Well, two out of three ain't bad!
For today, I'm feeling ...
A little stressed. I want to post more than 1-2 times a week, but my days of retirement aren't so interesting. My mind's all over the place, like a pinball in a pinball machine.
It's time I stop. Stop trying to compose the next great American novel. Stop comparing myself with others ... and most importantly, let go of the should'ves. No rules, right?
Okay then!
Starting today, I want to (try) upping my numbers/posts using less words. Who'd like to volunteer to keep me accountable?
From my virtual bookshelf --
As soon as I'm able to wrest my mind away from Jeffrey Deaver's
I'm looking forward to Victor's latest book, Appointment with Murder, featuring the ever-loved 'Fr. Ignatius.'
(I'm thinking "Father Knows Best" meets "Murder, She Wrote."
(I'm thinking "Father Knows Best" meets "Murder, She Wrote."
Outside my wheelhouse ...
Nevertheless, I'm fascinated by The Measure. Another blogger writes,
Nevertheless, I'm fascinated by The Measure. Another blogger writes,
"THIS is very different and will cause you to stop and think.
..... the narrative of the sudden occurrence of everyone in the world 22 and over knowing the age at which they would die."
"... family, friendship, hope and destiny that encourages us to live life to the fullest."
What's in your wheelhouse?
Hugs, Myra



Oh Myra, please don't stress over blogging... I keep wondering what I am going to write and sometimes it comes up blank..so go with that...the world isn't full of excitement and drama. It's full of everyday things.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about doing some kind of photo scavenger hunt or maybe a "A B C Tuesday. That's where I try to find a photo or thought that begins with the letter of the day of the alphabet. It used to be fun long ago and it got me looking at my surroundings differently. Just some thoughts..I am actually talking to myself too.
Sue
Aw, thank you!
DeleteI love both of these ideas so much .....
Scavenger hunts used to be some of my favorite things. I can't wait to play your version!
One of the reasons I take long breaks from my blog is because I can't seem to find things to write about. THAT'S because we are very stay at home people, not out enough to have something to write about. But, with that said we're as happy as can be in our little bungalow by the bay!
ReplyDeleteWe're basically home-bodies, too. I always enjoy reading when you share your joy, Mary.
DeleteFirst of all, Mevely, thank you so much for mentioning my book "APPOINTMENT WITH MURDER". You've always been very kind to me and a loyal supporter end encourager. The book does involve some moral principles at the end; and I'd like readers views on this. What would they have done in the circumstances?
ReplyDeleteNow about Blogging: YES you can. You can increase your posts every week. They don't have to be long and could be about anything. Something you noticed that day, a piece of music or a song which brought back memories, a recipe to share. Write on just anything; your audience awaits. A sermon you heard at church or read. I know you can ... and so do many of your readers.
Good luck and God bless.
Thank you so much for the encouraging words and tips! Like you, they're valued.
DeleteI stopped at Ollies and none of the books seemed interesting...so. nothing is on my shelf or nightstand right now.
ReplyDeleteI so understand where you're coming from in ref. to posting, sigh. Just post when you can or have something to say, grin. I hadn't realized Victor is an author, how interesting. smiles
Thanks, Linda.
DeleteYes, Victor's written many wonderful books -- both Christian and comedic.
thecontemplativecat here. I enjoy Victor's book and his character, Father Ignatius. Good writer. I determined years ago that posting every day was too much. So I post 2 or 3 times a week. I love writing. It fills me with joy.
ReplyDelete... and costs so little! 🤗
DeleteYes, your posts don’t have to be long, and posting makes us pay attention to little things.
Delete—- Cheerful Monk
💛
DeleteBlogging is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. It's YOUR page, you can do it however YOU want. There are no rules, except for the common rules of civility and good manners. LOL. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. You are wonderful just the way you are, and that is why we love you so much! If we were all the same, our blogging posts would be very boring! Frankly, just between you and me, that's why I don't do so many of the memes during the week. I prefer to be more individual, me, myself and I and share whatever comes to mind. But then again, sometimes I know we get stuck for ideas and the memes help to jog our brains a bit and make us think. So they are good, I just don't like a steady diet of them. Be yourself, write whenever you want, whatever you want. There shouldn't be any pressure here. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteLove you right back! 🤗
DeleteThe main thing is to have fun.
ReplyDelete—- Cheerfl Monk
Cheerful Monk
DeleteGreat advice. I love that word!
DeleteDitto the folks above who are telling you to just have fun and don't stress about blogging. I consider mine a journal and have just quit worrying about who cares. I care. My wheelhouse is full of looking forward to retiring again!! It's coming. Love & hugs, Myra!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I love the idea of it (blog) being a journal. A grown-up diary!
DeleteGirls just wanna have fun, Myra, and that's what blogging should be! I do so enjoy your posts whether you think you have anything new to share. I do value our blogging friendship. Oh, and I ordered Victor's latest yesterday. Can't wait to read it!!! I love the summary you offered as a cross between Father Knows Best and Murder, She Wrote. Fr. Ignatius is and always will be such a beloved character in my book (pun intended)!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much! Blogging friendships are priceless.
DeleteWell, like everyone said - don't stress - be yourself - that is what I talked about on my post today as well. We all wonder what to post about.
ReplyDeleteA voice of reason ... I love that!
DeleteWrite everything that comes to your mind - - full speed ahead - - and be damned to those who resist. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLock and load, right? 😉
DeleteI love the way you write, and have never come to a post that did not make me smile. I love your humor and anything you write about. for sure there is no right/wrong way to blog. you are on my never miss one of your posts list. even a day late. ha ha. good luck with trying to write shorter post and not so many words. I just can't seem to do that. I start out trying to make it short and at the end I think oh well and push the post button. I find you post like you talk and feel and so do I. we don't FEEL a few words, we FEEL a lot of words. love you
ReplyDelete💛💛💛
DeleteFor me, your writings and comments are one of the best. I always look forward to your posts.
ReplyDeleteI've been stressing over social media period. All this stress has made me stoved up. I need to quit worrying and comparing myself to others too because short posts are the best! No need to be verbose or share a kazillion photos. I know what it is, with me, anyway, I've been feeling overwhelmed. Nothing serious just "life". I need to give all my fears, concerns, heartaches and everything to God more. I'm letting down the side for sure.
Sorry, I made that all about me. *giggle* See, you're so therapeutic.
The book I'm reading now is "Destination Unknown" by Agatha Christie.
Hope your day is blessed. 💙
I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling a little stressed, too. Why are we so durn hard on ourselves? I hope you know this (my blog) is a Safe place to vent. Whenever. Hugs!
DeleteDon't stress! Give it up to God as my mom use to tell me. I have been hit and miss with the kids here. Now the husband has another project I Need to get started. Boy is he bossy when he wins at Rummy! hahaha
ReplyDeleteInteresting post. I don't blog very often. I always do Wednesday Hodgepodge. I end up putting things in the random, rather than writing a whole new post. You do a great job with posting. Embrace and appreciate what you have done.
ReplyDelete