Tuesday, October 14, 2025

C is for

 

Good morning glories!





So, going through my scribbles -- what to leave in, what to take out -- I realized the many C's among the lot.  

Let's see what's happening in and around Coosada ...



Deep-Cleaning

Note to self:  It's probably not wise to execute a wasp with aerosol hair spray ... particularly when said wasp was making itself comfortable along the globe lights on my bathroom's light bar.


Cardiology

Only because I promised my son back in August, it was time to visit the specialist.  Thankfully, the EKG came back "mostly good."   Mesmerized by the (seeming) 16-year old in a white coat, I might not have been paying close attention to his words.   I did agree to have an ultrasound, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.


... and speaking of white coats.

Any other fans of Chicago Med out there?  I may move a little slower these days, but there's nothing wrong with my eyesight.  Crushing on Steven Weber's curmudgeon character makes Wednesday nights so fine!



Have you noticed how many
Cars look alike these days?  Are automotive manufacturers lacking imagination?

Coming back from Montgomery the other day I was like, "Look, There's another Taos!"
Then, "No, it's a Mercedes."   The next day, "Oops, it's a BMW."
I love my little puddle jumper, but wonder if those others feel a bit miffed, being mistaken for a VW.  



What else? 
We got to visit with this sweet g-grand Child on Saturday.
No question, P's her daddy's doppelganger.  Nevertheless, the "side-eye" she favored me totally reminds me of her pretty momma.





Coming up
I've a "Gatherers" luncheon today -- the second of my recently put-together/made up ladies' Club.  Honestly, it's refreshing to "chat and chew*" all things outside church.




But first!
Bottom's up!



Hugs, Myra



(* Thanks to Latane at Accidentally Aging for this term!)

 





 




 







43 comments:

  1. I love your imagination and originality. Sweet entry, but at my age I do appreciate and understand this line especially: Mesmerized by the (seeming) 16-year old in a white coat, I might not have been paying close attention to his words. ..........Yep I understood that immediately!
    Sweet visit... Love from the back yard.
    jack & Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the other day Tom was saying something about the (professional) quarterback looking like he was 15!

      Delete
  2. Well, Mrs. Myra....you are so clever to have a C post today.. Hope you will follow up with that ultrasound. There are a lot of good C''s here today...beginning with the cardiologist...then the Club luncheon (I do love a luncheon) andThe cutest Grand!! Cars..I certainly have noticed that a good many of them look so similar. Why pay for an expensive vehicle when you can buy one almost exactly (minus a few bells and whistles) for a cheaper cost? Funny thing about cars. My brother and his wife purchased a new vehicle last Sept and so did Sam and I. Would you believe that we both bought the same kind of SUV? Same color and all. We have had many laughs about this!! Neither of us knew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s my motto: I’ll worry about it when the time comes! By the time “it” comes, there’s nothing to worry about. Anyway I can’t see wasting time on worrying. Been there - done that in my youth in my younger days.

    I may have to start a “chat and chew” with my church friends. Sounds like fun. C is for cute post that has me smiling all the way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are getting younger all the time these days - doctors, nurses, policemen and so on. Even priests. Must be something in the water!

    Cars all look the same so that they are aero-dynamic and save on fuel. Scientists believe humans will evolve the same way. We will all have a pointy nose and face and the body will get wider from the neck to a fat bottom. With little circular feet like wheels.

    God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it executes a wasp, what does it do to our hair?? 😳

    🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one called "Blo Dri" - it dries your hair then blows it all away!

      Delete
    2. I couldn't risk shattering the light bulb with a fly swatter.

      Delete
  6. Since the wasp was inside I guess my way of dealing with it 🔥🚒 (fire) would be a great big NO! That would definitely go sideways! 🤣
    The baby (and Mom) is a cutie patootie.
    I'm totally a caffeine addict and have no desire to Change because I don't look good in orange. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, indeedie ... The cars definitely all look alike to me. I haven't a clue what they are anymore.
    Yes, please follow through on your appointments. As they say ... an ounce of prevention etc...
    Hmmm, don't care for that wasp in the house. I would have exterminated it too.
    I'm glad you are continuing to have the Chat and Chew luncheons. That sounds like so much fun. Keep doing it .
    I totally agree about all those professional guys looking like 16 year olds. Of course at my age EVERYONE looks like "babies" to me.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. love Mama and her Child, wish I could gather with your group, and for me these days C is for Crying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, and yes! I've killed many insects with aerosol hair sprays. Very potent.
    And nowadays ALL CARS look alike - - same style, same color. Once I tried unlocking a car door in the Walmart parking lot. Then I noticed children's toys in the back seat..... Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful morning glories. So autumnal.

      Delete
    2. I've done that, too! Funny, but that probably happens more often than we realize.

      Delete
  10. Your getting the wasp with hair spray - may have been a mistake.
    What do you think of the Telsa truck - I don't like the way it looks.
    Go to get the ultrasound!!!
    Enjoy babysitting.
    Love coffee too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen a Tesla truck that I know about. Must investi-Google!

      Delete
  11. It sounds like there is a lot going on in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, most cars look alike! And that includes the color. Seems 9 out of 10 are silver. Little P is adorable! I used to watch all of the Chicago shows but stopped a few seasons ago. I probably should revisit them! Sending a hug, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much over Chicago Fire and PD, but Med actually made me clap at the TV last week. LOL.

      Delete
  13. Cars not only look alike, they are also all overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun post! Very Clever of you!! Yes, the cars are all dumb looking. I love the old classic cars of the 50's and 60's. They had real style and good looks! Your little great-granddaughter is such a cutie patootie, and so is your granddaughter. Yes, I see the resemblance for sure! I love the idea of a coffee and chat time with friends. I miss doing that. I loved this post. A real Classic, just like you, and yes, follow up with your Dr. as prescribed. We are both at "that age". (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That pix of Chloe is 10+(?) years old -- taken the morning of her Baccalaureate. Still one of my favorites!

      Delete
  15. Caffeine absorbent? Is there a club for that? If so, Myra, sign me up! Your great-grand only gets more beautiful every day. God bless her and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love this post, thanks for the smiles. Wishing you a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know I had heart trouble until I had a bad EKG. Then they sent me for an MRI. Modern medicine is something else! Maybe a miracle in disguise. I follow up with my Cardiologist every 6 months. Glad you got checked! I'd follow through with whatever they recommend. Cars are nothing like they used to be. You could easily a cars make by it's shape years ago. Now they do look all the same to me too. Coffee is my favorite C word of the bunch I'm definitely a coffee addict. Hope you stay well! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad your EKG was mostly good. Keeping you in my prayers. I love Chicago Med. True, the cars do look alike. That's sweet about your great grandchild. Hope your luncheon went well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chat and Chew reminds me of our Stitch and B*tch group when I was a young mom! We had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!