Thursday, July 9, 2020

Throwback Thursday





G'evening friends,

Again, I'm late to the table (*sigh*) but wanted to join sweet Martha's near-inaugural feature .....  


And it's almost time for Friday Fotos!




I'd something entirely different in mind, but wanted to honor what would have been my parent's 82nd wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Gosh, they look so young and in love!

My grandparent's farm - Storden, Minnesota


On the eve of the ceremony, I can't help but wonder what was going through my mother's mind.  Was she nervous?
Was my father having second thoughts?  (Nah....)







A different venue, yes.
But I've no doubt, they're still honeymooning up in Heaven.
... and my uncles are nearby keeping the kanapras (i.e., adult beverages) flowing.  For the good  times!


Hope to see y'all in a couple days at Saturday 9.  (Spoiler alert: "Kookie, lend me your comb!")
Until then, stay safe!

Hugs, Myra





 

13 comments:

  1. These are great photos!! Sometimes I long for times like those must have been. I love the clothes, the music from that era... born too late, I guess. I am sure they are together in Heaven, celebrating their special day!! Thanks for sharing your folks with us, Myra!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love your Throwback Thursday post! Thank you so much for sharing all of these special photos and mementos. So beautiful. Cheers to them and hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these treasured memories of your parents. That was from an era when marriage had special meaning and was considered scared.
    How sadly times have changed.

    I especially like the last photo - it's priceless.

    (my parents eloped - which was probably best, since their union was a never-ending disaster....)

    P.S.
    Kookie?
    Why am I suddenly thinking of "77 Sunset Strip"??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet, Myra!! Loved their picture and their invitation, guest, bridal memories book. I bet they both were so excited to finally begin living a life together! That's probably what was on their mind the evening before their wedding!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late, but Sherry has already said, "Look, this is Myra's dad & mom." Then to each picture.
    Thanks, I enjoy a real love story. I smiled as you wrote, "Was dad having second thoughts, NAH!"
    Thanks for some history and insights. Their 82nd, that is 19 years on us.
    I agree with Jon on the last picture. YEP!
    Love to you from NC
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing these with you and reminiscing! Glad they were so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful memories of happier times in them days. I don't think people today know how to be happy.

    I wish you and yours the greatest happiness ever.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such marvelous photos, Myra! Thank you for sharing these sweet memories with us today.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought wow 82 years that's a long time and then I realize that I turned 76 in September and that same month will be Mom and Daddy 77th. Where did the time go I love seeing the old photos I like to look at what they have on and the hairstyles. My favorite memory is at memory book I love the drawing on the front of it and the hat in that picture is what my grandmother wore in her wedding which was in 1923

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful phots of times gone by. Wonderful you have for your memory box. Happy Anniversary to them in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lovely photos! The wedding photos make me so happy. I have a photo album at FB of most all my relatives weddings. I did several wedding posts at my blog too. I Love them. Hannah and Jake in their blue jeans and my mom in lace and silk with lillies in her bouquet. I love them all. Yours are so special too. Have a great weekend. HUGS xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Throwback Thursdays and Flashback Fridays... I'm a Nostalgic and Sentimental Soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!