Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday thoughts

 


Hi there!

For having enjoyed a do-nothing Holiday weekend, things certainly accelerated!


In what's become custom, Tom and I observed our anniversary Tuesday evening with a nice dinner at Long Horn.


Way past the age of jewelry or roses, we gifted ourselves a Nutri-Bullet.  And a big container of protein powder.

Tom hopes to regain some muscle tone/energy that's been missing now since his battle with spinal osteomyelitis.  He wasted no time filling the buggy with strawberries, raspberries, watermelon and gosh knows what else.

I'm more interested in experimenting with NON-fruit combos.  Has anyone a favorite smoothie recipe they'd like to share?  (P+TY)


* * *


Having narrowed our my preferred models, the next morning we returned to the VW car dealership (can you say "ugh!"?) -- pretending to believe the salesperson had our best interests at heart.

Long story short, I went with the Taos.
... and despite Tom's reservations, chose black.  


I've always wanted a black car!  In all probability, this will likely be the last one I drive ... might as well get what I want. Right?

Curious.  I remember in the past, being over-the-moon about the possibility of a new car.  Not so much now.  In fact, yesterday morning I woke early, my stomach churning like I was fixing to undergo experimental surgery.  Or become the First Senior Citizen in Space.

... but what's with Finance Managers?  I'd no qualms about qualifying; that had already been pre-approved.  Unlike our sales fellow, this guy was icy-cold -- probably made worse when we refused all the little add-on's he tried to wheedle.  (Suppose that job requires a degree in Disagreeable-ness?)


* * *

In other news ...

There's nothing much on our plate, thank goodness.  I've grocery shopping and errands to run ... all the while our grass is growing like someone sprinkled steroidal drops while we slept.  And weeds!

Praying for a cold front!



I missed National Read a Book day, but that's just what I'm going to do this afternoon.

Right, Scarlett?





I hope y'all enjoy a blessed day.
Stay safe!

Hugs, Myra








  






27 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new vehicle. It's pretty and I hope you enjoy every moment that you spend in that vehicle. Let us know how you like your Nutri- Bullet and maybe the recipe for some of what you are trying. Reading this afternoon sounds like a really good idea...may have to do that myself. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mix fresh bananas with milk to make my own smoothie. Or other fruits like strawberries etc ... Oh ... and a drop or two of whisky.

    I like black cars. Good choice, Mevely.

    So annoying when salesmen try to push products you don't want or need. Only yesterday someone rang the door bell and asked if I wanted to change all the windows. I mean ... who ever will make such a big decision to change the windows on the spur of the moment because someone rang the door bell?

    I was polite ... although my mind was less so.

    God bless always, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about bananas! It's one of the few fruits I do like -- prepared with a little cinnamon and Bols' banana liqueur ... the kind which broke in the back of my parent's rental car while in the islands. (But that's a story for another day. LOL!)

      Delete
    2. Sorry ... I forgot. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom. Best wishes for many more filled with happiness, good health and whatever you desire.

      God bless you both.

      Delete
  3. "Unlike our sales fellow, this guy was icy-cold -- probably made worse when we refused all the little add-on's he tried to wheedle."

    They probably tie his salary into how many add-on's he can sell. He works hard, but unless he can sell them he makes less. I don't think they should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!! I love Longhorn - great place to celebrate, Myra. A new car??? That's not even on my radar as my little Scion (Toyota) is still chugging along and has less that 100,000 miles. I think it has a pretty good life time left. Can't imagine having to pay a loan on anything right now with the horrible interest rates. I do hope you enjoy your new wheels to the max!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha! Unfortunately, getting another car was becoming a necessity. The Camry had almost 250k miles + I was afraid to drive it more than to the store and back. Thankfully, we were able to get a good low interest rate.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new wheels. I'm of the belief that if it's something you have to do (like driving) you should be able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new car!! Let us know how you like it once you break it in a bit!! I'm not a smoothie girl so hopefully someone else can give you info on that. The Mas Verde group are going to Long Horn tonight. I begged off with my still saucer-size pupil. Now I want a steak!! Happy weekend coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Long Horn a Good choice. Hope the new ride is the BEST. and I smiled at the line with the finance dude:......probably made worse when we refused all the little add-on's he tried to wheedle...... Yeah they can add some stuff!! IF ALLOWED!
    Love you lady and hugs all round
    Sherry &jack smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a happy anniversary, and congratulations on your new car. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly don't think I ever had a smoothie. When I was young I mixed lethal concoctions in the blender - bananas, wheat germ, raw eggs, cream - it's a wonder I survived.
    I like your new set of wheels - and black is fine with me. Happy (belated) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents used to make me something similar when I was feeling under the weather -- called a "Get Well Milkshake." (novel, huh? LOL)

      Delete
  10. Happy Belated Anniversary! Black is my favorite color for a car, but ours are white and silver because of extreme heat. If someone will buy me a car I WILL take black.. I only make frozen fruit with vanilla almond milk or vanilla soy milk and eat it like ice cream. I use frozen strawberrie, rasberries, black berries, blue berries, and mango. not all at one time, i keep those in freezer.
    back in the 90's, when I was selling RE, my brokers husband, was a used to be car salesman. he told me a lot of stories about the things they had to do to sell cars. he said to remember, when the salesman says let me go ask the manager, he alreday knows the answer. he would go back to the office and they would pretend to talk. the salesperson can approve anything, they just play games.. i depsise dealing with salesman on anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted a black car. Tom was hoping they had something in red (no idea why) but no. Only white, silver and black.
      That's sad about the sales' ruse.

      Delete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on your new car. I agree, anxiety these days seems to happen more often with things we enjoyed before. Hope you enjoyed reading your book. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too. No better way to spend a lazy afternoon than with a good book and a warm dog on your feet.
    Sue from the Portie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grinning...yep salespeople and attorneys (I will add one lol) are just up there in the bad category. I have a black Nissan Pathfinder and I am looking to trade it in for a beautiful modern color, LOL. I just don't like the payment ideas of $600-700 a month. No thanks lolo. Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!