Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Water Cooler Wednesday





Welcome back, friends!  
I'll keep this short and sweet ...



If you would,
Please tell us about your last first date.
As much (or little) as you'd like.

Thanks!




Stay safe!


Hugs, Myra













31 comments:

  1. My first date was awkward. We were both juniors in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would we assume that my first date was my last?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy….you want me to tell you about that? Ok...I had a date with a boy named Ryan, he took me to the Varsity football game, we were both 14. Well, this strange boy kept starring at me, I didn't like, (nor did Ryan). I pushed that boy down the bleecher stairs. Never gave it another thought, then Monday m orning that weird boy walked up to me and put a X on my forehead and proclaimed to the world I would be his wife one day! Well, the nerve...yeah...go ahead and say it...I became his wife 7 yrs later. We are high school sweethearts, been together for total of 39 years now.lol-true story.

    As for the other matter you asked me about...when I have time I will explain to you why I feel the way I do about this virus and the smoke screen. Now, I am not saying the virus isn't real, well...never mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird boy, hmmm? LOLOLOL! Yours is a love story for the ages.

      Delete
  4. My last first date was with hubby. We were supposed to go to a recording studio for him to help a buddy out on some recordings. He overslept and was an hour and a half late to pick me up :) The rest of the date went well though, obviously, since we got married!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. … and here, I thought it was the hike where you showed up in pretty clothes and pearls? :)

      Delete
  5. My last first date was with Tim. He took me to what was the fanciest restaurant in the area. It was at the Sheraton Inn. It was the kind of place where the waiters pulled out your chair and wore a towel over their arms. They also brought little chocolate cups of some kind liquor between courses. Tim had champagne chilling in a bucket when we got there and he ordered fillet mignon for both of us. The next day he sent me a dozen pink and white roses. Yes, he swept me off my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot think back that far. But she did let me kiss her on the first date!

    Love to you lady, and be safe.
    Sherry & jack
    ps:
    tomorrow they will disconnect my cousin Eddie. The virus will win, I hope he is the last one I know of to succumb to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was with Joe and over 36 years ago! We went to lunch in China Town (Wash. DC). We both has Kung Po Chicken, medium heat. It was fun and the rest is history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I suspect you and Joe were made for one another.

      Delete
  8. Last first date? Can't remember. It was some time B.C.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danny and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary today! Well, celebrating as much as quarantine allows. Our first "date" was connecting through E-Harmony, or what I prefer to call, God-Harmony. It's been happy ever after ever since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary, Martha! I've known couples who met on Match.com; never via e-Harmony.

      Delete
  10. I am laughing at the short answers by men and the longer by women. I am using up my comment space with a non answer. Bob and I never had first date.. I guess that makes the last first date the one in 1963 with my kids dad, my friend was dating an air force guy, his friend came to church to meet me, we went, the four of us out after Sunday evening church service to get a coke. which is what people did back then. go out for a coke. why did you not tell us about yours??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going out for a Coke ... yes! Ours was drinks and hors d'Oeuvres after work. Tom talked so much, so long I thought (at the time) so charming. LOL!

      Delete
  11. The last person I dated was DDH. Our first day was a blast. He took me to the circus,which was my first and last time to see on an then we had dinner at an italian restaurant that was authentic italian. The spumoni Ice cream for dessert was out of this world. I'll never for get my last first date with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful memory! My mother's favorite dessert was spumoni ice cream. Thank you for sharing, Pam!

      Delete
  12. That would have been with my husband 32 years ago and we went to an evening revival service and then to McDonald's. We've been together ever since and McDonald's seems to have always played a big part in our life...first date and first married meal (as we were traveling) and many, many times with our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Americana, for sure! My former boss once alleged my little son grew homesick every time we passed a McDonalds. :)

      Delete
  13. My last first date was, of course, with my husband, although it wasn't my first first date with him. Our first first date was to a concert... and it was grrrrreat, but we were both young, and I wasn't ready to get serious as soon as he was, so we dated off-and-on throughout high school. Went to separate colleges, and we even got engaged to other people. Our last first date was a couple weeks after I'd broken my engagement. I was walking home from church, and he pulled up beside me in his spiffy competition orange 1961 Chevy Impala and asked me if I wanted a ride. He took me to my aunt's house, and before he dropped me off, asked if he could call me, maybe have a cup of coffee together sometime. I said yes, and he called later that day. That evening was our last first date, and we never looked back. We're coming up on our 51st anniversary, so I reckon he was right when he told a very young me that we were gonna get married some day. :)

    Um, howcum you aren't telling us about YOUR last first date?

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 51 years … wowza! Smarticus sounds like the kind of fella who always knows what he wants -- then goes and gets it. Tom's and mine was low key -- drinks after work. He talked so much I was scared to death I wouldn't make it to the bathroom in time before he came up for breath. LOL.

      Delete
    2. That he is. He's kinda like a steamroller once he sets his mind on something. Well, Tom couldn't have talked TOO much... or there wouldn't have been a second date, eh? Musta been just right.

      Delete
  14. I can't remember either - lol. I did enjoy reading the others!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me, it was a bit like the Dammam pesticide, plumbing, building-cleaning, etc. Company in the comment over mine --"شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
    شركة رش مبيدات بالخبر
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام".
    A lot of info had to be exchanged over a 2-year friendship,then I invited her to accompany me to a production of "Hair" in San Francisco --our first date, 1969. Norma is sitting in the dining room with me now. Last month we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. I guess we are getting serious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A first date....not the love of my life that I thought he was. I you would have asked the first love, it would have been easy, Scotty, he was my dream boyfriend til my hubby came into the picture. But my hubby, he still makes me weak in the knees and he can make me laugh out loud. 36 years next month and counting. We go together like salt and pepper, peace and quiet, the stars and the moon. Ah....that list goes on and on and on. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!