Sunday, June 25, 2023

Just for fun ...

 

I'm joining Bev 'n friends for another episode of Sunday Stealing.

Won't you play along?



Inquiring minds want to know ...


Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?

Weather permitting, saddle up!



Who is your favorite author?

Right now, it's a tie between
Jeffrey Deaver and Jonathan Kellerman



Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?

Alaska!
Anyone who knows me, knows I prefer cold weather.



If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

1980
... before my father's unexpected passing.
I'd share his favorite meal and listen.  Just listen.



What's your favorite zoo animal?

Polar bear



What's the tallest building you've been to the top of?

New York City's Empire State



How often do you buy clothes?

Rarely.
Unless I see a smoking deal at an Estate Sale, I've just about everything I need.



What was the last thing you recorded on TV?

We don't use our DVR



What was the last book you read?

I'm almost finished with this

... so I'm counting it.
It's been a long time since I stayed up too late reading. Fortunately last night, the battery on my tablet ran out of oomph.



What's your favorite type of foreign food?

Mexican



What kitchen appliance do you use every day?

Refrigerator
😋



How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real?  How did you find out?

Santa Claus was never a thing in our home.
When we opened presents Christmas Eve, my parents made sure I knew what (gift) was from Auntie Bert or Uncle Lu, etc., etc.

Only a Christmas morning did I discover little things from Santa (*wink*) in my stocking.


What was your favorite subject in school?

English, Journalism



What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

Sunny side up egg atop pizza.



What's your favorite family recipe?

My mother's banana nut bread



One of these days I'd like to try my hand at making grandmother's
lefse.  As a child, I probably tried eating my own body weight in those sweet treats!





Have a blessed day, y'all!
Hugs, Myra

 






30 comments:

  1. I did not even consider the refrigerator, but we use it all of the time don't we? Loved your answers! Have a nice day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably 'use' mine far more than is necessary. (*grin*)

      Delete
  2. I love that you have a recipe in your mother's handwriting (I'm assuming).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! I even had it printed on a kitchen cup towel that I use when baking.

      Delete
  3. Cant ride a bike, I fall over, never been on a horse, hate driving the car. that leave a big fancy car with a driver as my answer.
    I used driver, because I can't spell the C word.
    I love Jeffery and Jonathan, but love Lee Child more.
    I hated school. Still do. I am hands on learner.
    Fridge is a good answer, me too but now i use my bullet blender every single day to make my Fake ice cream.
    1962 and boy would things be different.
    I ate alligator tale in 1989, ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fantasy would be to own a big motor coach -- with a professional driver. Unfortunately, Alabama doesn't have a lottery and I wouldn't look good in jail-house orange, so .....

      Delete
  4. Good one again! I pick Alaska mainly the population and the wilds. However we love both...I HESITATE TO ADMIT I am about worn out on Westerns, So many authors. I need to get back to a real novel, I have so many favorite authors I need to pick one! (AND READ A REAL BOOK!)
    However I love horses. The one thing about the Westerns, the new ones bring out how good to the horses 99% of people were because that was a big part of their lives.
    When asked, my mama said, "Horses? they were for people up in the papers, we had mules. Your dad had a matched pair, they could work all day and still take us to the store... ;-)
    I cannot remember about Santa, but I WANTED to believe he was real. LOL
    Love you lady
    Sherry & jack holding on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you can take a little break from the Westerns (v. divorce them). This one by Follett has me biting my nails.
      "Hang on Sloopy!"

      Delete
  5. I wish I could enjoy Ken Follett, because I know so many people who do. Maybe he's above my reading level, because it seems like a job to read his books (the two I have tried). I got about half through Pillars of the Earth and gave up. Meanwhile, my husband really liked that one, although he never went searching for another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first Follett book I've read -- only because it came with sterling praise from another blogger.

      Delete
  6. Egg pizza. I suppose it's not THAT weird, but I've surely never even thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that different from a sausage and cheese omelet, is it?

      Delete
  7. Sunny side up Pizza! That wins the unusual prize for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. English was always my favorite, Myra. In fact, that's what I majored in in college. Looking back now, I wish I'd chosen a much more lucrative major.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't hindsight something? (... and does it bother you to see how people are 'butchering' the language? Still learning how to pick my battles.)

      Delete
  9. Favorite subject in school? History. I majored in physics because it was more practical and led to interesting jobs, but I still read history and biographies on my own,

    Alaska over Hawaii, i’m with you. Cold over heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care about history while in school (and it showed). Thankfully, my tastes have evolved.

      Delete
  10. So many mothers no longer have the luxury of staying home with their littles; I've no doubt your children were very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep forgetting about Ken Follett. I always enjoy his books and haven't read one in a long time. Have a blessed week ahead, Myra! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! This is my first Follett read.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful answers. Especially the "1980" one.

    Thanx. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eggs on pizza? That's pretty weird but I'd eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your answers. I think the penquins and polar bears would be my favorite. I also like the gorillas and monkeys. I haven't been to the zoo in years. I kinda miss it and the aquarium. I wasn't a big fan of school, so probably recess and lunch would have to be my answer. lol I mean, I did okay in school, but I didn't like homework or studying. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! I only did well in those subjects I liked.

      Delete
  15. thecontemplativecat here. Loved the questions and your answers. Elephants! Most amazing of God's creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the book series, Babar? I loved him.

      Delete
  16. thecontemplativecat here. Could you do me a favor please? I cannot comment on "On the bright side" because Norton is still stomping on certain blogs. Let her know that I tried!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!