Thursday, March 20, 2025

Either or, This? or That?

 


Just for fun, let's play a game. 



Actually, the idea came to me yesterday when Tom bullied persuaded me to get on his John Deere mower.  I did make a few laps, but may have snarled something to the effect, "I'd rather scrub toilets!"

... hence today's post.   
I've listed a "Baker's Dozen", but please don't feel you have to answer them all.   

It's always fun to learn a little more about my friends.
(The shaded words are my responses.  I can't wait to hear yours!)



Would you rather?


Mow the lawn/weed or
    scrub toilets?


Fly 2 hours, or
    drive 3 days?


Spend an afternoon with toddlers or
    residents of a nursing home?


Cook Thanksgiving dinner or
    clean the kitchen?


Attend a rodeo or
    visit the Aquarium?


Call or
    text?


Be a contestant on the Amazing Race or
    Dancing with the Stars?


Celebrate your birthday at an elegant restaurant or
    the neighborhood pub?


Deep-dish pizza or
    flatbread?


Foot rub or
    scalp massage?


Spring pastels or
    earth tones


Read a book by a favorite author or
    see the movie version starring your favorite actor?


Outdoor fireplace or
    swimming pool


***



Can you think of any more 'this or that' questions?
Please tell!



Hugs, Myra






44 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, this is fun!! My answers...I love to mow when it's a riding mower, LOVE flying...but sometimes enjoy road trips, Nursing home for sure, CLEAN....I don't enjoy cooking, Aquarium, Call...don't like texting, Amazing Race, LOL....Celebrate me at a restaurant, Most definitely flatbread, a foot rub sounds good, Earth tones are best for me, I'm a visual person so a movie is better for me and The POOL for all of this Texas heat. Now, we need to see your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My answers are shaded in the green. Thanks for asking, Shug!

      Delete
  2. I do really well on multiple choice, I draw a blank when there is a blank left to fill. I love this one.
    Mow the lawn/weed or
    scrub toilets? LOVE TO MOW the grass, always have, I like watching it look better and better.


    Fly 2 hours, or
    drive 3 days? easy, I DO NOT FLY



    Spend an afternoon with toddlers or
    residents of a nursing home? NEVER TODDLERS is my motto


    Cook Thanksgiving dinner or
    clean the kitchen? NEITHER ONE, but with gun at head for a choice is clean up


    Attend a rodeo or
    visit the Aquarium? aquarium



    Call or
    text? TEXT



    Be a contestant on the Amazing Race or
    Dancing with the Stars? Dancing, I love that show but you would not love watching me.



    Celebrate your birthday at an elegant restaurant or
    the neighborhood pub? NEITHER.. pulled pork or a hamburger anywhere that sells them



    Deep-dish pizza or
    flatbread? Serve me pizza with flatbread as a side



    Foot rub or
    scalp massage? neither, I can't stand for people to touch me...



    Spring pastels or
    earth tones Neither one, I love jewel tones or black



    Read a book by a favorite author or
    see the movie version starring your favorite actor? books all the way, Jack Reacher needs to be read with my vivid imagination


    Outdoor fireplace or
    swimming pool fireplace for me







    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd much rather read a book than see a movie based on the same. Something would have to be really bad for me to want to scrub toilets, like having to go to the doctor, which I detest. And yes, I'd rather text than call, unless we are doing a FaceTime with daughter and the grands. Blessings, Myra, for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe, I've never FaceTime'd anyone!

      Delete
  4. Scrub toilets, Depends, Toddlers, Cook!!! Aquarium, Call, Amazing Race, Elegant Restaurant, Flatbread
    Neither, I don't like my feet or head to be touched,
    Earth tones, Book, Swimming Pool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elegant restaurant v. pub was a hard one for me. I want both!

      Delete
  5. I always prefer to fly in a plane not drive for hours, I also would rather mow the yard than scrub toilets. I do like swimming pools over fireplaces, Just because I like the warmer weather. And I prefer calls to text messages anytime, but they each have something worthwhile. Hope you are enjoying the first day of Spring there, it is breautiful here. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. Each have something worthwhile; it all depends!

      Delete
  6. ✅ Mow the lawn.
    ✅ Drive 3 days.
    ✅ Residents of a nursing home.
    ✅ Clean the kitchen. I don't cook.
    ✅ Rodeo.
    ✅ Call but texting's ok too.
    ✅ Neither. Don't know what those are.
    ✅ Neighborhood pub.
    ✅ Flatbread.
    ✅ Foot rub.
    ✅ Earth tones (usually).
    ✅ Read a book.
    ✅ Outdoor fireplace.
    Fun post! Blessings my friend. 😎 Hope your day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love these questions. Its hard to be definitive because of circumstances surrounding the answers but I will try.
    Mow the lawn
    Mostly fly but if the driving involves a lot of sightseeing then driving.
    Nursing home
    I guess clean the kitchen..I really don't like to be creative about cooking
    Rodeo
    texting I really don't enjoy gabbing on the phone
    Amazing Race but Dave and I would be utter failures. The get up and go has definitely got up and went...
    Neighbor pub
    Pizza
    scalp massage..hate my feet being touches. I'm so ticklish
    earth tones I am definitely a Fall
    Book
    Outdoor fireplace
    Fun questions Myra
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, that! All the while I was thinking of these questions the cautionary "it all depends" kept popping in my head.

      Delete
  8. I'm not an outdoorsy type so I will scrub the toilet. Love to drive over flying anytime. Toddlers are so much fun. I'd cook Thanksgiving dinner (not a fan of cleaning up). Pretty fish over stinky horses anytime. I am not a fan of texting (you don't hear their voice or get the emotions). Like I say, I'm not outdoorsy so I'll dance with the stars. I want an elegant restaurant over fast food. Flatbread over pizza, and oh yes, a foot rub please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another non-outdoorsy person! Thank you for visiting, Latane!

      Delete
  9. I love the questions, and I love your answers!
    I would rather scrub toilets.
    Fly two hours.
    Play with toddlers.
    Clean kitchen.
    Text.
    Dance With the Stars.
    Neighborhood pub.
    Flatbread.
    Foot rub.
    Earth tones.
    Movie.
    Pool.

    Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandie! I think you're the only person who prefers to play with toddlers.

      Delete
  10. scrub toilets?
    drive 3 days?
    residents of a nursing home?
    Cook Thanksgiving dinner
    visit the Aquarium?
    text?
    Be a contestant on
    Dancing with the Stars?
    Celebrate your birthday at or
    the neighborhood pub?
    Deep-dish pizza
    Foot rub
    earth tones
    Read a book by a favorite author
    Outdoor fireplace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where the question marks came from but they/you made me smile big!

      Delete
  11. I love the questions and it's fun reading everyone else's answers above! I think I am almost identical to Sparky above, except I'd rather cook Thanksgiving dinner than clean up afterwards.
    I'd rather mow than scrub toilets any day.
    Flying is good if you are in a hurry, but I'd LOVE to take a road trip and see the sights along the way and take our time and not be in a rush to get somewhere on time.
    Hmmm, toddlers or nursing home...well, it depends on who the toddlers are...if I had any grandchildren at that age, I would dearly LOVE to spend an afternoon with them. That would be so delightful to me. But not just any toddlers, you understand...they have to be "special" to me. Otherwise, just a little visit is fine.
    I'd love to see a good rodeo
    I really love phone calls from dear friends and family. Texting is okay when you aren't trying to have a real conversation, but I miss hearing people's voices.
    I don't think I could do either Amazing Race or Dancing with the stars, so I will pass...
    Neighborhood pub restaurant.(not just a pub...must have food!)
    I'm not familiar with flatbread, so I'd like to try it.
    I love a good scalp massage when getting my hair washed at the salon, however, you have to pay extra for that now, so I pass on the hair wash and blow dry and just get it cut.
    I'm more earthtones and darker jewel tones, not pastels
    Read a book...the movies are never as good as the book.
    Outdoor fireplace/firepit
    This was fun, Myra! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great -- and such thoughtful -- response! Thank you, Pam!

      Delete
  12. I'd rather mow the lawn and weed.
    Drive for three days.
    I don't like toddlers,so.....reluctantly nursing home.
    Cook Thanksgiving dinner.
    Rodeo, probably.
    Text, definitely.
    I don't want to be a contestant anywhere.
    No celebrations for my birthday.
    Deep dish pizza.
    Nobody's touching my scalp or feet.
    Earth tones. But I like pastels, too.
    Reading a book.
    Fireplace. A pool requires too much upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quiet birthday observance (v. celebration) actually would be my choice. No fakery.
      Amen(!) to the pool upkeep. Never again!

      Delete
  13. I would rather read the book than the movie. Text would be me. Clean the kitchen than cook the Thanksgiving meal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all sound like too much work for me. You all have a lot of energy! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great in theory ... not so much in practice!

      Delete
  15. Hello! New here... This looks like a fun way to get to know people...You had some good ones!
    Happy Spring
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I suggest you see the movie with subtitles on, then you can say you read the book.

    I agree with you about: scrub toilets, driving, nursing home. But I don't mind cooking.

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WoW, we're have a lot in common! Here's my answers - Scrub toilets, drive 3 days, residents of a nursing home, clean the kitchen, rodeo, call, dancing with the stars, neighborhood pub, flat bread, scalp message, earth tones, book, fireplace! This was fun☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww Myra, you put such a lump in my throat when I was just reading your comment on my blog today. I am so glad we are friends too. Wish we were closer. We would definitely gab the day away and we do think so much alike.
    We had our daughter in law over for dinner last night. Her hubby is out of town doing a photo workshop
    We had a great time and I didn't take a single picture. Made Chicken Divan, Caesar salad and brownies for desert. Now I have done my "fancy cooking" for the next few months...haha.. not really but its been a while since I have cooked for someone besides just Dave and I. .... and the house got cleaned too..another haha.. "company" will cause one to do crazy things!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! Now I'm chuckling b/c my kids are coming over tomorrow so I'm furiously cleaning house. Thank goodness for company!

      Delete
  19. I would rather:
    -mow the lawn (if it's a riding mower)
    -fly 2 hours (unless hubby is coming cause he'd rather drive and I much prefer traveling with him)
    -Clean the kitchen
    -Aquarium
    -Call (Hate texting)
    -Dancing with the Stars
    -Pub
    -Deep dish
    -scalp massage (my feet are too ticklish)
    -Spring Pastels
    -Read a book by a favorite author
    -Outdoor Fireplace

    This was fun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would rather mow the yard, clean the kitchen, call, cook T-giving dinner, toddlers, watch movie, Aquarium, and a whole lot of others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’d rather mow laws
    Drive 3 days to get somewhere. Spending time at a nursing home, cleaning the kitchen over cooking Thanksgiving! I enjoy rodeos, I prefer texting and get quite indignant if my phone rings! I love Amazing race, birthdays at a neighborhood pub having a flat bread pizza! I’ll go with a scalp massage because they always include your neck and upper shoulder area! Spring pastels are for babies so I like earth tones. I’d like to read a book by my own swimming pool!

    I sat in the dentist office doing this and lost it all so back to writing it once again.

    Fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Indignant if my phone rings" ... yes! I'm all the time having to caution Tom to turn off his ringer, especially while in church.
      Thank you for making time to re-write this!

      Delete
  22. I used to do the lawns years ago but I will do toilets now. That's a tough one but we do drive to Montana a few times a year. Oh my, I'll take both toddlers and nursing home. Clean the kitchen although I used to enjoy making Thanksgiving dinners. Rodeo because I haven't been before. Text. Amazing Race. Nice restaurant. Deep dish pizza, Lou Malnati's. Neither, but I'll take a pedicure. Earth tones. Movie. Fireplace sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!