Good morning!
I had a wonderful surprise call from Troy and Lois last evening. He began by admitting a craving for steak and invited us to join them at Epicure tonight. They'll even come by and pick us up ... how cool is that?!
While I should start cleaning the bathroom, I'm more inclined to stroll about the nicest neighborhood on the planet.
Outside my window? Let's just say the Muggy Meter's getting to me. Even Macie and Grace have to think long and hard about going outside.
Tom finally saw the retinal specialist on Monday. Nice man! One thing led to another, and we elected to go forward next month with the (out-patient) surgical procedure he recommended.
Two successive Monday's I've had to miss Bible study -- but Cindy's prompts never fail to make me think. Still on the subject of Jennifer Rothschild's 'Thought Closet', here's a couple of examples:
"Bring something that is in your closet that doesn't belong there."
or,
"Bring something (from your closet) that identifies you."
Coming up?
"Don't forget to bring in something from your closet that really needs disposed of; thrown away."
(I should be embarrassed to admit -- I've several candidates.)
It's easy to forget, Rothschild's really referring to our Thought closet.
While I'm no longer patronizing every Estate Sale that comes along -- there's really nothing I need -- we did visit a nearby mid-level sale on Tuesday. It being the second day, everything was 50% off. In my case, the facilitator was obviously D-O-N-E. For $3 I came home with a large Threshold bathmat, new-in-box holiday-themed cheese spreaders and several olden hangers.
Hangers, you say?
Well, speaking of closets!
Not unlike Christina Crawford's 'Mommie Dearest', I've come to detest wire hangers. Except, the plastic variety often cause my clothes to go slip-sliding away. Not a week before, I'd made a note to check estate sales for more substantial hangers-up. Like these:
My grandmother embroidered this.
.... or these
...origins unknown, but I'm imagining elderly ladies sitting with their yarn and needles. Sweet!
Speaking of sweet ...
look what Sandra (aka Mad Snapper) made for me!
I never imagined I'd see my name up in lights.
... or my face in the comic strips, but why not?
I'm reminded of something Jenna Bush Hager said her grandfather told her in his final days:
"Don't forget to enjoy the game."
Salut!
We're having Rib Eye's tonight too but at home. Steve pan fries them with lots of butter and yummy spices. They are soooo good.
ReplyDeleteThe Muggy Meter is peggin' here too. It's supposed to rain ... we'll see. Prayers that it does 'cause this drought is awful.
I haven't tried it yet but I've seen were some people use cut pool noodles for their hangers. Very clever.
Sandra is a sweetie. I like the little doodle's she's made for me too.
Y'all have a good time tonight! God bless. 💙
One of these days we've got to try that pan-fry method. Butter and garlic makes everything better!
DeleteIndeed, don't forget to enjoy the game, (life), and also the steak tonight.
ReplyDeleteLife is to be enjoyed whether our coat-hangers work or don't. I normally place a drop of glue on the hanger to help my wife hang her clothes. She does not think it's funny.
God bless, Mevely. Praying for Tom's surgical procedure.
See what you get for trying to be helpful? Ha!
Deletewow, I had no idea how many ways there are to keep clothes on a hanger. most of my hangers come with the clothes in WM plastic with shapes cutout and wire at the top .. now I take the hangers with the clothing since I check myself out. I don't use wire hangers at all. I would love to go with you to an estate sale. have never been to one, wanted to but would not go by myself.
ReplyDeleteI am now grinning as I think what people would think if I died and my house had an estate sale. wonder if anyone would want the WM hangers
I doubt there is one thing in the house anyone would take as a gift except the tech devices.
Sometimes I wonder what people would think (of our house) if my kids had an estate sale. Good thing I won't be caring!
DeleteA very interesting post. Praying for Tom's procedure to go well. Sorry it's so hot outside. That hangers are very interesting. Interestings prompts from Cindy. I love what Sandra sent to you. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteGood new about Tom and an upcoming visit from Troy and Lois! And what great advice from G.H.W. Bush, too. May we simply enjoy the game while we're here to do so.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Myra!
He was sure a wise man. Barbara, too.
DeleteSteak sounds really good, but I made the Diner Meatloaf from the recipe in my new-to-me book (thank you for drawing my name!). It is quite good and I have enough for tomorrow, and put two helpings in the freezer. Life does sometimes feel like a game. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI had meatloaf recently at a well-known roadside eatery (rhymes with Hacker) -- but won't be making that mistake again.
DeleteDid you say steak? Yum! Haven't had a good one in a while. They've just been too doggone expensive to buy, and then when we do splurge oftentimes they are too hard to chew, so we've just given up. But if someone invited us out to a good steakhouse for supper, we'd go! Those hangers are great. I am trying to rehang some of my things that keep slip sliding away. I need some your nice hand knitted ones. I used to have a few, but they must've gotten lost in the shuffle somewhere. Hope Tom's eye surgery/issue is resolved favorably. Is this for his retina? Praying. My hubby is also having some eye issues and may be needing some surgery in the near future, but we are still waiting on a referral and the next step. And yes, we need to remember to enjoy the game. Life is too short to do otherwise. Amen. Good night dear friend. Love your new name thingy from MadSnapper and your Avatar. So cute.
ReplyDeleteYes, he's been diagnosed with something called Epi-retinal, but doc says he does this sort of things 100 times a year. Who knew? Prayers for John;s eye issues!
DeleteI have the same idea as you about hangers, I like padded hangers. You have some nice ones. I hope Tom's eye surgery is a success. Meanwhile let's all enjoy the game.
ReplyDeleteYes, let's! 😀
DeleteGood luck with the eye surgery, and yes, enjoy the game while we still can!
ReplyDelete---Cheerful Monk
Amen! 😀
DeleteKeeping Tom in prayer...and the hangers, I have those wooden ones as most of my blouses have those loopy things to hang the blouse from. I also have some silk hangers too. ANYWAYS, wishing you a beautiful Sunday my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteIt's definitely our job to enjoy every day taking the best and savoring it! Glad a procedure is in place for Tom and as always I'll pray everything goes well. I use plastic hangers and they do tend to slip and slide. But I try to persevere. My daughter chose them so its what is here for me to use. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday and enjoy that steak!
ReplyDeleteLove, ma
ReplyDelete😉
DeleteI haven't seen crocheted or padded hangers in a long time!!
ReplyDeleteIt's yesterday once more!
DeleteThose crocheted wire hangers bring back memories. My Mom and I did those many an evening in my younger years. In fact, I still have a few in my closet now. they do help keep the slippery clothes where they belong.
ReplyDeleteLove your swirly from Sandra..Your name in lights...perfection.
Praying for your hubby's surgery and we have got to enjoy the Game of Life..Keep on keeping on!
Sue
Thank you so much! 🤗
DeleteI liked this today - I have been on a trip, so I might be behind a bit.
ReplyDeleteThose hangars are unique - but I think I like the plastic thin ones - makes more room in the closet.
Nice of Sandra to make your name in lights.
What is Tom having done?
And steaks - yum.
Also what is the name of Rothchild's book you are studying? I am going to suggest it to my group.
Thanks, Sandie! The book (Bible study) is called, "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild.
Delete