Giggling, about the 'hot' cheese experience.
I'd never heard of a Carolina Reaper, but it's not likely I'll ever forget what Guinness calls "the world's hottest pepper." (BTW, it was considerably tastier after Tom added copious amounts of Half-and-Half.)
Sticking, to my (keto) regimen.
I'll admit, Days #2 and #3 were really difficult; that goes to show how sugar can be so darn addictive. The weight loss is slower than I'd like (only 9 lbs in 2 months), but I've dropped two pants sizes in that time.
Debating, whether I want to subscribe to the NYT Games.
$5.99/month isn't a big deal. BUT, I'm afraid it may seriously hinder my attempts to rekindle (no pun intended) my love of reading. These exercises -- Wordle, Strands, Spelling Bee, Connections ... the pull is real, y'all.
Prowling, for little holiday gifts.
Grommet's still a favorite venue, and I spotted these a little while ago on FB. (Some are a little naughty, but yes. I laughed out loud.) Oh Lord, please protect me from those things I don't need!Loving, this song.
Have you seen this version?
Thank you to all our proud veterans for your service and sacrifices.
Never forget!
Never forget!
Hugs, Myra

I've stayed away from paid game subscriptions, but finally broke down and bought myself a New York Times crossword puzzle book.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Kathy! I may do the same.
DeleteThose notebooks are hilarious!! That song version is perfect and I always love hearing it!! Have a week ahead full of blessings, Myra!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! xo
DeleteI don't have any game subscriptions - I didn't even know they existed. I love Lee Greenwood and all the Trump rallies he sang this at. I do appreciate and thank every veteran including my husband.
ReplyDeleteHere's a link, Sandie.
Deletehttps://www.nytimes.com/crosswords
PS Did you eat a Carolina Reaper?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am still on my kind of keto diet, and I have only lost about 15 pound in 3 months and have lost stomach fat. But I am so frustrated that it is not coming off faster.
No!!! (lol) -- It was in the shredded cheese. From everything I've heard, on Keto you lose inches more so than pounds. 15# is great girl!
DeleteThanks for the smiles...and I am not sure about dropping sugar out of my diet, coffee mostly. smiles. Wishing you a beautiful week. smiles
ReplyDeleteDon't nobody take away my coffee! (*grin*)
DeleteIt's better to lose weight slowly. You have a better chance of keeping it off, I think. Good luck!
ReplyDeletePS Those notebooks are funny. 😊
DeleteYou're right, of course. I forget I'm no longer a 20-something who could take off 5# in a week.
DeleteJust a thought about your keto results. A pillow weighs less than a led pipe, but which would look skinny? Celebrate the 2 size difference and don't worry about the number on. the scale
ReplyDeleteThank you for saying that!
Deleteno, I have not seen/heard this version and its really good. I have to plead guilty of totally missing that today is veterans day. I include the reason is 2 storms and hard labor must have dulled my already not so good memory cells. I had to stop and Google search NYT games, I thought you were giving up your games to watch baseball for football or even basketball. I am still living under a rock of my own making.
ReplyDeleteLOL, you're certainly entitled! I'm sending you a PM.
DeleteWe must never forget their sacrifice.
ReplyDeleteThose notebooks are a great idea. How about "Random thoughts I keep getting when thinking of something else". Keeps happening to me. My mind is always thinking of something or other.
God bless always, Mevely.
There you go! (I love the way your mind works.)
DeleteI know that the cheese was a complete (Hot) conversation in your kitchen...lol. You are so right...sugar is so addictive. I went for several months with taking sugar out of my diet. I felt good...somehow the sugar creeped back in and my body has been aching like crazy...I told Sam, just this morning, that I am off of Sugar! Sam is hooked on the NYT wordle game and when he can't figure out the word of the day, guess who he wants to solve it?? ME! Dieting....I'm not sure if it's a good time for me to take sugar out of my diet with the Holidays coming up...😳😳👀. Just kidding...I need to get that poison out of my system...
ReplyDeleteSandra (Mad Snapper) is my inspiration... I think she lost 80-some pounds a few years ago by eliminating sugar.
DeleteI gave up sugar about 1 year ago. When I first began I weighed in about 170 pounds now I'm down to 142. I do spurge now and then to reward my self with a donut. They were something hard for me to give up. I think it's better to loose weight slowly and keep it off than to do it too fast. Good for you trying to do the same. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly what my sweet momma used to say! Congratulations on your own weight loss!
DeleteWOW, I love that arrangement!!!!!!! That is amazing and seem impossible but it is absolutely beautiful in song and music. When I know the words to a song that is sung, I can appreciate it MUCH MORE!
ReplyDeleteLove you lady, hugs to the sax player,
Sherry & jack
I'm so glad you enjoyed it, too!
DeleteMay all who bravely served our country to protect our freedoms have a most blessed Veteran's Day! God bless you and Tom, too, Myra!
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thank you so much, Martha ... and the same to you and Danny.
DeleteThe NYT has plenty of deals for about a dollar for the games. I play them almost every day! I was so excited when I figured out the crossword in under a minute the other day when I was getting carpet cleaning San Antonio the tech jumped and thought something was wrong haha. I can't wait to listen to that song, Happy Veterans Day!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's funny! Thanks for the NYT tip!
DeleteGlad the half and half helped. Sounds like you are doing great to me. I don't know what NYT is. Hope you can make a decision. I need to get going with Christmas gifts. The song is so beautiful. Thank you to our Veterans.
ReplyDeleteDebby, it stands for New York Times. Every day they publish new on-line games like Wordle and Connections, etc.
DeleteI'm back on a low carb diet, I lost 30 pounds early this year and have gained 20 back. boohiss.. So, I'll see if I can stick with it. My worst habit is junk food, it's so good. loli
ReplyDeleteRight? And tortilla chips should be made to taste like Lima beans, lol.
DeleteKeto rocks! I don't ever want to eat any other way. I don't get infections, or head colds, or have difficulty breathing, etc. anymore. It's wonderful. I don't like being sick or fat plus I'm never really hungry. We eat only once sometimes twice a day. Saving big bucks doing that and we're healthier.
ReplyDeleteIf you enjoy online card games, we like this one:
https://thesolitaire.com/ It's free and there's all kinds of varieties. Keeps my tiny brain active for hours. LOL xx
Thanks, I'll check it out!
DeleteI don't pay for those NYT games. I play them on my cell phone, and have never needed a subscription. If I did, I probably wouldn't play them. That would take all the fun out of it if I had to pay for it. LOL. I still don't understand the KETO diet thing. Not sure I could do it as I like potatoes and bread and things like that too much, but I don't eat any "sweets" per se'...except when hubby wants me to bake him cookies or cake...I have a little bit when I bake it, and that's it. No more. I don't tolerate it well. But I'd be lost w/o potatoes, etc. Oh well, we each do whatever works best for us. I say congratulations to those who can manage that, especially if it works for you! That's wonderful! That hot cheese did sound terribly hot. I know I couldn't eat that! LOL. Thanks for the warning.
ReplyDeletePrivately, I think Keto is the offspring of Dr. Atkins (Diet Resolution). It probably works best for me, on account I love protein best. I agree, let's all just do what works for our own bodies .....and taste buds!
DeleteHmmm...I thought I had commented on this blog..wonder where it went. Maybe its just a "senior moment" of mine.
ReplyDeleteI do like spicy things but too hot is just too hot!!
Glad the half and half helped.
I think I am addicted to sugar and bread..seems those are my earthly pleasures and they have caused some weight to creep back on me..oh my its so hard to be good!
I do play free solitaire on line to just decompress sometimes. It really helps me refocus.
You made me laugh about needing tortillia chips to taste like lima beans..That would do it for sure. Actually I don't mind the earthy taste of those beans but Dave doesn't so we don't have them except when I sneak them into a stew or goulash.
Sue
Exactly, it's SO hard to be good. My biggest temptation/addiction is salty foods -- there in itself a big 'no-no.' In all seriousness, I think Solitaire and the others help keep our minds sharp.
DeleteLove the Lee Greenwood song. Always my pleasure to be here. I get off topic too much so say my children. Oh well....I am weird, what can I say. Thank you for the post today. I am so behind. Forgive me.
ReplyDelete