* some exclusions may apply in Alabama, where it's forecast to be 95 today.
Welcome to my sunroom!
Won't you join me?
First, I want to thank y'all for your sweet comments on my last post. Yes, it's a departure from my usual prattle ... I had misgivings about even publishing but decided to follow my heart.
For today ...
One would think this woman of 'generous years' wouldn't be so concerned with the state of her hair.
One would be wrong.
In the words of Jennifer Rothschild, "Sometimes real life brings real discouragement."
After seeing recent photos of myself - v. those taken only 6 years ago, I'm dismayed at my snow-white hair, my washed-out complexion. What would my beloved hair guru back in Arizona say? Probably the same thing he said years ago when we first met: "You're not doing yourself any favors."
Anyway! Since I'm no longer in a position to pay $$$ for custom color every 4 weeks, I remembered my mother *secretly* using a rinse to liven up her own naturally blond curls.
Amazon: "I can help you with that."
... and fingers crossed, so it goes!
🤎
Coincidental? Maybe not ...
This came up in my Facebook last evening:
Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simple, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly. Be Grateful."
Hugs, Myra




Thank you so much. Your last paragraph says it all. Thank you again.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, my friend.
God's blessings, my friend.
DeleteLove this. Attitude is everything!
ReplyDeleteYes! 🙃
DeleteLove, love, love this post...and is that sunroom? I LOVE IT!!! and want to come over and have coffee or tea with you. And your weather is the same here, LOL.
ReplyDeleteOur welcome mat's out! 💛
DeleteThe white looks fantastic. It is a good color on you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sandi!
DeleteAttitude is everything, Myra, so may we all practice a gratitude attitude each and every day (although, I do want to keep my hair - LOL!)
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed week, my friend, and hang on - Fall will be here soon.
Thank you so much!
Deletefirst let me say, I have a post I created 2 days ago with the words Fall Y'all in it and I did not copy this post. mine is a different subject though. we have been at 97 to 98 every day for weeks, it just will not stop
ReplyDeleteI love you hair and the back of mine is white but the front is not, I just said to Bob this week, I wish my hair was total white like Loretta and Myra, his answer was who's Myra. oh my
I love your hair and since we all get paler and paler as we age, God made our hair match. I see women with brown and black and red and think why did they do that? about 18 years ago for no reason, I put a red/brown rinse that said ONLY COVERS THE GRay ha ha ho ho it looked like a mink was sleeping on my head. I washed it 2 times a day and it would NOT rinse out. my first and only time. I had just retired so did not have to stay home from work.
bob's hair is white and beautiful and so is yours.. you look gorgeous in red. I have already typed I told you so, and have copied it so I can paste it on your blog in the near future.
"A mink was sleeping on my head" .... oh gurl, I snorted out loud! That's the way I felt when my hair lady (here) tried to replicate what I had done in Arizona -- and it came out looking the EXACT shade as Palmolive Orange. I tried everything, including Tide laundry detergent. What I've got here is a very subtle blond; hardly noticeable (I hope).
DeleteI got so caught up in the hair colors I forgot to say I love your sunroom and the table is perfect. just right, not too much not too little. do you eat there or is it just to look great and festive. I would decorate my table but there is no room, all the junk goes there
ReplyDeleteNo, to eating there ... but soon! Except for a few months out of the year, that room is either too hot or too cold.
DeleteLove those chairs in your sunroom. the whole room looks so cozy and inviting.Your white hair is so pretty. I anxiously await seeing what a rinse will do. It can only enhance your beauty.
ReplyDeleteSue
You're toooo kind, dear lady! The rinse I've chosen is called "Bashful Blonde" so I'm hoping it won't be too noticeable.
DeleteMy hair is still brown, but it's always "having an adventure". Andy and I don't look in mirrors, and I just wear a hat when I go out. Cheerful Monk
ReplyDelete"Having an adventure" ... I love that so much!
Deletethecontemplativecat here. My gr-daughters told me that I looked good at age 59. the next day, they said I was old, older than the house. I dyed my hair the next day, and haven't stopped.
ReplyDeleteLOLOL! Like Art Linkletter coined, "Kids say the darndest things."
DeleteKeep us posted on that rinse!! I love your story about attitude. So true. Have a lovely week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Holding you in my prayers today!
DeleteOh, my goodness Myra - I LOVE that poem on positive thinking. I am going to copy it.
ReplyDeleteI have wanted to do something with my hair too. I understand the expense - but I am so afraid of doing something. You will have to let us know. Good luck.
So far, so good. I'm just using a rinse I can wash out if I don't like it.
DeleteAttitude is always important and it's good to keep positive not negative for sure. I like your white hair and think it is very attractive. Mine is white too and I have always thought it made me look older, but it is too expensive! I am lazy anyway and don't do it myself. I figure we should just be glad to have hair.
ReplyDeleteI like that pistachio dish and pistachios too. Love, ma
Good point, Ma! Yes, professional hair care is too expensive ... and who am I trying to impress at my age? Ha!
DeleteGood luck with your hair. I'm getting a cut and color on Friday. That is cute from Facebook. I love your bowl for pistachios. YUM!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to take a break (from them), but my will power's weak!
DeleteI think your white hair is beautiful! But if you're not happy with it, then do what you want. Hope you love the rinse on it. My oldest daughter, just 32 has been turning grey since she was about 18-19 years old. She colored it for a long time, but she decided to just enjoy it as it is and she seems very happy with it. It really is very pretty. I spray Sun-In in my hair every so often and it lightens it, which actually helps cover most of the white. I actually have no idea how much grey or white I have. I know there's a big patch in my bangs. It's been a month or 2 since I've done that, and I'm considering just letting it go back to natural and see what it's like. It's been years since I've seen it. lol Have a blessed week Myra!
ReplyDeleteI never heard of Sun-In, but now? I'm curious.
DeleteI think your hair color is gorgeous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! 🤗
DeleteI'm always last because the blogs constantly show up late on my reading list. I think your hair looks great - - no need to conceal the natural color.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to autumn!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
DeleteI'm at the point that I wish mine was all grown out from color. I wrote a post on my hair just last week. as we age, hair can be so challenging. Your's is very pretty! I love the story...Attitude is Everything. Happy Fall...
ReplyDeleteAttitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. ,,,,,,,,,,, YES Good to read and be able to comment. Signal is iffy, but enjoyed the visit. Love you lady and I do appreciate you taking time to comment over here.... Hug the dude...
ReplyDelete