Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Summertime at the Hodgepodge

 

Welcome back to Wednesday's Hodgepodge!  

Step aside, Barbara Walters.  Let's lift our frosty mugs of root beer to Joyce!





Hello Summer! In the northern hemisphere anyway. What's something on your summer bucket list? Do you have an actual summer bucket list? If not, use your hypothetical list.

I don't have such a list -- but wouldn't say 'no' to driving over to Auburn and Toomer's Corner Drugs.  Finally. Their lemonade is supposed to be legendary.




What for you is the defining scent of summer?

Coppertone suntan lotion ...
mosquito repellent



What's a (music, food, wine, or flower) festival happening in your part of the country that you would like to attend if tickets/travel/timing was no object? 

I'm not aware of any summertime festivals nearby.
Considering Tom's limited mobility and the usual crowds, maybe it's best we just bank our time.



Apparently a military whistle blower claims the US has a UFO retrieval program. What say you? Do you believe aliens are out there?

I don't dis-believe --
but if so (and presuming they mean no harm) I wish we'd leave them the heck alone. 



Besides your wedding day and the birthdays of any children you may have, what are three of your top experiences in life?

Oh my gosh, Joyce. This is a toughie!

My travels -- in particular, to Glacier Bay (AK) and Tuscany (Italy) are right up there.

Oh, and the cruise where several of us talked an employee into showing us the ship's engine boiler room.  I wasn't counting on having to climb down a ladder in formal wear and wound up breaking a heel in the process.  It was HOT down there.

I've met some famous folks, but ...

getting to meet and visit with Sean Dietrich (aka, Sean of the South) a few months ago sure quickened this old lady's pulse. (lol)





 


Insert your own random thought here. 


PSA!
It's best not to store cleaning products together with personal toiletries.  
Day before yesterday I nearly sprayed my hair with granite cleaner/polish.
Oops!





Have a good one, y'all!
Hugs, Myra
 



28 comments:

  1. it would be interesting to know if it would keep your hair in place or maybe turn it to granite LOL
    Never met a famous person, JUST YOU, and that is because you have met 4 famous persons or more. close as I can come.
    unless a famous person walks in Walmart or Publix or knocks on my door...We watched the Famous Person Clint Eastwood in The Mule this week, on netflix and I was shocked to see him looking old but then I remembered I am old too. 93 and still making movies. that is famous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first teen crush was on Clint Eastwood, but sadly never got to meet him. The only way I got to meet these folks was when they came to the TV station where I worked. Only one wasn't so pleasant, but that's because he wasn't feeling well. The nicest? Phyllis Diller.

      Delete
  2. I love Sean Dietrich's writing! How fun to meet him in person. I'm glad you missed the granite spray : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so gratified to learn he's just as sweet and genuine as his writing suggests. No ego!

      Delete
  3. Good thing you didn't spray your hair with that, lol. Wishing you a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my summer bucket list of things to do would be going to the farmers market for fresh fruits and vegetables. They taste so good. I want a fresh vine ripened tomato and some corn on the cob. I hope to spend more time out doors and to use the pool here in our community. Summer goes by so fast due to the fact that we have so much more fun.
    I've only traveled in the US, never on a train or a cruise ship. I'd like to go on a train ride someday across the country. Summer to me means family and friends and picnics and barbecues. I love outdoor grilling, especially hot dogs! Hope you have a wonderful summer there ! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ma! I, too, would love to book passage on a cross-country train ... or even the Canadian Rockies. Like the old Greyhound commercial suggests, "Leave the driving to us!"

      Delete
  5. I love those pictures of you. And thank you for introducing me to Sean Dietrich. I love reading his stuff. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That smell of summer after a hot day's shower.
    Driving thru the YUKON is top on my memories.
    I did smile of formal gear down into the ships engine room. I remember seeing Engineman on a USN ship show up for dinner covered in grease. LOL
    Sherry & jack feeling like being on hold for an important call!!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope and pray that call comes sooner rather than later ... with glad tidings!

      Delete
  7. Ha, I said Coopertone as well. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you go to Auburn for the lemonade, go on over and have a meal at Acre! Also, I cannot believe I didn't think of Coppertone . . . YES! YES! YES! I love the smell of Coppertone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm mm mm. Always thought John Forsythe was a handsome older man. I got to see the toilet papering at Toomer’s corner once and it was a sight to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your answers today. How awesome to meet some famous people. Yes, be careful with those products. Thank God you caught that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. Tom said my hair might have fallen out!

      Delete
  11. Sean is one of my "mysteries of life," Myra. I've tried repeatedly to sign up for his blog, and have come up empty. What's with that?
    Danny's mother would have been so jealous of you meeting Alex Trebek as Jeopardy was her favorite show. Maybe she has finally met him as the two of them are now in heaven.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How disappointing! I only read him on FB, but I know you quit that. I'm going to try and sign up for the e-mail; maybe there's a glitch on his end.

      Delete
  12. Yes, there are aliens from outer space out there. Some have visited earth. I read in the papers, (so it must be true), that a woman claims that aliens have turned her husband into fish sticks.

    She told the police and asked what she should do.

    They suggested either grilling or frying. But not boiling as the fish sticks would disintegrate in the water.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Myra, I turned my sister on to Sean of the South. Sent her one of his books for her birthday. She loves him as much as we do. I told her you got to meet him. She is as jealous as I am!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We don't do festivals anymore either, our health issues don't like them. UFO's, I feel there has to be something to them, there's just been too many sightings over the years. I just don't understand the hush-hush attitude world governments have about them. Obviously if they meant us harm, they would have done so by now. I really don't know what to believe about them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great advice! They do look similar. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your answers....but I LOVE following Sean of the South! That would beat any famous person (celebrity wise) in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!