Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Hodgepodgery time!

 

Hey there!   I don't know anyone who's unfamiliar with Hodgepodge, but just in case ... this is what Joyce has to say:  "Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Answer on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow to share answers with the universe."

'Hope to  see y'all there!




Pantone's color the year for 2023 is Viva Magenta.  Etsy's color(s) of the year are indigo-and-honeycomb.  Your thoughts?  Would we find any of these three shades in your home or wardrobe? 

I'm probably the least-likely person to follow trends.  Just to be sure, I checked all 3 ... and I'm feeling underwhelmed.  Nope, I'm happy being an earth-toned person in an earth-toned home.  (With generous splashes of crimson.)

Is there a room in your house that needs painting this year?  Will you do it yourself or hire out?

Yes, but it has to stand in line behind other, more pressing projects. 



Something you had to do recently that could be described as exciting as watching paint dry.

Please don't hurl rotten eggs my way ... but I'm going to say watching Top Gun Maverick.

Tom really wanted to watch it the other night. I'm not a fan at all but tried to pay attention for his sake.



Who would you most like to sit beside on a 10-hour flight?  Tell us why?  Have you ever taken a 10-hour flight?

I can't think of anyone I'd be willing to fly with.   Yes, I've flown all my life -- once almost 10 hours from NYC to Athens, Greece.  Never entirely comfortable, I promised myself when we relocated that I'd never fly again.  



What's something you did growing up that would get you into trouble?

We "Chapel kids" used to climb into the apartment's Demster Dumpster and root around for valuables amongst the garbage.  Usually, it was empty pop bottles we'd take to the grocery store in exchange for pennies and nickels.

That, or if we could coax someone to drive us up to Horse Mesa, we'd climb over the corral and (try to) climb aboard a friendly horse.  It never crossed our minds that might be dangerous.



According to Google, the top searches in 2022 were Wordle, election results, Betty White, Queen Elizabeth, Bob Saget, Ukraine, Mega Millions, Powerball numbers, Anne Heche, and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Hmmm .... what does this say about us?  How many of these words did you search last year?  What would you guess was your most "googled' word/phrase/question.

I've no idea!  Perhaps, like me, folks tend to become unsettled when someone/thing you thought would be around forever passes away.  

The only thing I regularly Google every morning is the 10-day weather forecast.



Insert your own random thought here.

Borrowed from my friend's FB post.
I need to do this more often!






Hugs and glad tidings!

Myra




35 comments:

  1. i have done several posts recently on the trending colors so will skip that. we feel the same way
    Until you mentioned Top Gun Maverick I was about to say Superbowl=paint drying. but then i did not watch it. i did watch a few commercials that I loved. we watched TGmaverick a few weeks ago, I was not fond of the first one but this one was horrible and boring. I could have written a better movie.
    the trouble I got in during childhood was always pushing my cousin andrea, of whom I was very jealous, to do bad things to get her in trouble. it always backfired because I got a whipping and she did not. like getting her to push the started button on daddies old desoto, it started and backed us down the hill. or telling her the play money dime was the same as a penny, to put it in the bubble gum machine, it was not and broke the machine. that kind of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot about things I did when I was young that I maybe should have been in trouble for but my parents never knew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your house is neutral with pops of crimson. I bet it's really pretty. I've only flown a few times and I've just found out I may be flying to Texas this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if a decorator would agree, but it suits us! An upcoming trip? I love Texas!

      Delete
  4. I don't remember a time my mom didn't catch me in something I did. She seemed to have eyes in the back of her head. Every time she'd say, it's better to tell the truth than it would be for me to find out later. I was reading and not watching the Super Bowl. I meant to turn it on but my daughter called and told me not to bother, I hadn't missed out on anything special. I get so caught up in reading, the time passed so quickly and before I know it the day is over already. Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do jeans count for indigo? lol
    I did like Top Gun - and I thought the 2nd was just as good if not better than the 1st which is unusual.
    I get some of the look ups - except Jeffrey Domer.
    I like your thought Myra. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they count! Thanks for your visit, Sandie!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed the new Top Gun. I'm not super trendy and 'like what I like' too : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen Top Gun yet, so will wait to pass judgment; it was nice that you watched it with Tom for his sake, Myra! I don't fall for trends, color or otherwise. You'd be hard pressed to find me dressed in anything but jeans or sweats (tasteful ones). Nonetheless, I love comfort!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No trends here, happy with what we’re doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We haven't seen that movie yet so I won't throw anything at you. :) Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Instead of repainting rooms every so often now we've painted all rooms white; and we have those light bulbs that change colour at the flick of a remote control. So the rooms can be red, blue or whatever colour suits the mood at the time.

    We used to paint the rooms every year. A new coat over the old coat of paint. The problem is that the walls grew thicker with various layers of paint and the rooms became smaller all the time. We had to build an extension to house the furniture as things got tighter everywhere.

    My granddad invented the colour mauve. Before then there was red, and there was blue, and violet, and purple, but no mauve. He went to the shops with my grandma and she tried a dress on. She asked him, "Do you like the colour? What is it called?"

    He was eager to go home and watch the football. He replied, "Come on ... move!"

    She said, "Mauve ... that's my favourite colour from now on!"

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That works! I once had a co-worker who bought a new luxury-model sedan -- the title called it (color) cashmere.
      PS - Thank you for your wonderful explanation (re our dogs) yesterday. It certainly resonated!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words, Mevely. God bless.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. I don't do the hodgepodge, but I enjoy reading others. I don't do magenta, but indigo is one of my colors. Honeycomb I can wear but I usually don't. painting rooms...that's a subject I can't get into...I need to paint our bathrooms as they all have that same floral print design, but it is printed on the wall boards and will take a lot of coats to cover. Maybe someday when I have nothing else to do and have the strength back in my shoulders and arms to do it...so, no, it won't happen in my life time. Not a necessity. No one comes here to visit who cares anyway, so why should I bother? I can live with it. Oh, I tried to watch the superbowl the other night, at least the first half. I'm not a football fan that much, but enjoyed the food and fellowship at our church superbowl party. LOL. Glad we went home at half time and I went to bed. That was the best decision for me. Okay, I hope you have a great week. I will get back to you about that sign soon. I am excited you are coming in April! Keep me posted on dates, etc.
    Love ya, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, Tom has been saying we NEED to do something about the peeling paper in his bathroom ... and I'm like, "out of sight, out of mind." (lol)

      Delete
  12. I do like those ideas for celebrating the "little" things. I started a few years ago making an effort to celebrate those kinds of things and to make sure we used the "good china" at least once a month. There's so much good if we only take the time to look for it and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your answer and your quote about celebrating others was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you didn't like Top Gum Maverick. Those long flights are hard. I can't sleep on planes or in the car. Oh my, you were adventurous in the dumpster. Love your random!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :Love your borrowed FB meme! I missed doing the Hodgepodge this week. Enjoyed yours!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we miss you ... but delighted you're having a good time with Elaine and Jim!

      Delete
  16. Still Anon here, but playing catchup. I always love your answers. Yep I share those memories of long flights, Mostly I tried to sleep. LOL

    Love the side bar pictures. SWEET.
    Smiling a little here in NC,
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been comfortable enough to doze off on an airliner -- so I used to have a prescription that did the trick nicely.

      Delete
  17. Tom Cruise hahaha hard to imagine a guy 9 years younger than me still flying those skies - not a fan did not see it but saw the first. The second one is never as good as the first. Plus int he first all those Navy Seals said Cruise nearly drowned they had to save his sorry butt and not even a thanks, drop dead, sorry I am a bigger and better person than you! He has turned me off since his marriage to Nicole Kidman went south. She is a class act, he is an arrogant celeb who believes he will be beaming up to his own planet in the Scientology skies. Our son-in-law Jake's dad Dan was a deep sea diver for the Navy in his younger days. He can tell you some interesting Navy stories. Our whole house needs a new something or other. But we have a long line for that too. Just bought a new microwave. Zach and Rebekah installed it over the stove. they are such good kids. Had a plumber out a few weeks ago now the kids need to get under the sink and finished putting the new shelves up. It is always something and last weekend we were with Brody for his birthday brunch. I like color so it depends what I can pull off. Gray for instance is not for the over 60 crowd unless you have the features, complexion, hair and make up to do it. I look like a ghost from the hereafter. hahaha Also fun to be here. Much love to you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!