Happy Friday, y'all!
Backing up to Saturday ...
***
In spite of our phones' GPS going AWOL on the way to our friend's Monday -- arriving an uncharacteristically 15 minutes late -- we had a great afternoon. (Note to self: Next time print the darn directions and don't rely on the WAZE app.)
"Amazing Grace" being sung to the same score as "Peaceful Easy Feeling" ... "House of the Rising Sun" ... "Theme from Gilligan's Island." Even rap/hip-hop.
I apologize if my voice got in the way!
It's great to be around folks (about) the same age who enjoy the same songs. Susan remarked, "And, you can understand the words!"
***
So, our poor beleaguered "witches' tree" went bye-bye yesterday.
Because Macie Ann had me outside at 4-something this morning, I was still asleep going on 8 o'clock when I heard Jacob's big truck outside the bedroom window. Those guys are something else, scurrying around like a well-trained monkeys.
I'm going to miss the old girl -- but don't cotton to the idea it might fall and do some real damage.
It's getting warm out there, folks. Have a super weekend and try to keep cool!
Hugs, Myra







i like to watch the monkeys taking down a tree. sorry you had to lose her. I much prefer your music than the rapping coming from accross the street and the drummer rock n roll accross the street, two houses blasting, one in garage other in living room. at least it is usually on week ends only. she is right I understood every word.
ReplyDeleteabout the next time you need Waze, text me and I will send LAURA to guide you where you are going.
I do love a saxophone
we used to have a one man show like this man is, that came to the nursing home and we all loved his show. ,
Yes, please send Laura! I think this week's 'new to me' is discovering RURAL parts of Alabama I didn't know existed. LOL.
DeleteOh yes, I'm thankful for the air conditioning in my house to keep cool when the weather turns hot. Even here in Ohio we've experienced some above normal temps for a few days in a row and my house heated up to 83 degrees so I turned on the air conditioning. My friends and I used to get tother to play our lap duecimers but sadly we don't do that anymore. We'd play old time folk music. We all know the songs and would sing along. When we go to one of my son's houses we do use a gps and it gets us there every time. I haven't experienced any bad directions. I saw on TV this morning where a lady drove into the ocean on the direction of her gps. What a catastrophe that would be. Take care and hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. Keep cool. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI've never known anyone who plays the dulcimers! What a sweet memory!
DeletePS - I Googled that story of the lady who drove into the ocean following her GPS. Too funny!
I love that you were able to gather with others around your age and enjoy music together, Myra. Yes, we certainly do have shared tastes when it comes to the songs we grew up with and loved. These days, I find I would rather listen to country music than any other genre. Maybe, because the lyrics always tell a good story.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
If I'm going to listen to the radio or Alexa, 9 times out of 10 we choose County. (Old Country, that is.)
DeleteLoved the video. I miss the days of singing around the piano with family. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Cathy! You, too!
DeleteEnjoyed the video, so good to see people having a great time!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Mary!
DeleteI’m so glad you found that group. It’s definitely a winner. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteWe're trying! 🫠
DeleteI really enjoyed the singing and the music. Thank you, Mevely.
ReplyDeleteHow good of Walmart to give you a "thank you" bag. They don't do that over here.
Stay happy. Life is good.
God bless.
I actually think they had me mixed up with the members ... but it was appreciated!
DeleteWhat a fun concert!! Sorry about your tree but you are right to take care of it before it does damage. I haven't been to Walmart in ages. How nice of them to give you some goodies for using their service. Nice!! Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteLike I told Victor, I think the girl may have got me mixed up with folks to pay the annual (no-minimum) fee. Owing to the crime rate, I no longer go inside Wal-Mart alone.
DeleteOh, that was SO much fun!! I loved it!!! Thank you for sharing it with us. I loved the sweet southern accents singing God Bless America!! And your Tom did a great job on that Sax! Amazing!!! What fun. Sorry to see a tree go, but I understand why and am glad you got it taken care of. Oh, how nice to receive some freebies from Walmart! That was nice of them. It seems like the pick up lines are getting longer outside than the regular shoppers! For those who need the assistance, that's great. It just seems strange to see more clerks in the store gathering up people's groceries for them than there are regular shoppers. It's a strange new world. Meanwhile, I'm up there checking out my own groceries....go figure...
ReplyDeleteLike I told Terri, I won't go inside our Wal-Mart any longer ... too many instances of petty theft and purse snatching. As long as I buy at least $35, the curb-side service is free ... and I don't have to bag my own stuff. Woot!
DeleteThat sounds like a wonderful concert with wonderful friends. I am so glad you have them. Wish I had more friends like that.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to meet you somewhere in the middle someday for lunch!
DeleteWhat fun! I wish I had a group of friends like that! Of course, they might run me out of the group because I have no musical talent whatsoever! I have a large elm tree that is going to be cut down soon because I really don't "cotton" to the idea of that big old thing falling in the middle of the night! Free stuff is always a good thing!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
Thanks! I've known these folks through church for a few years, but we've never socialized before now. I just hope they had as much fun as we did.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post and awwwwwww on the tree. Have a beautiful week ahead my friend.
ReplyDeleteYou, too! 🤗
DeleteEnjoyed the visit although late. I love the sax. Guitars are great but the sound of the sax just gets me.
ReplyDeleteNow take care, we afre still carrying the load but are told that another 2 weeks there may be an answer. This has been the worst 1 1/2 years of our lives.....
Love you girl,
Wishing you the best
Sherry & jack in NC for 3 more days then back to FL for the answer\. we hope... thanks for the prayers.
That was nice of Walmart. That sounds like fun listening to him play. That's true about the songs and understanding the words. Sorry about your tree. Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDelete