Just four questions weekly!
... kept in memory of its creator, Toni Taddeo.
Amen!
1. What is your pet peeve of the month, year, lifetime?
I don't like to dwell on negatives, but since you asked?
Insincerity.
So yesterday I shared a meme on my FB page, poking fun at flattening the curve -- or, my stomach.
...which resulted in a couple curious comments:
"You don't need to flatten anything! You look GREAT!", and
"Oh yes you can. I have seen how much you don't eat."
I've not seen one lady in more than 50 years; the other in a decade.
Perhaps I should lighten up, but I'm still a little annoyed.
2. Do you have a pet? Tell us about your pet.
Tho' they're sometimes vexing, I can't imagine life without our current denizens, Macie and Grace.
3. What are some pet projects in your life?
I've always got a 'should-a' list going. But I'm not especially passionate about any of them.
Live and let live!
4. Do you feed the birds or other animals in the wild?
Uh-huh. We've two birdhouses that Tom keeps filled for the cardinal moms and daddies. I got tickled yesterday at Wal-Mart when he spent so long choosing which kind of seed they'd prefer.
He always 'accidentally' sprinkles a liberal amount on the ground for the squirrels.
Thanks so much for visiting, my friends!
I hope you'll join me tomorrow for the Wednesday Medley.
Stay safe!
Hugs, Myra




my pet peeve is people who let their dogs out OFF leash in their front yards, we live in a busy neighbohood and they have back yards with fences so why?????
ReplyDeletethose comments are indeed odd....i am defintely not flatnihg my stomach and i feel like flattening someone that you can guess who
Hahaha … lots of that going around. Regardless their size or breed, I'm always leery of dogs off-leash.
DeleteWe feed the birds with seeds and fat balls. They attract many small birds; but so far, no squirrels. Pigeons too.
ReplyDeleteI'm really annoyed that I don't have any pet peeves. Perhaps I should have one. I feel I've missed out in life. Any suggestions what I can have as a pet hate?
Hope you and yours are well, Mevely, and you're still smiling. God bless.
No pet peeves, Victor? I'd wager you've never had an ulcer, either. (*smile*)
DeleteYou do have a couple of sweet lovable fur babies there. I don't have any myself, but do enjoy my grand dogs. I don't feed the birds but there are lots of acorns from my oak tree to feed a couple of very active squirrels that live in the tree outside. I keep hearing about flattening the curve but never thought of it as flattening my tummy Ha ! Every day I hear about more and more deaths and that is scary. I don't have a pet peeve unless you count wishing that this virus was gone. I"ve had enough of keeping my distance but still I do it for the safety of all. Hugs from Ohio ! Be safe !
ReplyDeleteScary, yes. "Pet" or not, that's a significant peeve! Tough love is tough, indeed.
DeleteThis is a fun list, I like how you have bird houses or feeders for two cardinal families. Your two little dogs look very entertaining.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terra. Almost 7 years later, they certainly keep us entertained!
DeleteMacie and Grace are so cute, I think I would love them to the moon and back! We try to keep our feeders full but our visitors try to keep them empty.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Mary. I'll tell them! :)
DeleteAre they poodles? My great grandmother had a pink poodle named Mitzi. She was something, grin.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles. I did leave a comment to you back my blog. grin.
Half-poodles, Linda. Their mom was a Maltese from the other side of the tracks. LOL.
DeleteYour pups are so cute! Love that your hubby "feeds" the squirrels too.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks for saying that!
DeleteCute dogs! I think its nice that your hubby likes to take good care of the Cardinals! :)
ReplyDeleteMe, too, Ann. He's got a tender heart where animals are concerned.
DeleteInteresting comments. Macie and Grace are always a delight to see. So sweet of you to feed the cardinals and the squirrels.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love our girls to pieces.
DeleteMacie and Grace are so cute!
ReplyDeleteRight now they're WAY over-due for a hair cut, lest someone mistake them for a mop!
DeleteI either missed the Tuesday 4 early, or she posted it later than I was up to see. Fun questions. Gosh, people who you haven't seen in 50 years are leaving comments like that? Love your little pups! I like your "should-be" list! I think that is a good title for mine. I've just got a little over 2 weeks until my knee surgery so I need to kick some cleaning into gear here because I won't do much cleaning for 3 weeks after that. Whew!
ReplyDeleteI know! I kept looking for the questions up until bedtime, but was happy to see them over coffee this morning. 2 weeks only? Don't over-do, OK?!
DeleteI love your pups. I am guilt for answering like your friends did - but I was just trying to be sweet. So do you two wear masks?
ReplyDeleteNooo worries, Sandie! Since they actually knew me personally -- and one used to ridicule me in school -- I felt they were over-stepping.
DeleteYes. Since Tom is high-risk on account of his COPD we're wearing masks.
DeleteI think of you and Tom dealing with 2 puppies when 1 puppy is more than we can handle LOL :) Your girls sure are adorable!! How funny with the FB comments. I have to agree, a bit insincerity (or maybe too much time on their hands being quarantined these days). How sweet with Tom taking care of the birds and the squirrels!
ReplyDeletebetty
Have to admit, that first year was nearly my undoing. Can't believe it was me who said, "Let's get both -- how much trouble can that be?"
DeleteInsincerity would DEFINITELY be first on my list. People have an annoying way of being fickle, biased, selfish, and full of bull (did I cover it all?).
ReplyDeleteI'd love to go into details, but I'll spare you the agony.
I'm sure your two adorable poochies can be "vexing" at times. My cats can be beyond exasperating when they want to....
I occasionally feed the birds outside, but I stopped feeding the 'possums - who have invaded my house and are making nests...(the joys of country living)
Well, at least people are commenting on your memes/photos. No one EVER comments on mine.
Am I really that ugly? (*smile*)
I was delighted when you commented on my blue eyes the other day...
my waning ego occasionally needs a boost.
I'd love to hear details someday! I've long suspected, my super-power is my sincerity radar. Aren't possums supposed to kill rodents and snakes?
DeletePet peeve. People who pay $$$ for 'name brand' pets and never teach/ train them anything but scratching to go outside. Also buy a giant 80-110 dog and not train it. We have one up the road that wants to tear our throats out, even if the folks are walking him, and they barely can hold him back. The dog knows NO commands!
ReplyDeleteOkay, that is mine. ;-(
I feed a feral cat and the hummers!
I enjoyed the read.
Be safe, I just love Bro Tom.
Sherry & jack
Amen to unruly dogs -- particularly those of the huge variety! Our girls are yappers -- and might well have benefitted from obedience school -- but they're basically good kids.
DeleteLove the meme about choosing a dog, Myra - so true! And we, too, feed the birds and leave liberal amounts on the ground for the squirrels. Love watching them!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
A long time ago, I used to have that quote framed on my nightstand. The 'wild ones' provide such entertainment, don't they?
Delete