Tuesday, March 11, 2025

 











Has everyone pretty much acclimated to the silly time change?  So far, the only benefit I've realized is our dogs let me snooze another hour.

A little while ago, I noticed the weeds are ridiculously happy Spring's (almost) here.  Normally I'd grumble, but I'm trying to flip the mirror.  For instance, I'm grateful we no longer live in an HOA community!



Would y'all believe, soon we'll mark our 7th year as Alabama residents ... whoo-hoo!
Yep.  Seven years since I walked out the door of my former workplace and into a new season.
The #1 song on the charts?  "God's Plan." 
   

I wasn't exactly forthcoming (here in Blogland) about working conditions the last several years -- but so reluctant scared to walk away from that paycheck and benefits.  Sound familiar?  Maybe you know someone like me?  Perhaps intimately?

Just look at this fictional question I saw the other evening:

He 'gets' me!




Of late, our days have been blessedly ordinary.  I'm grateful for ...

...new secure fencing in place out back
...an "A" from my cute dentist
...temperatures not yet so hot, allowing me to make another pot of spicy white chili

... oh! and not almost amputating my finger while trying to pierce the top of a wine bottle's label with a butcher knife.  (After years and years, whose idea was it to replace Barefoot's customary cork with a screw-top?) 


As ever,
... for a warm gathering with my Bible study sisters yesterday.
Hours later, one of Jennifer Rothschild's "take-away truths" still weighs in my conscious:

"Sorry beach lovers, no more sea in the new heavens and new earth.  In Scripture the sea represented chaos and disorder.  Those won't exist in the new heavens and new earth.  Plus, the sea is presently a separator.  There will be no separation for believers on the new earth."

I wonder what that says about me; my life-long fascination with rough, churning seas.  Hmmm.

She reminds us, "He leadeth me beside the still waters."


... and on that note

Who wants to meet me someday in beautiful Gulf Shores, Alabama?



Hugs, Myra










33 comments:

  1. The infamous time change is a completely unecessary annoyance. I can never get used to it - - and I never comply with it. My clocks don't change.

    Almost seven years in Alabama? Where does the time go? (no puns about clock changes). This October marks my eleventh year here in TN.

    The sea will be no more? Ironically, the ocean is an intricate part of our existence The tides, the moon etc. bring logical order to the earth.....and the oceans provide a rational divide between the lands.
    It's God's plan, which we can't live without.
    I sure ain't no expert, but that's my humble opinion.

    I'll meet you at the shore.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points! Like the lady who spoke up, "How do we know?"
      None of us are experts, but I appreciate your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. It takes me a bit to acclimate to DST.
    I love the beach and find God easily when I am there in the early morning, alone before the crowds add chaos to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You set me thinking ... so, there is no sea in Heaven. I always wondered what it will be like. Jesus said in “In my Father's house are many mansions” John 14:2; implying to the people of the time that Heaven is a physical place. But if we are souls in Heaven why do we need a house with all the amenities, and a beach, and other physical things?

    Some believe we will get our bodies back; but renewed bodies without any disabilities or weaknesses of age and illness. Why? Why do we need bodies?

    And will my body be young and handsome or at my age now? How will people recognise me?

    You got me all confused, Mevely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You remind me of something Max Lucado said: "Our Promised Land isn't a physical territory. It's not real estate but a real state of the heart and mind."

      Delete
    2. Oh I like that comment of Max Lucado. a Real State of the heart and mind.
      Sue

      Delete
  4. Personally, I like this time change. However, if they would leave it one or the other it would be great.
    We have been blogging friends a long time because I remember following you way before the move to Alabama. I would love to meet you on the Gulf Shores.
    Rick and I are in the same place as you and Sam.
    Hope your finger gets better soon.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer the early darkness but agree, let's pick something and leave it. Like they do in Arizona. And Hawaii (I think).

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes, yes..I would love to meet you on those shores or any place. Unfortunately it won't happen in this life time but we will finally meet in that happy forever land.
    That is an interesting thought about no sea and it being a separation. I really will have to think about that..
    Glad you got the new fence in..We were blessed with our neighbor helping us attach some new boards to our side fence that were slowly listing. The squirrels use the fence top as their freeway from one yard to another and continue to make it wobbly.
    I am going to enjoy the sunlight longer in the evening but don't like it so dark in the mornings. But this to shall pass...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute, I can forgive 'our' squirrels almost anything. Almost. Your neighbor is a real blessing!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely, I would love to meet you in Gulf Shores...A far distance for sure, but I promise ..the next time I am in your area, I am looking you up. Ouch on your finger incident. I sure hope it heals quickly. The sea is so loved by so many, but what awaits will be greater than great. I think another reason that I love the extra hour of sunlight is because I know that my kiddos are all getting home before dark. lol.. Enjoy this gorgeous sunshine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what promise awaits! No matter their age, our kiddos' safety is key.

      Delete
  7. Our Bible Study Group start that study next Tuesday. What week is it that she says this about the sea? That's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see -- I had to look. This was Session 5, page 170 (Takeaway Truths).

      Delete
  8. Yes, that’s what is said in Revelation 21:1 - While it is shocking, I believe the emphasis is more on the fulfillment and joy found in God's eternal presence, rather than the specific geographical features of the new earth.
    I love the ocean - but I love and trust God more! So, go to the beach, and ocean now! ⛱️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stayed in a job that nearly gave me a nervous breakdown, even took early SS retirement to get away from the stress. for the same reason, had been there so long, making top dollar and free benefits for me and 75 a month for bob, 100 percent coverage.
    and knowing humans would be working at any other job, I stuck it out.
    I slept till 4 am today, which is my always wake at 3 time, and I will not like this ever because I like my dark at night when I want to go to bed.. my inner clock is aligned with early to bed early to rise. I will adjust because I have no choice. unless I move to AZ or Hi.
    i would meet you at the beach if I could..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for the same reasons as yours, but I enjoy early dark to hopefully keep our electric bill affordable.

      Delete
  10. thecontemplativecat here. Wish I could walk around the beach on Georgia's coast. Have never been to that state. I dislike time changes. would like to stay in fall time changes. I like the early night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The time change has been getting to me too! I miss the extra hour of sleep haha. I am excited about the warmer weather though. I am hoping to get a start on my spring cleaning this week and have my carpets cleaned professionally. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Walking away from a secure paycheck and benefits is scary. I've done it too. Glad I did it now.
    I kinda dig the Barefoot screw top. No more fake cork to have to throw away. I'm really hooked on the red Cabernet Sauvignon (but not too much). Just a splash ... or so ... with my steaks. Yum. Helps my sleep at night with these achy breaky joints. lol
    Blessings. 🍀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Cabernet is my fav, too. I'd like an Amerone or Brunello -- but then I'm not inclined to go hungry or live without utilities.

      Delete
  13. Wish I could meet you there, but I can't even make it to our own beaches here in Florida, so I doubt I'll ever go there. But, never say never! No, I am not adjusted to the time change yet. It takes me at least a week. I am VERY tired. I enjoyed your post. Glad you didn't hurt your finger too much...that would be painful. Take care and enjoy your spring weather. Yes, we have weeds. I read somewhere that March is a no-mow month so the bees can enjoy the wildflowers, so that's my excuse for not mowing or pulling the weeds. However, hubby says they need to cut soon or our mower will choke...so I guess it's time... I hope the bees got what they needed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raising my hand about meeting you in Alabama one of these days!! Seven years!?! Really!?! I remember you making that move and that you drove down to Tampa and Lakeland shortly after that! 2018, I believe, when you were here. Whoosh go the years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Raising hand for sweet home Alabama, smiles. Wishing you a lovely day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatcha say, let's start ourselves 'Go Fund Myself' piggy banks!

      Delete
  16. We haven't noticed the time change very much. But I would be happy if they left it at Standard Time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!