Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Letters

 








Dear Maryann (aka, self-proclaimed hair artist)

Thank you for having the grace not to say anything.
Recently, in an ill-considered moment I took the cuticle scissors to my hair. 


The result was better than hoped, prompting me to take a selfie.







Unfortunately, the next time I shampooed there was no disguising what I'd done.  It's probably best someone remove all the sharp objects from my bathroom.   






Dear Brittney (aka, Olive Garden server),

Thank you for making our lunch experience so enjoyable!

While trying to decide, I pulled out my phone and asked, "Can y'all do this?"


*from FB Keto group*
"Chicken scampi with broccoli instead of the pasta."

Delish!
The sauce was so yummy, I may have fantasized about ordering a cup-full.


A little later Tom, too, was waxing rhapsodic about his meal.
"Does Olive Garden sell their Alfredo sauce?"

No. ... Everything is made fresh each morning.

Me: "I'd love to watch!"

Maybe it stems from watching too much reality television, but I've an exaggerated interest in what goes on behind restaurant's kitchen doors.


Me:  "No offense to Olive Garden, but our favorite restaurant is Longhorn.  I'm always curious for instance how a party of 4 can order 4 separate entrees and everything arrives on time, perfectly prepared."

No offense!  My hubby works there in that kitchen.

Me:  "Please tell him 'thanks.'
And while you're at it, maybe Longhorn might begin offering kitchen tours during non-peak hours?"

Good idea, I'll tell him!


{I'm not holding my breath.  But would anyone else be interested in that sort of thing?}




Dear VW dealership,

I was surprised/disappointed last month when my practically new Taos suddenly lost all power while I was preparing to pull out into traffic.

Moreso, when you informed me the earliest you could check it was August 20.

We negotiated.  I brought it in on July 23 and drove home in a loaner.

Today's August 30, and despite having left repeated voice mail messages, I don't appreciate being ignored.

Funny, the following "e" message arrived this morning:
"Hi Myra. This is your Taos emailing you. It's my one-year birthday coming up ...." (ya-da-ya-dah)

So, I wasted no time responding to you (salesman), asking you share my sad story with your General Manager.

Supposedly, you're "on it, as we speak."

{Heck, I totally believe somedays you gotta pick your battles -- but I'm ready to lock-and-load.}






Dear Blog family,

Thank you for listening!


Hugs, Myra








29 comments:

  1. Well, we're in sync. I cut my hair this week and look like a frightened dandelion. You look much better.
    Chicken scampi with broccoli sounds good ( I don't want to know what goes on in a restaurant kitchen....)

    I finally gave up driving after all my serious health issues - - and I don't miss it.
    Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Frightened dandelion" ... hahahaha! I'm going to use that one.

      Delete
  2. I would have been on locked and loaded the day it happened and the lock would by now be with safety OFF.. my word. the scampi looks good, sometimes I make bob's spaghetti with french cut grean beans, I love it that way but can't eat it. I would eat the scampi if I could. no, I have never pondered how anything is cooked or how they do it. I did once go in the kitchen to the owners office, it was a chinese buffet, and I never ate there again, hope they let you go because I would love to know even though I would not go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now inquiring minds need to know what you were doing, going to the owner's office!

      Delete
  3. Your hair does look very pretty. I've also made the mistake of cutting my own bangs. *cough* It did not turn out well. My hairdresser was kind and didn't comment either. God bless her.
    Sorry you're having car troubles. Thank heavens our local Nissan dealer does not leave us waiting but we haven't had any devastating issues with either Frontiers. Maybe pickup trucks are better constructed or we've just been lucky.
    The Scampi does look wonderful. My husband is retired BellSouth/AT&T. He's seen many a restaurant kitchen. You might be really disappointed if you ever get to visit one and never eat out again. Just sayin' ...
    Have a happy weekend! 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm ... that's disappointing! Thanks for the caution.

      Delete
  4. No excuses for Toyota, that's for sure! I think your hair looks great, too, Myra. Now, no more sharp objects in the bathroom sounds about right - lol!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with that photo. Your hair is perfect.

    So annoying when car dealerships misbehave and give their company and the car brand a bad name. I'm lucky in that when the car needs servicing, the garage picks it up from home and returns it when done. I pay by phone.

    Same for restaurant servicing. Do they not realise that good service means repeat purchases and visits and recommendations too?

    Also, good Blogs; they mean repeat visits and comments.

    God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but it (my hair) is much shorter now -- after my impromptu cut, she had to make everything even again.
      Love your garage's customer service!

      Delete
  6. Sorry about what you did to your hair. So glad Maryann could help you. That's interesting about you talking to her and that her husband works at Longhorn. I am so sorry to hear that about your car. What kind of service is that? We are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son (Scott) worked in just about every restaurant kitchen in the world, or so it seemed at times, and from the stories he's told us, you really DON"T want to know what is going on in the restaurant kitchens. That's why he quit working in so many different places, because of what was going on in the kitchens, or NOT going on as it should be. Trust me, it's better to just enjoy your meal and not ask too many questions. LOL. Sorry about your car...that is very frustrating. I do hope you get some reasonable answers soon, however, it seems like it's way beyond anything reasonable by now. You are extremely patient! Your picture of your hairdo is beautiful! It sure looks better than the job the professional stylist I paid too much money to did to mine. I'm still trying to let it grow and then start over again. I may come let you cut my hair with your cuticle scissors. I believe it would be better than what I got. LOL. I hope you get your car back soon, or they should give you a new one free. That's what I think! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm blown away by everyone's take on commercial kitchens! I'd be a lot LESS patient if they didn't provide me a loaner -- but this whole thing has me waking up and fretting in the wee hours.

      Delete
  8. I don't even follow a Keto diet, but that chicken and broccoli look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm going to try and replicate it here in my test kitchen.

      Delete
  9. I love your Friday letters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your car troubles. One of my coworkers has been dealing with a similar situation. Sucks. I like Longhorn and Olive Garden. How nice that OG made that special dish for you!! It looks delicious! I can't count the times I've taken scissors to my hair!! I've decided to go every four weeks to see Laura, rather than waiting five or six weeks. We'll see how it goes! Happy weekend, dear friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your coworker's in a similar 'spot.' Makes me want to find a nice '57 Chevy, lol.

      Delete
  11. Unfort...car dealerships are not what they used to be, sigh...and as for Olive Garden or anyplace really, not sure if they are homemade or not. As for the hair, sure been there and done that and I am up for my 4-week appt. tomorrow. grin. Have a great day, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. (*sad face*) Whether it be car dealerships or service companies, sincere customer service is going the way of the dinosaur.

      Delete
  12. You cut your hair with small manicuring scissors - I am surprised you got that much off! LOL
    I think your hair in that picture is gorgeous.
    I would never have thought of asking a restaurant to change a menu - that looked GREAT!
    And are you saying you are still without your car being fixed? I hope you are getting the rental car free - maybe I misunderstood. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I probably only cut 1/2", but not in any form of symmetry. Yep on the car; now they're saying next Friday. Thank goodness I'm not having to pay for the loaner car.

      Delete
  13. I don't know if I've ever been to Long Horn, but my daughter's family loves it too. My grandson really likes their rolls. I never cut my own hair, but sometimes I'm tempted to. I make a terrible mess out of it when I have done it the past. I can't believe you still don't have your car. I never had that kind of problem. It's never taken more than two days. Hope you get some action soon. Love ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to experience LongHorn soon and tell us about it. I agree with your grandson!

      Delete
  14. Oh man... that's terrible customer service for your car...I think my hubby would have been ready to explode too, but at least you have a great loaner.
    Ummm the dinner looks fantastic. We haven't been to Olive Garden in such a long time. Covid did a "number" on the cooks and servers, haven't really wanted to go back. Maybe its time to try it again.
    Myra, your hair looks terrific. I finally had a perm and hair cut last week ... after 2 1/2 years of doing the cuts myself. Finally was time. I just couldn't rescue it any longer. I am One Happy Camper now.. Yay!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow, props to you for successfully cutting your own hair so long. (I'd probably wind up looking like a Marine recruit.) Glad you treated yourself!

      Delete
  15. I saw a book on kindle September first reads that you might be interested in. ‘Hill of Secrets: a novel’. It’s free on kindle this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!