Thanks for asking, Joyce!
| Mayday! When was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help. Elaborate. |
Several years ago I had to call 9-1-1.
Tom was in excruciating pain and couldn't even walk a few steps. It was discovered he had a spinal abscess (osteomyelitis) which required emergency surgery.
May Day! When was the last time you danced? Do you have a lot of baskets? What's something you keep in a basket? What's your favorite purple flower?
Aside from a solo waltz across the living room to a certain T G Sheppard song, it's been many years. I'd rather watch and appreciate others from my seat.
Baskets? Tho' I appreciate the quality, no; I never got into the Longaberger craze. There's one atop the refrigerator holding instruction stuff; another in the bedroom for magazines.
There are some beauties growing in Central Alabama, but I'd have to say the wee wildflowers are my favorite.
What's something you may do this month?
Before it gets too hot, I'd love to load up the pups and take a weekend trip to Dauphin Island.
Do you like eggplant? Quick topic changes, lol? If you said 'yes' in answer to the eggplant question, how do you like yours prepared? Of the following purple foods, which one is your favorite -- plums, purple carrots, purple asparagus, eggplant, acai berries, blackberries, purple cauliflowers, elderberries, purple potatoes or passion fruit?
I've never heard of some of these! Purple carrots, however, sound both visually appealing and tasty.
On the recommendation of others, I once ordered Eggplant Delacroix -- medallions of eggplant fried in breadcrumbs topped with sauteed shrimp, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions, drizzled with hollandaise and parmesan, served with pasta bordelaise.
One and done!
I loved it, but not so much I'd ever try to make it myself.
The calendar turns on Hodgepodge day --
"Then you have to remember to be thankful; but in May one simply can't help being thankful that they are alive, if for nothing else." - L.M. Montgomery
Tell us one thing you're thankful for today.
Once again, Mr. God had my name on his 'wake-up list.'
Insert your own random thought here.
Hugs, Myra




This is a test to see if I can publish a comment. I am on the new iPad. I have not read anything yet. Depends on if this post or not
ReplyDeleteI I am on the iPad and giving it one more try. This is Sandra since it says I’m anonymous! The Madsnapper Sandra ha ha I a few times solo like you do but for exercise but the last time I danced a place where there was music and dancers was in 1983. yesterday I almost had to call 911 and I needed to call Bob, but he couldn’t hear me. I had a really bad fall in the bedroom and he didn’t hear me too much to put here. I’m OK but it’s a mess. Don’t have a favorite purple flower, but I do love, eggplant, grapes, and eggplant! As for what I am thankful for is that I did not break anything. I’ve got lots of cuts and bruises, but did not break anything and that I was able to manage to get up by myself and as for what I do anytime now is fall and break something
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend, we're going to have to cloak you in bubble wrap! JK ... so thankful you're ok.
DeleteTest on Feedly,still anonymous sandra
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking how I hadn't actually genuinely laughed in a while. I mean, things have been amusing, but nothing has made me really laugh. Guess I need to soon.
ReplyDeleteMe, too. Until night before last, we watched a Gabriel Iglesias speak on Netflix. (I nearly wet my pants!)
Delete"Special", I mean.
DeleteI've never been to Dauphin Island but have seen it mentioned in Southern Living and it looks pretty. Hope you get there this month! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteSorry to hear Tom had that terrible trouble! I pray that will not happen again. Yipes.
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of eggplant. It tastes as bland as paper to me. Must be my tastebuds.
My dancing days must be over until I'm rejoicing at the feet of Jesus. "When we all get together, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus we'll sing and shout the victory!" AMEN!
Purple carrots?! Who knew!? *lol*
Have a glorious day y'all. Blessings.
"We'll all sing and shout the victory!" Amen!
DeleteI enjoyed your answers. Loved that last quote and photo. I'm thankful that I was on that wake up list this morning too. Have a great day!
ReplyDelete😀 Thanks!
DeleteMayday? Called ER last week when my temperature was 104. I think I survived.....*smile*
ReplyDeletePurple flowers? I like purple lilacs.
Dance? I've never danced in my entire life. Honest. It's not my style.
Eggplant? I like it, but I'd never crave it.
Thankful? I'm definitely thankful to see the beauty of May.
Enough said.
I totally understand, Survivor.
DeleteI love your comment about thankful!!! I always enjoy reading your answers!! That meme is great and I love to laugh big!!
ReplyDelete'Just one of the reasons I'm still a fan of FB -- they have the greatest memes!
DeleteI used to love to dance..I think the last time was 2 years ago at my granddaughters wedding. It was so much fun and full of good memories.
ReplyDelete911 kind of help was 3 years ago when Dave's leg was fractured but last Dec. comes to mind when our roof leaked and we had to call our son to come and patch it..
Nope, not fond of eggplant but will eat it if I have to. Love purple flowers, grapes, and just about anything in the purple shades.
Grateful and thankful to wake up this morning (even if it was earlier than I wanted) Grateful God's got my name written in His Book.
There is nothing like a good belly laugh to make the world seem okay.
Love your posts and just thinking about your comment on my blog..$300.00 for selling the mustang..oh my!!!
Sue
Thank you so much, Sue!
DeleteJust dropped by from the Hodgepodge. Dancing is fun. I have this cute photo of my 94 yr old FIL dancing with a gal while he is in his wheelchair. I should have posted that photo on my HP post. Oh well. Enjoyed your answers and especially the one about Mr. God.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds precious!
DeleteI did like the questions and your answers on today's hodgepodge, Myra. And I agree - laughter might not add years to our lives, but it sure makes those years so much better!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your prayers for Danny!
Still praying, dear friend.
DeleteLove your meme - and that you were on God's wake up list today - I was too.
ReplyDeleteGlad Tom was okay years ago after his (911 call. Poor guy has had a lot.
What or where is Dauphia Island?
It's a little spit of a place, just off the coast of Mobile. I was only there once in 1977 when it was largely undeveloped ... all that's changed.
DeleteI love that last meme! Yes!! Your MayDay call sounds so scary!! Glad you got Tom to the hospital and that he recovered well!! Joyce gave us lots of purple foods I've never heard of but there were none I wouldn't try!! Blessings, Myra!!
ReplyDeleteRight? I never thought about purple foods before. Hugs!
DeleteGetting out to that island sounds like fun. Hope it becomes reality for you. Those 911 incidents are always scary. Happy May to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy May, Ellen!
DeleteLove it. I enjoyed one year's Mayday at School. I was picked at the announcing trumpeter. Mama made my may suit. White blousy pants tight at the ankles. I paid no attention and wore my favorite red stripe boxer pants. You could see the red stripes!!! It was still fun. It was the 4th grade and I was too crazy to be embarrassed. LOL
ReplyDeleteWe have those miniature beautiful flowers in NC. Just before we left, I picked Sherry another bouquet of just the minis.
Love from Michigan.
That's so funny! I love how y'all love one another.
DeleteLast night I made a yummy Persian-inspired soup with eggplant, chickpeas, and tomato. There was even enough for tonight's dinner.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds tasty!
DeleteHappy May Day! I remember years ago making little baskets out of construction paper. Now I jsut say, "How did it get to be May already?!!"
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing with wildflowers, and ran around sticking them on our neighbors' doors. Good times!
DeleteLaughter is so good for the soul, I try to find something to laugh at everyday. Most of the time I laugh at myself. btw, I love eggplant, Mr D not so much, which means I seldom eat eggplant. Hope you have a great month of May.
ReplyDeleteTrue that! I once worked with a fellow who quipped: "My life's like a Shakespear play. I just don't know if it's a tragedy or a comedy."
DeleteAlways happy when God gives us another day to enjoy! Very thankful! Love little purple wildflowers too! And purple lilacs, although we don't have them here, and lavender, and grapes and plums. I don't care for eggplant. Never heard of purple carrots and all those other exotic things! LOL. Dance? Well, sometimes I dance around the living room just for exercise if some good music comes on youtube or whatever hubby is watching. But not in public in many years...maybe at our son Matthew's wedding in 1993. That's a LONG time ago. I was much younger then. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI remember dancing to the oldies ... and remember Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical." Now I'm afraid I could fall and break a hip.
DeleteVery interesting answers, Mevely. The egg plant recipe you mention sounds tasty. Over here we call them aubergines and we have some that are long like a cucumber rather than round. These can be hollowed and stuffed with rice and ground beef.
ReplyDeleteI'm no good at dancing because of my big feet. When I stand on tip-toe like a ballerina my head hits the roof and dislodges the tiles.
God bless always.
That sounds painful! Perhaps you can write about the other dancers sometime?
DeleteThat 911 call had to be scary for you. I do have a few of the Longaberger baskets. I hope you can make that trip. Like your answer on the fruits and veggies. That is a wonderful thing to be thankful for. I've heard anyone say Mr. God before. Love, love, love your random thought.
ReplyDeleteI got that from an old, well-loved book, "Mister God, This is Anna."
DeleteNothing like being a week late to commenting..haha. I figured I'd comment on a few before hitting this weeks. I enjoyed your answers. That eggplant dish sounds good.
ReplyDelete