Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Another Wednesday ...

 


... another Hodgepodge. 
Tell me it doesn't feel good when someone solicits your opinion.  

This week Joyce asks ...

 
¿?¿


Do you know much about (or understand) Artificial Intelligence (AI)?   Does it worry or excite you?

Pretty sure AI's already become a part of our lives.  But no, I can't claim to understand it.

I'm mostly amused/fascinated by the possibilities.

At the time same, however, I pray it's used for the betterment of society -- not a tool for some madman's personal gain.  Sometimes it feels like we're living in an old James Bond movie.



What was the last song you listened to?

Traveling Wilbury's 'Handle With Care'

Your favorite movie soundtrack?

It's a toss-up between Forrest Gump and Mama Mia!

What song always puts you in a good mood?

There's so many!  For instance ...

Daydream Believer, Georgy Girl, anything by the Seekers.

and how about ...


Click here ... don't forget the lyrics!




What were you doing 10 years ago?

May 2013 wasn't a particularly happy chapter -- we'd recently lost our 'heart' dog + Tom was diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer, undergoing both chemo and radiation.

Nevertheless, due to friends and family's prayer and support we got through!

I did a lot of singing along to this song!




Your favorite no-bake summer dessert?

Edwards Key Lime Pie



Something you're looking forward to in June

We had such a good time with friends on Memorial Day (pictures coming), they've invited us back for grilling and music making.




Insert your own random thought here







Have a beautiful day, y'all!
See you Friday ... hugs,
Myra

 











26 comments:

  1. Ahhh, The Cowsills! That's a great one I didn't think of. I just listened to it and feel happier : ) There's a documentary about them on either Netflix or Prime. My husband watched it and said it's kind of a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for telling me about the documentary; I'm going to look for it!

      Delete
  2. Good answers, Mevely.

    As my intelligence understands it, AI is when a computer is programmed to "learn" and never repeats the same mistake. So it improves all the time and works faster than a human brain. Also, because a computer never drinks alcohol, or play music or get distracted in any way it is much more efficient than a human.

    However, what an AI computer cannot do is tell jokes because computers do not have a sense of humour. Humour is personal, and it is also geographically different. I could tell a joke in London and my audience would laugh at it. Whereas people in New York would not laugh because they cannot hear me.

    I bet an AI computer cannot deliver this joke as well as I did!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kermit, stand aside. To paraphrase, It ain't easy being AI!

      Delete
  3. Have not heard of the cowsills or that song, but when I saw the date? no wonder. I had two baby boys in diapers and went into a funk for a few years. working, babies, no money, hubby working 2 jobs.. yikes.
    Favorite Songtrack The Bodyguard, Whitney Houston.
    Looking forward to Satuurday June 3rd, breakfat with my 2 first cousins Bonnie and Shair, in the historic part of Palmetto, FL in the old building my grandparents had a bakery back in the the roaring 20s. Have not seen them in 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Bodyguard. There will never be another like Whitney.

      Delete
  4. Hi Myra, good to visit with you today. I've missed that but am on the mend ... Trying hard to catch up with everyone! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Seekers, was sad to hear that Judith Durham passed not too long ago. Enjoyed your answers today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I hadn't heard that about Judith. 😞

      Delete
  6. That last is a great thought! I forgot about the great soundtrack from Forest Gump!! Another fun Hodgepodge!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the meme, Myra, and I loved the walk down memory lane with the Cowsills. What an amazing family group! I did feel sad when I saw that some of them have already passed away. Nothing like that to make one feel old.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? We found that documentary Joyce mentioned (above) and watched on Amazon Prime. Sad, one never knows what really happens behind closed doors.

      Delete
  8. I have no idea what I was doing 10 years ago. None whatso ever, but I guarantee it was better than your heart crushing one... Glad you guys survived....
    Artificial Intelligence? Doesn't scare me, but I have already heard enough to know we can get ready for some crazy conspiracy Theories....
    I think I feel good hearing some Dean Martin...
    Love from NC, enjoyed the visit and always enjoy just looking at your side bar pics...
    Sherry & jack trying to smile!....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to beat Dean Martin! Still lifting prayers.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry about Tom and your pup. I'm sending you love and prayers and best wishes. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to be from Cheerful Monk

      Delete
    2. Thanks! So grateful for modern medicine and a doctor who believed he could. So we did!

      Delete
  10. I am enjoying the warmer and sunny days June brings our way. It's not as hot as it was last week, but still very comfortable. I don't remember any particular song that made me happy but I was delighted to sing happy birthday to one of my grandsons last weekend. I'm not concerned about AI but they do say we have reason to be. I never let someone else determine what I think about things I use my own intelligence on that one. Hope you are enjoying some lovely summer days ! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, singing Happy Birthday always makes me smile. 🤗

      Delete
  11. Oh man! I forgot all about the Cowsills. Thanks for the link. Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard "Handle with Care." Mama Mia does have a great soundtrack. Yes, Daydream Believer is a joyful song. Oh my, I didn't know about Tom's cancer. I can't imagine going through that. Is that a frozen pie? So glad to hear that your Memorial Day party went well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol..just getting around to commenting on last weeks posts..yikes...I agree with your #1. I loved The Monkees. it was interesting looking back to 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!