Friday, October 31, 2025

Friday fun

 

No rhyme or reason ...
here's just a few things that recently made me smile.




Who else is staying home tonight?




🤭



Unlike MadSnapper, I'm hopelessly UNcreative when it comes to AI.


...which is probably the only reason I accidentally stumbled on "Create a video from a single photo" on my phone's Google Photos app.   (If this is old news, please. Just humor me?)

Because I'm too cheap to upgrade right now, I'm only limited to 3-4 per day.   My first attempts using my late parents were kind of creepy.   

This one, however, was darn close.  If they'd only included a cigar in daddy's hand, they'd have nailed it.



Then, there was the selfie looking like I'd been celebrating the new year prematurely (lol).





🤭



I know some of you are already on top of your Christmas lists ... crossing off names and checking it twice.   

That would not be me.  I have, however, come across a website "too perfect" for a couple victims friends.   Doubly nice, WTFNotebooks are manufactured right here in the U.S.



Gotta admit, more than a few of the notebook covers contain language or bawdy topics I'm reluctant to endorse on this blog ... but that's why they invite readers to filter (ie, everything from "Safe and Innocent" to "Extra saucy.")


So far, I've ordered 2026 planners --
for the old friend going through more challenges than should be allowable ...


... and another 'smarty-pants' of whom I'm incredibly fond



🤭



Finally ...

My favorite "baby cow" her daddy calls "mootiful"!






Happy Halloween!


Hugs, Myra













39 comments:

  1. I have no interest in AI and I truly worry about James growing up with it. Yes, Sandra is great at it. I couldn't get to your links. No, I am nowhere near ready to start checking off Christmas lists.
    Happy Halloween!🎃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not get in the first link - the second link I saw you on the left.
    I have started Christmas gifts.
    Your granddaughter is adorable and MOOTIFUL!
    I know she is the apple of your eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the link(s) are fixed now ... knock wood!

      Delete
  3. Those short videos are neat. I have very little idea about the apps available. It is amazing the changes in our lives due to electronics. At times I want to learn but then I back off. It is strange I was on the leading edge of computers, operating, programming and fixing them, now have trouble resetting the time on the simplest things. WE no longer do gifts. Sad that $$$ is the answer because it doesn't make eyes widen and Smiles break out like the surprise gift does.
    Love you girl, enjoy a little chill in the air. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jack, I'm right there with you on eyes widening and smiles that break out over a surprise gift. That's one of things I miss most.

      Delete
  4. It's amazing what they can do these days with AI.

    Best wishes to you and your family. God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked - you are good at AI. Saw your dad and the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were both fun to watch. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your photos...not sure what you did, but it was really cool! And that sweet "mootiful" baby is the best of all! I love that one!!! AI is interesting and has a lot of potential, but I'm a bit afraid of it's power. There are already too many fake AI stories floating around on Facebook that look so real, but they aren't, and people are going gaga over them like they are real stories about real people. They are totally fake. It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference, and that is why it's scary. Regarding the Christmas list...what list? Are we supposed to have a list already? Jeepers, I don't even start thinking about a list until after Thanksgiving. I know I should start earlier, and I say so every year, but it never happens. I work better under pressure...lol. not really anymore. I have meltdowns in aisle 4 and 5 and 6. LOL. I hope you have a lovely weekend. October will be officially over in 3.5 hours. Hard to believe. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Myra, I know that beauty in that cow costume. You can't fool me! I did love the clever sayings on those journals, too. Danny has played around with AI somewhat, but I don't feel brave enough to try it out yet. I find it creepy and intrusive in a way I simply can't adjust to. I admire your bravery to try it out with the photo of your beloved parents. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm trying to stay in the shallow end of that pool.

      Delete
  9. I've been playing with those apps to make photos move. Yes, fun but also heart-hitting. I've started gathering Christmas gifts here and there but nothing serious yet. My cards arrived last week, so I do need to get my labels updated. It's that time of year, for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart-hitting ... exactly. I love that term. xo

      Delete
  10. I have premium Freepick (it sure isn't "free") so I made dozens of photo videos. Some turned out great and others were horrible. I want to make a (long) video with the good ones. It's fun to see old photos come to life.
    Unfortunately I can't get your two videos to work (another Blogger glitch?) Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little (key word) experiment may be short-lived -- all they're allowing me is 4 seconds. Hardly seems worth it.

      Delete
  11. I'm not shopping at all this year, but am giving everyone money for Christmas! I've found postage just too expensive to ship gifts. I'm not very tech savvy and couldn't do a movie if I even tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, the cost of postage is taking the fun right out of gifting.

      Delete
  12. Love this post and your creativity . I am a bit afraid of AI and as my son says ... "the Genie is out of the bottle. There's no way to stuff it back in." We are going to have strong discernment to know the Truth.
    Your sweet little adorable cow has stolen all of our hearts.
    Have a great weekend.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grinning now, the baby cow is most definitely mootiful... so are you. I have not seen the video maker thingy and have not touched AI in a whole year now. I know because when I got the iPad and procreate I never used it again. in fact Ann made something with AI and I tried to find AI on my computer and could not. not so techy these days..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I've got to have one of those WTF notebooks! That's funny!
    The baby cow is cute. The vid's are creative. I'd try it too but I have no talent with these things. 🦃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodie! You'll have to tell me which one you get.

      Delete
  15. HA. Love those notebooks, lol. Wishing you a lovely day---and that AI thing scares me...I use AI for my lesson plans and it just, well, drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AI is fun to play with but I'm really leery of what it can do in the hands of evil. No, I haven't given Christmas a thought yet, I'm still working on Thanksgiving. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It's like we're living in a James Bond movie.

      Delete
  17. Sam and I were both cozy campers here at home on Friday night.. one trick R treater..(Mylee Jo). The churches all had Trunk R' Treat on Thursday night. How about those note books? I love journals and I love notebooks...You know what my worries are about AI? I don't want to have all my questions and such stored and then years later the martians end up knowing everything about me. LOL. my kids told me LOL is OUT and to quit using it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that never occurred to me! 😮 (LOL)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!