In spite of the previous days' summer-like weather, come Saturday morning the heavens opened and unleashed a bitterly cold rain the likes I've not seen in years. Wonderful. Not.
Hardly a great day to load bedding, a rocker and ottoman in the truck, but I'd offered it to the kids ... and a promise is a promise. By the time we got everything and every-body loaded I was soaked through. The nice man at Pizza Hut did manage to refrain from laughing at my appearance and assured me, "Going to Jordan? Well, this is a perfect day to catch fish." (Ya, if I fished.)
Thankfully, once we arrived Lois immediately offered to throw my wet clothes in the dryer. Simple pleasures!
I was anxious to hear all about the move, but certainly didn't expect to hear how ...
A handful of neighbors met them at the driveway like a welcoming committee. In the way of explanation, "We saw the moving truck."
Two ladies brought over lunch, then another neighbor invited them for steaks that evening. 'Shared the down-low on the previous residents (*grin*) and admitted, they'd been a little nervous about who was moving in. I've never had anything like that happen, have you?
Troy was eager to give us the grand tour. Only 7 days in the house, of course there was an array of unopened boxes. (Not until all the painting is finished will they hang anything on the walls.)
Unfortunately, Macie and Grace were less than gracious guests when interacting with Ruby (the dog) and Chuck (the blind cat). Even so, it felt like being at an upscale resort. After years of hard work and challenges, I'm ridiculously happy for them.
A couple of you have asked for pictures:
We did watch a good movie -- 'On a Wing and a Prayer' with Dennis Quaid. (It may not be Oscar-worthy, but I'd recommend it in a heartbeat!)










Beautiful home. I love that cat barrier on the balcony. I'd love to do that.
ReplyDeleteLove this whole beautiful scene with your beloved family in their lovely new home. Really special, and so glad you were able to spend this time with them for Easter. Wonderful!!! I had to chuckle at the "bathtub with a view"...which view are we speaking of...the one from the bathtub to the yard/driveway, or the view from the yard/driveway up into the bathtub? LOL. That just tickled me. I think I would have to close the blinds on that view! LOL. Might be a little risque', or risky, depending on which way you look at it. LOL. I'm sure they will figure it out. Anyway, I'm so happy for them...sounds like a great neighborhood and lots of fun neighbors!! You don't hear of all that warm southern hospitality much anymore. Very refreshing! I enjoyed your post so much. So glad you got to "get away".
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful (and unusual) new home!! Thanks for sharing the photos and I think you were just where you were supposed to be for Easter this year! Nice to spend time with the kiddos in their new digs!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for you all. ❤️
ReplyDelete---Cheerful Monk
So how far are they from you? I know you are glad to go see them and spend Easter there. The home is gorgeous and I like the kind of fencing they have there too - good idea. Glad you had a nice time.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. What a wonderful house. Wishing them well in their beautiful new home.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to hear the neighbours met them and provided food as a welcome. Over here, after many years, we still don't know the neighbours' names.
Thanx for the photos. It really is a great home. You were at the right place to share this joy with them over Easter.
God bless you all.
you closing comment has me humming the theme from Cheers. Love the porches and the kitchen is my favorite with the island Lighting my single favorite. that is a lot of house to paint, so it might be a while before things are hung on the walls. the only thing I would change is the view window, I do not want a view from my bathroom. I see a shade i think. it is a huge tub more like a mini swimming pool. i love the views from every window...
ReplyDeleteno, have never had a greeting when moving anywhere, also have never given a greeting to people moving in other than hi, I am Sandra type thing.
They do have a beautiful house and I love that library sitting room. Glad you had time to spend with your favorite people. What could be any better! How nice they have such great neighbors. They make a big difference. It is finally warming up here in Ohio at least for this week, we're to be sunny and dry with temps in the 70's. I hope you have a great week ahead! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteTruly, a dream home for the whole family, Myra. I'm so happy you got to spend Easter with the gang.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Your son has a gorgeous new home. I especially like the library and the window seat. And, of course, the tub with a view. Glad you had a pleasant Easter.
ReplyDeleteI often purchase Great Value products from WalMart. Many of them are surprisingly good.
thecontemplativecat here. what a palace your home is! Beautiful. Having family coming over is a blessing.
ReplyDeleteThe house looks lovely. So sorry about the rain and getting soaked. Wow, what a nice group of neighbors they have. I wish them all the best.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the house!! Your son is indeed fortunate! Beautiful...
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna