Welcome back to the Hodgepodge ...
It's good to see all y'all!
This week, Joyce asks ...
Last time you moved house? Something you've learned in moving house?
3 years ago we moved from Goodyear (Phoenix), Arizona here to central Alabama. Whoopee!
I'm standing on Pastor Janet's lot in Millbrook, so it depends on the day where I claim to live. LOL.
Lots of lessons learned -- but the biggest mistake was paying good money to have lots of useless 'stuff' moved ... which soon after wound up at Goodwill.
Move mountains, move along, make a wrong move, moved to tears, get a move on, move up, move over, move out of the way, move the deck chairs on the Titanic, move it! Pick one and tell us how it fits your recent circumstances.
Having survived (*smile*) the treadmill stress test yesterday, I'm going with 'get a move on.' The tech actually reminded me a couple times to slow down!
What have you been doing to make yourself move (aka, stay fit) during these strange time?
Not much. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon until this heat and humidity takes a hike. (Just keeping it real.)
This week's calendar includes celebrations for the following foods:
National Coffee Milkshake Day (Sunday), National Creme Brulee Day (Monday), National Milk Chocolate Day (Tuesday), National Chicken Wing Day (Wednesday), National Lasagna Day (Wednesday), National Cheesecake Day (Thursday) and National Avocado Day (Friday).
Which one on the list would you be most inclined to celebrate? Which would you be most inclined to skip?
I'd go with the Avocado (and Cheesecake for dessert).
Although it smells heavenly, Lasagna's never interested me.
Next week's Hodgepodge lands in August! I know! Raise your hand if you feel like July flew by in the blink of an eye? Now, bid farewell to your July acrostic style.
Ugh, Joyce ... this is hard!
All, I can offer is --
Reject! or
Rejoice!
In your memories of
Vacations and vino ...
Even a bit of
Dance.
Eternal
Remembrances of
Careless, comedic
Indulgences
Insert your own random thought here.
Thank you so much for everyone's prayers and reassurances re. yesterday's nuclear stress test!!! Compared to what I experienced years ago - where the techs publicly chided me - this wasn't an awful experience. In fact, the lady administering the test told me just to let her know if I needed her to slow it down or stop altogether.
Unfortunately, I have to go back tomorrow morning for additional pictures but I'm no longer stressed to the max.
and,
This isn't my photo, but I was really impressed by what someone recently shared on Facebook:
"The workers building the Taco Bell in Millbrook are awesome, to say the least. I saw this yesterday while at the Urgent Care in Millbrook while being retested for Covid. I’m 2 weeks into having it and retested positive yesterday. My mama heart is missing my babies and this is just what I needed to see sitting in my car after finding out the news."
Not gonna say, "Only in Alabama" -- but I've a hard time believing this sort of thing would happen in Phoenix or Chicago.
T-that's all, friends!
Thanks for standing in my corner!
Hugs,





I'm so pleased and praying that you are well.
ReplyDeleteThey put me on the treadmill test for an hour going faster and faster. When ... totally exhausted ... I asked why. They said the electricity generator had broken down and they wanted me to make some more electricity for the whole hospital.
God bless, Mevely.
Oh my word, Victor ... I didn't realize you were so very athletic! I'm sure the hospital is deeply grateful.
DeleteIndeed, only in Alabama, my friend. You would never find that here in Cuomoland. Sad to say.
ReplyDeleteI had a stress test done some years ago and I was told I needed a Life Coach. Whatever, at the time I was recovering from Breast Cancer, my husband had had a series of strokes and I was homeschooling AND we were running our landscape company in Alabama. So, you tell me about stress. No lie.
ANYWAYS, I enjoyed your answers, Myra. Have a great day friend.
Linda, I had no idea! Methinks they SHOULD have offered you a bottle Jim Beam and a straw - LOL. Love that you're still able to laugh about it.
DeleteThe South is known for inspirational signs like the ones you shared here, Myra, and that's a good thing. So glad to hear your test went well, too! I'll keep you in my prayers, friend.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much, Martha. Yep, I'm pretty sure we settled in the RIGHT part of the country. Only wish we'd done so earlier!
DeleteDid you have to wear a mask while you did the stress test? That would a stress me out trying to walk with anything on my face. So glad everything went well and sorry you have to go back today. Isaiah 41:10 as my favorite first and when I've had memorized all my life. What a great thing to do painting it on the side I mean. I don't know what an acrostic is and another blog I just came from had a link but I read the explanation and I still don't know so I won't give it a try and I can't say if yours is good because I have no idea what an acrostic is
ReplyDeleteYes I did. She said if I needed, I could pull it down - but this one (like I'm wearing in the photo below) is thin and easy to breathe through.
DeleteIt would happen here in Phoenix, Myra. I've seen several people who have put up signs on their fences with scripture and words of encouragement. But I do like the scripture quoted in front of the Taco Bell.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you "survived" the stress test. Hoping the image taking won't be bad!
I agree about paying to move worthless things. That's why I have learned to downsize in each move. My very first move I moved empty boxes (the kind used at Christmas for gifts). What was I thinking?
betty
But boxes can be pricy! (*smile*) Glad to hear about Phoenix residents' support! I'm guilty of painting with too wide a brush again.
DeleteFirst of all, glad to hear you made it thru the stress test. I smiled about 'slowing down' good stuff. Loved the note about the building crew and comment. I would have to say Lasagna since my Sherry makes the best.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and I like the mask!! SWEET!
Thank you so much! Maybe in my subconscious I thought by going faster it would be over sooner. LOL!
DeleteAvocado's are a favorite of mine.
ReplyDeleteI agree about moving - we have too much stuff - we need to learn to live and travel lighter! lol
YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE STRESS TEST - I knew you would.
One day at a time.
Well, moving to a smaller house with tiny closets kind of necessitated the downsizing. I do love my 'stuff.'
DeleteI'm so glad your test went well, I've been thinking about you and sending prayers. Love your farewell to July. That was fun wasn't it? Have a great day Myra :)
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am, it was! :) Thank you for your prayers. The only annoying thing was having to sit 45 minutes in the crowded waiting room while the contrast dye did its thing. Guess the doctors thought the 'thermometer police' outside made social distancing unnessary.
DeleteHope today's rests go well and you are ok. What a worry and what a work out. We've got to keep moving is al I know but in this heat it's not easy. The best work out I get these days is running the vacuum sweeper. Ha! So strange July went by as fast as it did and we're going in to August. We've hardly had a chance to enjoy summertime yet. Soon it will be fall. Take care and God Bless!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm feeling pretty good and look forward to meeting with the cardiologist next Friday for results. BTW, some of these vacuums aren't easy to push around, so ya, I'd count that as exercise! (*grin*)
DeleteMevely, I have responded to the question you asked on my Blog. Sorry it is a bit long.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank! Going there now!
DeleteFirst of all, I'm so glad that you got through the stress test successfully - - that's one unpleasant hurdle which is over.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me on the subject of moving. After the last debacle I went through, I'll NEVER trust another mover again. I paid nearly $10,000 (!!!!!) for moving and storage and they "lost" an enormous amount of my possessions.
I will definitely celebrate Avocado Day and Cheesecake Day with you.
And lately I've been indulging in ice cream nearly every day.
I vividly remember your heartbreaking story of the movers -- and would most likely be homicidal. What might be pieces of paper to one person is priceless to another. I get it.
DeleteI am so glad that is over for you and that it well well!! Joyce gave us another fun and interesting Hodgepodge!! All the moving advice so far has been get rid of stuff! LOL Don't I know it! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteAmazing the things we hang onto, isn't it? Not naming names, but someone who also lives here is the worst. :)
DeleteLoved your poem
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI'm glad your test went well. I live in South Carolina and often see signs like this one. Hubs and I were in the middle of nowhere yesterday and someone had plunked down a sign that said Jesus loves you. It made my heart so happy. I was feeling a little blue, and just like that a small handmade sign lifted my spirits. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLove that random bit of light! Suppose that's what they call a "God wink"?
DeleteThat's an excellent point when moving across the country. Just buy new unless it's a family treasure. Way to go with your test! I like lasagna but I definitely love cheesecake.
ReplyDeleteIn hindsight, I wish we'd done just that. Everything came together so quickly, I look back and say, "Did we just do that?"
DeleteWonderful words of encouragement from the Taco Bell workers! Love it. Amen on lessons learned from moving across the country. Live and learn. So sorry about your tests. Hope you test negative soon!!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear you aced your stress test. anticipating having it is often more stressful than the test itself. know what you mean about useless things moved being given to goodwill. i moved here 34 years ago. still have boxes in the attic that have never been unpacked. have no idea what's in them. but it really doesnt matter, does it?
ReplyDeleteWow!!! You were going too fast, in the treadmill test!!!! Gracious. YOu are so lucky to be in such great shape!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMoving "stuff." Oh sigh. But I'm glad you learned. Get rid of the "stuff," as soon as possible. ~smile~
Previously, techs chided you?????? For not going fast enough???? Did you report them???? You should have! ~sigh~
I have had a lot of heart tests. And never have I been chided!!!!!!!! That was awful!
"Beside a babbling brook" blog
'Miss BB'🐝🐝