Good morning from the deep damp South!
PSA
.....for anyone considering a Shingles vax. I'd highly recommend you schedule it on a weekend; at least a vacation day.
None of my Covid vaccines gave me a whit of slowdown. But this (2nd in a series) was something else. Mind you, I've little to no patience feeling ill. Told Self to quit whining -- but Self lost her give-a-darn. I'd hit a wall.
Have you been vaxxed or experienced ill effects? I'm not a gambler, but pretty sure I'd not do it again.
Senior Sayings
Who knows what I'm talking about? Back at Los Alamos High each member of the graduating class chose a 'saying' to accompany his/her photo in the yearbook.
As early as our sophomore year, more thought went into what we'd write than that week's history lesson! Unformed, with little wit or soulful sophistication, I longed for a pithy phrase that would make someone give me a second look.
Come summer, however, the powers-that-be decided to do away with the Senior Sayings feature.
Imagine my surprise! The other day I Googled 'Senior Sayings' and discovered they still exist!
There's the humorous -- "I spent 113,880 hours of my life for a paper and a handshake."
And the thoughtful -- "I've learned from the bad times and was humbled by the good. Thank you for all of the great life lessons."
You can check them all out here.
Blogger buggers ... lost followers
It really shouldn't matter, but I've lost two followers in as many days. Granted, several are deceased ... some I don't even recognize. Have I said something to offend? Bored them to smithereens? I scramble to check my followers list, chuckling at my own insecurities.
Then, there's that business of disappearing comments. Does everyone check his/her spam folder regularly?
I hope no-one thinks I'm ignoring what they've written!
How about, I close with a little levity
I know you all have busy lives -- but sure appreciate you stopping by!
Hugs, Myra






I can completely identify with your Blogger "woes".
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely something amiss with the comments. Many comments wind up in my spam file, and others simply mysteriously disappear. Several disgruntled people thought that I deleted their comments. I NEVER delete comments - - unless they are from hateful liberal trolls.
You're concerned about losing two followers??
I should be so fortunate. I swear - without a word of exaggeration - I've "lost" at least 85 per cent of my readers because of things I've said. I'm absolutely stunned at how damn SENSITIVE people are.
Many of my once-faithful followers dropped me like a proverbial hot cake because of my views on politics, Covid, etc. One time when I said transgenders shouldn't be in the military, all the demented gays pounced on me - and two of them wrote nasty blog posts about me.
I later "retracted" my statement, and said transgenders SHOULD be in the military - - fighting in the front lines (I thought it was funny....).
My faithful followers are now very few and far between. It's gotten to a point where I'm hesitant to give any personal opinions at all. Over-sensitive people INFURIATE me.
Sorry for this annoyingly long comment - but I was inspired to vent my Blogger frustrations.
My brother from another mother! Jon, I always look forward to your comments. Your candor's refreshing!
Delete(*smile*)
DeleteI have begun to check my spam filter because several comments are hung up there. No idea why!
ReplyDeleteNo doubt, the Russians are behind it. LOL!
DeletePraying you'll soon be OK after your vaccination. I hope you're feeling better already.
ReplyDeleteStill many problems with Blogger. Comments go to spam or disappear altogether. Lately, Blogger has been blocking me out of my own Blog. Was it something I said?
I have to log in all over again every time.
Don't worry about losing readers. I'll make up for it by visiting your Blog several times each day and reading it all over again.
I like your funnies. We all need cheering up these days. Thanx Mevely.
God bless.
What a pal ... thank you, Victor! Yes, I'm back to near 100%.
DeleteHow do you know you lost them? is it because they did not comment? if so Feedly was down for 5 days and many missed people including me. also, the comments do disapear and sometimes the are there and sometimes gone into he wild blue yonder. they fixed feedly 2 days ago so you should be back in business.
ReplyDeleteI check my spam daily now on both blogs. always a few there.
I think I am the only one that GETS me and ever will.
I just got the invite to our 60th reunion. I wanted to answer snarky things, like i have not been to any why would I now. or I hated every moment of every day I was in that school, do not hold your breathe, oh wait go ahead, hold your breathe. None of you even speak to me in 1962 so why now. I just simply said Will not be in attenace
No, because the number on my little Followers box is dropping. I should probably move to it a less conspicuous spot, huh? I've never been to a hs reunion, but would welcome a Bloggers weekend!
DeleteI had my shingles shots a few years ago. I felt nothing. Sorry you had issues. ((Hugs)) Yes, the issues with blogger have been annoying lately.
ReplyDeleteLucky you! I never expected I could be KO'd like that.
DeleteI was laid up for a day after my second shingles shot, the new version. Just spent most of the day sleeping, a small price to pay. I had had the first version years ago and ended up with shingles in my left eye, scary stuff, but got it soon enough that it didn't affect my vision.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness! Yours is only the 2nd case of Shingles in the eye I've heard of - scary!
DeleteBlogger has been a bit wonky lately. We didn't do senior sayings. We 'willed' things to someone in the Junior class. I think I willed my height to a short girl in the class behind us. Silliness!! My followers hold at 120-122. Seems like one drops off and then someone else signs on. I don't know most of the people in my follower list. They don't leave messages. I don't worry with it. Love you, dear friend!! xo
ReplyDeleteI've never heard that cute tradition, but it makes me smile big! Love you, too!
DeleteOh, the quicksand that is the blogger stats. I fell into that back in the early days. I agonized over how many visitors, page views, and out clicks there were each day. I forget when, why, or how...but I eventually gave up on it. I never check my stats these days.
ReplyDeleteQuicksand's a great term to describe it. I'm going to do my best and take a page from you!
DeleteLove your funny things. I also have been finding comments in my spam folder that are from people who leave comments quite often. Don't know what's up with that. Hubby and I both got the 2 shingles shots last year. We did okay and I'm not sure I'd want to do it again though.
ReplyDeleteYou know, up until 6 months ago I didn't even realize I had a spam folder. Were it not for getting comments via e-mail I might still be in the dark!
DeleteI'm glad I get the email notices when comments come in because then when I'm looking at my blog, I'll think "oh, I got a comment from so and so" but its not here, so then I go and check out spam. I wouldn't worry about losing the followers. I sometimes will stop following a blog and just put it in my favorites to check on it as I have time. That could be that in your case. I saw a senior saying meme on Facebook that had a picture of a pregnant girl and the caption was "the only test I passed was a pregnancy test." Haven't gotten the shingles shot yet. I suppose I should some day. I usually don't have reactions to shots, thankfully!
ReplyDeletebetty
Meme or not, that's just sad about the PG girl. The new Shingles vax is actually a 2-fer. The first wasn't a big deal. But I wouldn't do it again.
DeleteLove your quotes, esp. about scooping the ice cream. I can really relate to that one. LOL. Since I use comment moderation, I see all the comments before they are published, that way I can get rid of any spammers before they show up on my page. Plus it helps me to actually know when someone as made a comment. Otherwise I might miss some. I know it is hard for some to understand that their comment won't show up immediately, but it just seems to work better for me this way. I don't always respond personally because of time, but I always read them and appreciate each one. I always LOVE your posts. Take care my friend...stay dry! And sorry about that shot. I haven't had the shingles vax, and probably won't. It just seems like we are being vaxxed to death these days...but I know there will be those who will think bad things about me now. Oh well, won't be the first time, and probably not the last. LOL. Life is too short for me to worry about that. Please take care and keep these posts coming. I love them.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it does seem we're being vaxxed to death; they're counting on the fear factor. Thank you so much for brightening my day, Pam!
DeleteI haven't had the shingles shot yet, nor have I had shingles. I hear it's terrible. I don't know if it's worth the money I'd have to pay out of pocket, my insurance doesn't cover it. I never looked to see if I have gained or lost followers. Maybe I should check it out. I do appreciate your comments and look for them every day. They always make me smile. Thank you for brightening my day ! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteInitially, the pharmacy tech told me my insurance (VIVA Medicare) wouldn't cover the Shingles vax; it would be $300/per. Then the pharmacist himself said that didn't sound right and I should call them. Sure enough, I talked to someone at VIVA and they agreed to cover all but $47/per shot. Please stay well!
DeleteWELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GF.......... you haven't lost me; I am simply bombarded by work and very tired by the time I get back here...sigh...but you're in my thoughts and prayers my friend.
ReplyDeleteDitto, Linda! 💛
DeleteOh My Goodness your post! SMiling, laughing, getting madder at blogger by the monet. I am sure I lost people due to lack of commenting on my end. Eventually I do get around. One gal said she did not like my blog the print was too small. Well enlarge it goofy! hahaha I am beyond being offended these days. I just pray and walk away. I have enlarged the print font a zillion times and it reverts to minuscule. argh.....
ReplyDeleteAmen! Gotta pick our battles, huh?
DeleteI followed you officially. 😊 I had added you to my Feedly but didn’t click follow on your actual blog.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sheila!
Delete