Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Hodgepodge #520




    #520 already?  Wow.
    Thank you, Joyce!




If your life had a theme song for this past year, what would it be?


 

Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie?  Of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite?  Which one have you tasted most recently.  Or maybe, you don't like chocolate?

Excepting white chocolate/peppermint bark or Reese's, I'm not a big fan.
(
That's not to say I didn't snitch one of Tom's fun-size Butterfingers the other night.)

I'd much rather have anything butterscotch or butter pecan.



What has surprised you recently?

How much more I'm enjoying life, now that I'm no longer obsessing about my weight, denying myself.
When I suggested Tipico's the other day, Tom was shocked.


We had a good time and talked to each other instead of our screens.  Best of all, my bathroom scale has remained pretty much the same.




September 19 is National Voter Registration Day in the U.S.   Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now?  If not, why not?  Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently?

Yes, I'm registered ..... but must admit to feeling discouraged; like it doesn't make a difference.
(There, I said it out loud.)

Unlike our congregation's disaffiliation process, I didn't have to vote for a certain AGT candidate, but ya.  I let my fingers do the walking until he was eliminated.




Do you like to hike?  If so, when's the last time you went hiding and where'd ya go?  If you're not a hiker are you a walker?  Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine?

I've not hiked since the mid-90's at Bandelier National Monument (northern New Mexico).
Now that the weather's expected to cool, I've made a promise to myself to resume walking Village Green.  It's so pretty, and I can listen to my book all the while.




Insert your own random thought here.



Little things mean a lot!

..... perhaps like an air hug from someone who cares,

Myra



28 comments:

  1. Our church disaffiliated also. We were out of town so we were not allowed to vote, but we had decided we would remain no matter the outcome. I'm very unhappy such drastic measures were necessary.
    I wish I were not a fan of chocolate__particularly chocolate chip cookies!
    anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, the Church's 'situation' has left a bad taste in many mouths.

      Delete
  2. I liked your answers, Mevely. I'm not a great fan of chocolates either.

    I'm intrigued. If you are registered in one State, can you vote in any State or just where you live? Over here we divide the country into 650 constituencies (towns and cities) and we vote for 650 Members of Parliament (one in each constituency). But you can only vote in the constituency where you are registered and live.

    A challenging year so far ... but I'm doing well. So ... theme song(s) ...

    Why me Lord? - Cliff Richard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvLkMO5zls

    Here I am, Lord - Father Francis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsg83BXP8hQ

    God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not totally versed on election laws, but no. Aside from a Federal election (ie, Presidential), we can only vote in the state of our permanent residency.
      I nearly chose 'Why Me, Lord'!

      Delete
  3. That's such a beautiful song and so true! I've been listening to my scriptures for the day when I'm with the dog. And then when my scriptures are finished, I listen to some southern gospel music on Pandora. I haven't listened to a book in awhile. I may have to check another from the library to listen too. Thanks for reminding me of that. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of starting a Pandora subscription myself. So, you're really enjoying yours?

      Delete
  4. I love that song, Myra!!! It is a perfect choice. I have to say I do love chocolate, but I'm certainly not limited to that when it comes to sweets. I like butterscotch, too.
    The raccoon made me smile!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My theme song for this past year would be Epitaph by King Crimson. Enough said.
    Chocolate?? Give me anything made of chocolate and I'm transported to heaven...
    Voting? I never voted in my entire life, and I'm not about to start now.

    Walking or hiking? Heck, thanks to all my recent medical.problems, I NEED a walker....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't familiar with Epitaph, but just Googled the lyrics. Wow - so apt. Still praying, dear friend.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a huge butterscotch fan. I like it, but only in small amounts every now and then. Thank goodness for cute and funny memes on the internet to balance out all the crazy we're bombarded with! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never met any type of chocolate I didn't like. Good thing I walk regularly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well here we are at Point south in SC, Yes we walk and we will walk around the park and also a nearby lake. I only drove about 250 miles (if that) but after set up I just collapsed on the bed.
    I like chocolate, but PREFER butter pecan. The other day we had a Dutch treat date. I bought a $5 cone of Black Walmut Ice cream, she had a balogna sandwich and a small $4 cone of chocolate. the little lady piled about a pint of BC on my cone and a young man put about 10 table spoons on hers! TRUE dat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaat? Were you flirting when Sherry wasn't looking? (jk)

      Delete
  9. I love your theme song. The raccoon photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely song. It made me happy to see your answer about enjoying life!! YES!! I'm being a little easier on myself too. I'm watching what I eat but losing weight isn't my focus now. I'm happy with me. Love ya, Myra!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your choice of a theme song - that's a really good one! And I loved the raccoon too, so sweet. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that racoon hugging the stuffed toy melted my heart. we are due babies this week, i marked the calendar when the mom/dad coons were doing their THING and the time was up Monday.
    I think it is dangerous to listen to anything while walking or running. can't hear cars, dogs, critters, muggers. also getting outside should be cutting out the screen time, listening to nature and ourselves. of course i have Beau with me, and danger is a big deal. more for him than me. like coyotes and the neighbors pit bull. love butterscotch. it reminds me of a story i should tell on blog post. love the song by casting crowns. I heard a song on country music awards last night, by The War and Treaty, husband and wife team. wow do they have voices. my song would be T. Graham Brown -- Hell And High Water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point; maybe I'll just use the one air bud. Never heard of The War and Treaty, but I'm going to check YouTube!

      Delete
  13. oh my goodness - that raccoon hugging the stuffed raccoon sure made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing that song. I'm glad your are enjoying you life and not worrying about your diet as much. I agree, voting doesn't seem to make a difference these days. Very sad. Love your random. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love white chocolate, it's my preferred favorite. I agree that sometimes it feels like our votes don't matter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!