Outside my window ...
...it's a gorgeous Spring day!
The largely-neglected rose tree out back is fairly exploding.
Unfortunately, the weather people are predicting more severe weather tomorrow. *Heavy sigh*
Time to get out the PPE.
![]() |
| Helmet, necklace/chain (to hold) baggie containing ID, insurance cards, flash drive, etc. |
...that Tom's doctors were willing to postpone his follow-up. 'Not sure if it's still the case, but UAB/Birmingham was the state's epi-center of 'the' virus. I can't believe they're still seeing patients, but I was more than a little reluctant to go up there next week.
Grateful, too...
...that Tom's enjoying puttin' around outdoors.
Concerned because the door on his 'he shed' (playhouse) wasn't closing properly, Tom got to dismantling the existing steps and leveling the ground.
Where he discovered ...
Roots!
My contribution ...
...was carrying these blocks aside to power wash. Oomph!
(As shared on FB, I'm not so sure I'm not better-suited for apartment living.)
All's well that ends well.
Tom said, "Who needs cardiac rehab?"
Meanwhile, in the kitchen ...
...there's some mighty-good smells coming from the crockpot. All the same, I wanted to share my new favorite lunch:
1-1/2 c. loose meat (80/20 ground chuck)
1/4 c. unsalted beef bouillon
1/2 c. Palmetto cheese w/ jalapenos
Blend, then microwave on high for 2 min.
Add 2 (or 3) over-easy eggs and stir like crazy until it's the consistency of a thick soup. Season to taste.
Made me smile ...
… my former college roomie recently shared a conversation with her granddaughter --
4 y/o Alice to the queen on Snow White:
"Don't drink it! Don't drink it!
It will turn you into an old lady!"
"Hey, Nana!"
Me: Uh-oh, here it comes.
Alice: "Nana, what did you drink to turn into an old lady?"
Know what else makes smile?
Hugs … stay safe!
Myra









Oh, Lord, out of the mouths of babes! I got a good chuckle from that, too, Myra. And though we are going to get some nasty weather on Sunday, I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as bad as it was Easter Sunday, thank goodness. Oh, and tell Tom to take it easy! :) That concrete block laying (and you carrying) isn't easy even for spring chickens.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
That's what I tried to tell him … to little avail. Boys!
DeleteThat's one of the many reasons I don't like kids.....
ReplyDeleteYour crockpot recipe sounds tempting, but I (and my stomach) could probably do without the jalapenos. I never knew they made unsalted bouillon.
(My father always called it a "crotch pot" - I never figured out if he was dumb or trying to be funny....)
Tom seems to have more energy and enthusiasm than me. I need to do dozens of things around here, and I get exhausted just thinking about it.
I'm not looking forward to MORE severe weather. Stay safe.
Ya, that bouillon's not easy to find, but sodium's not my friend. Funny, I know several folks (men and women) who call it a 'crotch pot.'
DeleteLOL... Alice will hear about that for years to come! Kids can be way to honest in their observations! Hooray for Tom getting that stonework done! Huge job! I love Palmetto cheese and your (sloppy Myra) lunch sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI think YOU were the one to tell me about Palmetto cheese, Terri. (Thanks) I actually prefer it to pimento.
DeleteAt least your hospitals and doctors are open, not here. sigh.
ReplyDeleteHA on the last graphic, thanks, needed that laugh.
SMH on your situation there in New York. :( Keep looking for the humor and you'll get through this.
DeleteSo grateful that Tom is getting better, but still praying for him and you, Mevely. Keep safe and be careful in bad weather that is predicted. Here it's been raining, again, and even when it is sunny it is cold.
ReplyDeleteYour recipe made me hungry. God bless you and yours always my friend.
I wonder if you realize how much your prayers are appreciated. Thank you so much!
DeleteThat new favorite lunch sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI like to see a man who knows the use of the saws-all, It beats chopping and digging all to pieces. Very good job on the steps That is tough job, getting that level for a couple steps. Great job. Especially since they have started producing blocks that weigh 500 lbs each! LOL Tom must be doing pretty good.
I plan to cancel my appointment next month at the VA, no need in taking a chance.
Love from here. Enjoyed the visit to your house.
Sherry & jack
Ha! I crowed out-loud when you called that 'thing' by its rightful name. I had no idea what it was, or that Tom has had it for years. Boys and your toys. :)
DeleteYou like your food spicy!
ReplyDeleteWe are heading for some bad weather tomorrow too.
Looks like Tom is able to do a lot of work around the house - which is good for him. I think - right?
I know what you mean about going to the doctor - it is hard to talk myself into going out to a doctor - maybe in June.
Hope Tom stays safe.
Yes, I love spicy!
DeleteSince his cardiac procedure, Tom seems to have lots more energy; but is careful to take 'rest' breaks. (I still worry.)
Yum on your recipe!! Seeing the pictures of what Tom was doing made me tired! I agree with you. I would be content living in an apartment if it was just me and no hubby and/or dog :) Glad that Tom's visit was postponed. I'm of the opinion the doctors feel he is doing okay; otherwise they would arrange some sort of followup :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Me, too. Dr. Ahmed's assistant said he's still seeing patients -- but only 5 each day. They moved his appt. to mid-May, but said we can always call to reschedule.
Deleteyour hubby has alot of energy. what is his secret? at 81 mine can hardly walk or stand. then again neither can i. the recipe sounds scrumptious. especially adding that kick of heat. like your cartoon of you. very cool.
ReplyDeleteThanks on the avatar/toon … You and Terri D. were my inspiration. :) Tom's a different person since his cardiac procedure, tho' he still requires lots of sleep.
DeleteWe're hearing all about beautiful spring days from our family members is Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana. We are jealous. Please take care and be safe today if the storms come your way.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Tom got his he-shed steps fixed and is feeling okay.
That last story is kind of hopeful. If you drink a magic potion to make you old...there's got to be an antidote, right? LOL
Have a blessed day!
I didn't think about that! (Woo-hoo!) All's still right now in our neck of the woods, but everyone's saying "Look out" in a couple of hours. Ugh.
Deletelet me know if they have an antidote for the what ever we drank to make us old. I must have drunk the same thing. that is so funny. kids do say the darnedst things. I am so impressed that you could carry those blocks. I could not move one of them an inch. if we can remember I want to check when you turn 75 if you can still carry them. ha ha again... the steps looks great... I want my 80/20 in a patty cooked in the fry pan..slathered with mayo on white bread.
ReplyDeleteDon't be impressed. Good thing you didn't see me grunting and doing the old-lady-shuffle, complaining LOUDLY all the way! :)
DeleteOh my, on the cement blocks, I don't think I could even get one off the ground these days, That is what I'd call a back breaking job for sure. Glad your Tom can get the job done. He's really doing well. I don't think I'd be going to any hospitals for appointments right now, you might come out sicker than when you went in . Kids do say the dearest things, They always keep us smiling ! I think our weather might have finally straightened out. At least no snow in the forcast like this week had. You folks in the south have certainly had a round of bad weather there this spring, Hope you stay safe and it doesn't get too bad there.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ma! Tom's bounce-back has surprised me, too. Still, I have to resist the urge not to nag or tell him I'm concerned.
DeleteLove seeing your photos of welcomed spring days. We are blessed to have husbands that get the job done! Your recipe sounds delicious. Enjoy your week; we are suppose to get warmer.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mary! Hoping you will enjoy a blessed week!
DeleteI'm so glad Tom's appointment was postponed. I'm glad I saw my retina doctor in early March and then my internist. Dentist appointment on hold and a mammogram yet to do. Trying to eat healthy, take my vitamins and brush and floss. I'm hopeful by June/July I may be able to start to catch up. Fingers crossed! Take good care.
ReplyDeleteIn an abundance of caution, I'm thinking June. Feeling mighty blessed to be retired and content taking baby steps. Cyber-hugs!
DeleteWe both chuckled as I read you rescheduled Tom's appointment. When National Jewish called to come in, we were like UH- no! Thank you! But 90 percent of patients walking around wear masks anyway but we do not want to take any chances. Oh Alice, what a character! Now I will have to share a cute one my sis told me while watching Ari when she was just a small girl. HaHaHa I need Rebekah to stop baking bread! I think I gained five lbs. this week alone. Where'd I Put that Special K cereal? Hmmmm.....We shall wait and see about the reopening of life as it was. Take care and between Tom and my SIL Jake, darm why you gotta live so far away? (wink wink). I have waited two months to hang some shelves. Still waiting. Argh.....
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read your story about Ari. (Cool name!) I do wish we lived closer to one another!
DeleteSounds like you are both keeping busy. We have cancelled follow up visits but we have to both go to get some things checked out May 13th. I don't want to go but they can't wait!!
ReplyDelete