*Matter: (noun) An affair or situation under consideration; a topic
Good morning,
... and TY ❤️ for the sweet comments on my amateur videos. I read them to Tom and (might have) added, "See?"
ANYway, Happy Autumn!
It's still warm, but no icky humidity -- giving me the opportunity to lay our wash out on the wooden rack out back. (Thank goodness for privacy fences!)
It's been a lazy, indulgent weekend. Because my stomach's been on the 'fritz', I skipped church but did make a big pot of Cathy's yummy potato soup.
Forgot to tell you!
My goodness, they've like a dozen different varieties! I also picked one called Smoked Gouda.
Whoops!
Well, just as I was headed to the check-out my left one started flopping. If I hadn't had hold of the buggy, I might have done a face-plant, right there in ($1.25)Tree. I just reached down and pulled it off and stuck it in my purse. Then go figure, the right one did the same thing as I was walking across the parking lot. What to do but slide-shuffle to the truck and bust out laughing.
Wondering if these were knock-off/counterfeits?
So I'm curious .....
I know a couple of you are fans of the word game, Connections. Anyone else?
When someone suggested I play, at first I was like, "Oh, this is going to be easy."
Nuh-uh!
Still, I'm learning to take my time to think. And think again.
Who'd like to join us?




If those Nikes were on the older side, or stored incorrectly, the glue may have degraded enough to come undone.
ReplyDeleteI think so too.
DeleteGood point!
DeleteSorry, I'm no good at word games, and will not be joining you. I do love to read so the written word is important to me, but games not so much. Glad you are no longer sweltering. We have turned much cooler and I'm making some corn Chowder to have. I like potato soup, but this sounds very good. When it gets chilly out there is nothing like a warm bowl of soup to warm you up. Hope you are feeling better and not getting sick. Upset stomachs are going around, a virus of some sort. I got my flu shot so I'm hoping to avoid any of that. Take care, Love, ma
ReplyDeleteOh, corn chowder sounds yummy, too. Pretty sure I've a few cans in the pantry!
DeleteConnections - I saw a couple of you commenting about it and went to check it out. It's fun, but definitely not easy! Now I'm playing several other of their games too. I've got ingredients to make potto soup and hope to do it this week sometime. I've kinda been craving it. I gotta get to Dollar tree and check out those pretzels. Thanks for passing on the goodness.
ReplyDeleteHope your stomach issues are gone and that you have a great day!
Funny story - I already had the Potatoes O'Brien and chicken broth going on the stove top and realized there was no peppered gravy mix anywhere. Since I'd already showered and put on night clothes I just opened a can of white sausage gravy. Good!
DeleteI love potato soup, now i want some. about the shoes. when i retired i put all my shoes in plastic boxes and stacked them up on shelves. because I might NEED them one day. Fast forward 10 years and i pulled out a pair to wear, they were my favorites. I put them on and took a few steps and the wedges desentegrated into a gloppy mess. i pulled out all the boxes and all that had rubber soles had to be trashed.
ReplyDeleteMaybe your shoes had been stored in boxes for years... the coule of leather shoes were in horrible condition, but did not fall apart.
I got a head ache just trying to come up with one group on your sample here. will not be joining. i just can't do games.
now if there is an app you want me to POKE bring in on.
I'd NO idea that could happen! 😲
DeleteI had to smile at the shoes. When I retired I had a brand new uniform pair and just put them back. Years later I had reason to wear a uniform to an event and the shoes still looked perfect. BUT within an hour they were cracking. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of pretzels and am headed for the Dollar tree in a few, must check them out...
Sherry & jack trying to smile in Florida Still no change in our situation.
In case your store doesn't have them, here's a link to what I ordered. Bon apetit! (haha)
Deletehttps://www.amazon.com/Pop-Daddys-Pretzel-Sticks-Parmesan/dp/B07N32J947/ref=sr_1_1?crid=TWEPI3EGZ1GT&keywords=DT+pop%27s+garlic+parmesan+pretzels&qid=1695662256&sprefix=dt+pop%27s+garlic+parmesan+pretzle%2Caps%2C1795&sr=8-1
Those pretzels look tasty. I wonder if they're available over here. We have other brands but have not see this one with garlic cheese flavour.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about the shoes. I too wondered if they were counter- feet!!! (See what I did there? Sometimes I surprise myself ... Boooo!)
God bless.
Good one ..... Pizazzzzz!
DeleteIf you don't see those pretzel sticks locally, I've included a link in my comment to Jack (above).
PS - UPS just delivered your book a few minutes ago!
Thanx for the link, Mevely. I've checked them out. I'll see if they are available on Amazon UK or our supermarkets.
DeleteThank you for purchasing "Seek Ye First The Kingdom of God". I hope you enjoy it. You are a very loyal encouraging supporter.
God bless you and yours.
Sorry about your stomach issues. Those pretzel sticks look interesting. That's really crazy about those shoes you got at the estate sale. I haven't played any of the work games. How a great week.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Debby! I hope you'll do the same.
DeleteI do love a good pretzel, Myra! Stomach issues are never fun, so I do hope you're feeling better today. And shoes falling apart??? Well, looks like you didn't get any bargains with these. Such a shame!
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a great week ahead!
I try not to keep those sorts of 'junk' food around, but at least these are apportioned so I won't overdo it.
DeleteRe: Connections: You Rock! You've been doing really well at it! I am trying to be more methodical and take my time with it. I am glad it isn't timed. But it is very challenging and humbling. I enjoy playing and sharing with you and some other friends, also our Wordle game. Good brain teasers. I didn't see your videos, I don't think. I'm a bit behind. And those shoes, well, I bet they are knock-offs. Probably why they sold them. I hope your tummy is better. Home made potato soup is always a good thing. Pretzels sound good too. I hope you have a better week. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Yes, I'm feeling much better ... tho' sometimes dumber (Connections) LOL.
DeleteWow to the shoes falling apart like that! I guess it would make one giggle as long as you didn't get hurt in the process. I need to look up those pretzels! Yum! I've not tried Connections or Wordle. I would become obsessed, I'm sure.
ReplyDeletebrush, canvas,easel, palette....??
DeleteYes! But honestly, I can't remember! I took a screen shot, but this was a few weeks ago. It's an addictive pastime!
DeleteGreat! I just clicked on Connections. I am going to blame you for my new soon to be obsession.
ReplyDeleteThat's okay ... I blame you for getting me hooked on Quordle. 😁
DeleteThat's fascinating about the shoes. Thanks for the warning!
ReplyDeleteFrom here on out, I'm sticking with no-name brands.
DeleteOh no when you get a tummy ache. I have had a few issues too but the devil is shacking up here and he is hard to get rod of! Messing with my good nature. I've been Mia since I have been praying and crying over little things and then my husband silly boy, he calls me Mon Annie which if you do not speak French means My Annie! So I started listening to French music and sending him messages in my broken French hahah, I studied Spanish in high school. I have felt better since all this. I needed a break, a change, something new. OOOOh potato soup. YUM! My son0in-law and daughter were at the Russian/European Market. Oh Lord.... I should weigh 300 lbs!!!!! Zach brought home a candy bar called MIlka. Then shopping at World Market for tea stuff for the baby shower I found Milka cookie. Like baby moon pies. But very pricey. The kids called us Saturday. They went to the Painted Tree Boutique and said get over here F A S T !!! Zach was so excited. They had free Bloody Mary samples and $5 burritos/ everything was made in Colorado. My husband who has not touched any alcohol in 13 years had a Virgin Mary and I had the traditional one. He ended up buying the tomato starter and the spice for the rim. He was spending money like he won the lottery! hahaha...it is usually me. Then we had two more errands to run so we left. The kids walking thru that store for 4 hours! UI need to go back....
ReplyDelete