Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday 6





Good evening friends!

I'm excited to join Martha (Seaside Simplicity) for the third weekly edition of Sunday 6.  It's just a baby, y'all!

Click here if you'd like to join us.   As Martha's generously pointed out, you can use her prompts -- or 6 of your own.  


* * *


What's new?
Since we visited last ...

Made it up to UAB and back Thursday relatively unscathed -- unless you want to count my nerves.  I needn't have worried because every kind of precaution you can imagine was in place, including two stop- and-be-checked points.  Best of all, Tom's doc was 'delighted' by the results of the EKG and echo and doesn't want to see him until January.

We attended another 'Tunes in the Park' and enjoyed visiting with folks from our church family.
Even tho' Coosada/Millbrook wasn't my first choice, I've come to love this little Southern town.




Exciting stuff!
Speaking of choices ...
Some of y'all may remember me being heartbroken when, in 2017 the place we'd chosen as our forever home fell through.  Set in Wetumpka's historic district it looked romantic … but would have required $25k - $30k to pass inspection.


Anyway!  A few days ago we learned Wetumpka's been chosen by HGTV for it's new series, "Home Town Makeover"!  Sahhhh-LUTE!
Since it's just a little ways down the road, you bet I'll be looking for any opportunities to watch them filming!




In my kitchen
Although they've no nutritional value, we've become hooked on these flavoring drops.  Tom loves how he can make his drink strong, while 3 squirts of the lemonade is perfect for me.  Plus, they slip so easily in my purse.




I need to stop!
Referring to people as 'elderly.'

'Was visiting with my son and telling him about this 'elderly couple' … and pretty sure I saw the corner of his mouth begin to twitch.
Good grief, I'm 70 and Tom's 78.  Better I own it and watch what labels I'm putting on others!




Oh my goodness!
I didn't give it much thought when on Friday my DIL called to see if they might stop by for a little bit.
   Then, what a surprise to see (grandgirl #1), her hubby and Molly Jane, here from North Carolina!
Since the 'C' word hit, Josh has been under travel restrictions; but Sarah quipped, "We escaped!"




A little levity
Admit it … you tried saying it, too!




… and that's six for 6!
Thanks so much for visiting … keep safe!

Hugs, Myra




 



34 comments:

  1. So glad you made it back unscathed and with good news besides. More tunes in the park, HGTV and company - all a big YAY! I did try to say 21th St lol :D Thanks so much for linking up this week. Enjoy your Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martha! I hope Sunday 6 will become a big hit!

      Delete
  2. LOL... yes, I did try saying it! This was fun and how fun that you got a surprise visit!! Please take pictures of the HGTV filming when you get a chance to catch them at it! How exciting! Maybe that house you wanted will be one of the chosen projects! Keep us posted! Great news on Tom's tests!! Yippee!! Have a great week, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this new (6-part) series is going to focus on rehabbing the town itself -- v. a house. I just hope and pray 'Hollywood' won't raze the old buildings' facades and make them all 'white and bright.'

      Delete
  3. This was a fun visit! I love the drink drops. I just ordered my favorite n-sugar lemonade "sticks." I used to get them at my local drugstore chain, but they stopped carrying them. :(. Luckily I was able to find them on-line, but I like the variety you posted. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of those sticks, but will be checking them out online. Love lemonade!

      Delete
  4. Twenty firth is what I said. How great you got to see family during these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twenty-firth is a great translation! Terra wins! :)

      Delete
  5. I did try and I believe I did quite well! LOL Wonderful surprise visit you had with the family! Yes, I get the elderly thing, not that I'm quite to the point of being elderly...just guilty of looking at celebs I liked back in the day and thinking "OMG, did they get OLD!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Several immediately come to mind who are actually younger than me!

      Delete
  6. Good stuff about the Dr. visit. And the elderly thing, LOL. Friend Al was telling his 6 year old granddaughter that he was going to get another car when he got old, to which she said, "YOU are old Grandpa!"
    I have noticed when you are older and see the some of those OLD people who can barely walk, you tend to use the 'elderly' term. LOL.
    Yep, that is a tongue twister alright.
    Sweet visit also. Life can be good. Y'all take care, methinks you guys settled in a good place. We enjoy reading about it.
    Love from central Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cute, what Al's g-daughter remarked! Funny, most times my brain thinks I'm 40-something … but my body feels more like 90. Yes, life is GOOD.

      Delete
  7. I'm delighted to hear that you're socializing with your church friends and enjoying family visits.
    I know that I'm in the minority, but I think it's high time to shed the pandemic hysteria and start living again.

    The photo of the bridge is gorgeous.

    I've never heard of flavoring drops. I wonder if they have one to make water taste like Southern Comfort.
    (seriously, what do you put the drops in?)

    Elderly?
    I remember when I thought 30 was old...then 40.....then 50......
    I'm not elderly - but some people my age probably are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Seriously' we just add them to our water. Tom likes all the fruity-fruity flavors, but I only use the lemonade and sweet tea. Ya, on that bridge; Wetumpka is an OLD river town full of charm.

      Delete
  8. I did try to say it!
    Yes, when you go to the doctor I think it is the safest place of all with all the rules to get in!
    Glad Tom is doing better.
    Glad you had company and went to church.
    It makes me so mad when my daughter gets mad at an elderly driver - hate that word. lol
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point about hospitals … thanks, Sandie! You know, I probably used to act the same way as your daughter. Perspective bites!

      Delete
  9. So glad you got to have the visit with your son and his family, including your granddaughter and her hubby! Yea on the great doctor visit for Tom!! The Tunes in the Park sound so great! Enjoyed the clip you put on Facebook! Hubby uses those flavor drops from WalMart. He likes several of them. I like to add lemon juice to my water.

    I look around when someone describes me as elderly to see who they are talking about LOL :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Tom's sis turned us onto those flavor drops when she'd fly. I've not seen it done, but wonder if you couldn't take it along to restaurants and just order water, and save a few $.

      Delete
  10. I am so please about the good news about Tom. Thank the Lord for prayers answered.

    Wishing you both good health and happiness.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank the Lord, indeed! Thank you so much, Victor... blessings!

      Delete
  11. That is really exciting about maybe being able to see them film it would be nice if it was the house you wanted if they were going to work on it. You know I love the family portrait and you know what I love the most of all and that portrait! That beautiful beautiful speckled dog. I'm so glad that you love kosuda. My phone will not let me spell it so just guess what I'm trying to say. You did really well with your six. So so so happy to hear the good report from the doctor visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so impressed by your speech-to-text recognition! I doubt HGTV will be rehabbing any homes; rather this is a new initiative, focusing on the town itself.

      Delete
  12. I catch myself in that "calling them elderly" trap, too, Myra. :) Yet, here I am in that "at risk" age group. >sigh< So very happy for Tom and his great news concerning his health! I know that has you both over the moon. And it will be exciting to have HGTV coming to film near you. When that happens, I hope you'll share some photos.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will, Martha Jane. One of my doctors and our favorite restaurant is there; Tom never has to twist my arm to go there. :)

      Delete
  13. HA! I know where Wetumpka is. smiles

    As for escaping, sigh, I wish...oh, we can escape, but upon returning one has to quarantine for 14 days and be tested (the state border is being watched, yep). They are enforcing it, Myra. sigh

    Have a great week ahead! smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. Jack at Ship's Log recently travelled to Florida - they spotted a sign warning of COVID-19 checkpoint ahead … but no-one was there!

      Delete
  14. My daughter uses the flavor drops all the time. loves them like you all do. having a surprise visit from family is special, indeed. how exciting that HGTV is coming to town. be sure to take pics of them filming. my hubby always talks about how old certain people are until he realizes he went to school with them. stay safe. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny about your hubs! I can so relate!

      Delete
  15. I've never tried the drink drops but they sound wonderful since all I drink id bottled water these days. I'll have to put them on my shopping list. Glad you had good news for Tom and don't have to go back for awhile. Nice you got some family for company. It really means a lot these days when we see little of no one since se stay home so much. The music in the park sounds like a great way to spend an evening too. I'm just staying in the a/c here. Too hot to go out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope you enjoy the drink drops, Pam! Since it's just Tom and I here -- and we don't like the same flavors, it doesn't pay to make a big jug of something that might go to waste.

      Delete
  16. I'll be 70 my birthday and I catch myself saying old folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read about the HGTV show. I use to watch it occasionally. I hope you get to visit soon. I know the younger folks get so bent out of shape when we say things they dislike! I still tell my kids, suck it up buttercup. I am ok with whatever they call me old, elderly whatever. I was raised to be respectful but that ship has sailed away in today's world. So back to the laundry room I go. Have a great evening. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Elderly admission cracked me up because I do that all the time... especially with people who act like Old Biddies and Old Bastards... then I find out they're Younger than The Man and I. I just cannot relate, the Adult Kiddos and Adult Grandkids says it's coz I don't seem Old and have never Grown Up, they could be Right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!