Saturday, September 7, 2024

Dreamin'





Last week, I spied a thick, tired pocket notebook at the back of my desk drawer.   Thumbing through the myriad of hand-outs and notes from the Personal Life History writing program, it was 1993 once more.  Poems, prayers, promises.

An occasional prompt:


As a matter of fact, this was my 2nd-ever blog post.

On August 10, 2008 I wrote:

"I love 'em ... really LONG lists!"

For instance,

100 Things That bring me joy
100 Things that turn me off
100 Things I miss
100 Things I'm glad I've done
100 Things I'll never do again


Nope, I never made any even close to 100.

📃


Who else remembers Pinterest?
.... Having to apply for membership and waiting to be accepted?  (FOMO much?)

Of course, I did a deep dive.  Gosh, it's been a long time!

Followers I've never heard of .....
Several boards, pins  -- what was I thinking? .....

Delete. Delete. Delete.


I remember our instructor's voice:
"Most people find it easier to identify their dislikes v. those they love."
Isn't that curious?

In that vein, I began a new Board:  "It Ain't Me, Babe."



Another, just because.   


...sobering to realize how little I actually want/need.
Just the same, if anyone has a direct line to the North Pole.....

Do you Pinterest?




Hugs, Myra






 


22 comments:

  1. I still put things on Pinterest. However I don't really go to it very often. I used to journal and I've thrown them all away. I do however want to make lists of things I need to do and push myself to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't push too hard! I like what blogger Cheerful Monk calls her 'Possibilities Lists.'

      Delete
  2. I used to Pinterest. Never understood it so I gave up. I wonder if I'm still a member? Or does the membership delete itself automatically if I don't use it? I was also on FB. I stopped that too because I used to get a lot of messages from a lot of people I did not know. I didn't understand FB either. There's a lot I don't understand ...

    Here's a list of the 100 things I do not understand ... ... ...

    God bless you, Mevely. Thanx for cheering me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a years' long hiatus from Pinterest, I'm humbled by all I've forgotten.

      Delete
  3. Going back into our "archives" is always an adventure. Sometimes I to think...what in the world was I thinking and why?
    I do like lists but they must be short because I do get bored with having to remember to write about them. I always start out so gung-ho but it just gets to be a blur after a while. That's why I blog and post my photos. That's my journal of my life.
    Never have done Pinterest it seems too much for me. I think I would drown in the information..haha..
    Well I'm glad you have stuck with blogging and that I finally made contact with you. This is one of my favorite places to Land!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog/journal is a perfect illustration! I'm so glad you and I found one another here.

      Delete
  4. I haven't browsed Pintrest for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I'm surprised it still seems to be going strong.

      Delete
  5. I used to Pinterest, but not any more. I’m sure my boards are still there. Probably should delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do Pinterest, I looked around when it first came out and thought, why? I don't cook, and I never could come up with a reason that I would do it. I do know some of my blog friends love it and are constantly saving things to look at. people who like to decorate for the season or sew, quilt, knit and crafts like it a lot... I am still giggling at Victors comment. My blog started as a place to post photos and some where along the way turned into a journal of THINGS I BUY. if I want to know when I bought something I just search by the name, and there it is...I think instead of 100 things I don't like it might just be easier to list the few things I do like. ha ha.
    you, and all my blog friends and your dogs and cats is at the top of things I like..hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be careful and not set myself up for failure. Cooking/baking, for example!

      Delete
  7. I once thought that I had to include myself in Pinterest. Even made a couple of boards. Naw..I soon realized it wasn't for me. Occasionally...I do go to Pinterest to look up something (recipe, DIY and such) but it is too busy for me. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great resource, but bit overwhelming, too.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I still have Pinterest. I have a private board where I store recipes I want to try. There are nearly 1500 recipes there now and I've, MAYBE, tried a half dozen. Might be time to go over there and take a look around again. Love ya, girl. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do that! Presently, I've mine stored in a word doc or e-mail folder ... no rhyme or reason.

      Delete
  9. Nope no Pinterest for me. I found it too cumbersome to maneuver, lol. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I guess I am different - I love Pinterest. I don't use it a lot - but I love to collect. I have a few boards and while I don't go back to look a whole lot - I feel they are mine - and hold my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, us! If I haven't already, I need to go over and follow you.

      Delete
  11. I go to Pinterest if I’m looking for ideas for something, but I haven’t made any boards. Hope your week goes well, Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to Pinterest, but it eventually became a chore more than a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!