Good morning, y'all!
What's new? Not much, but I still wanted to pop in.
After basically ignoring the state of my skin the last 11 months, I was relieved to get an "All good!" report from my new dermatologist.
On the other hand!
I felt (appropriately) abashed at the gentle scolding for pick-pick-picking my ankles where someone's fleas had their way with me last year.
Yep, you read correctly: Last year.
I raised my right hand and promised to wear socks for the next two weeks.
I felt (appropriately) abashed at the gentle scolding for pick-pick-picking my ankles where someone's fleas had their way with me last year.
Yep, you read correctly: Last year.
I raised my right hand and promised to wear socks for the next two weeks.
🤎
We really like Tom's new pulmonologist!
On the other hand!
The drive to Alex City over a rolling twisty two-lane road isn't one I enjoy -- particularly when one's rear windshield wiper refuses to turn off.
I shouldn't be concerned about what other drivers think, but ya. I was.
I shouldn't be concerned about what other drivers think, but ya. I was.
🤎
Knock wood, the shot Tom was given at Pain Management seems to be working.
On the other hand!
I suspect appointment times are just suggestions. Who'd guess so many people suffer from boatloads of physical issues? The aide who wheeled Tom out said they scheduled 80 people on Thursday alone!
I suspect appointment times are just suggestions. Who'd guess so many people suffer from boatloads of physical issues? The aide who wheeled Tom out said they scheduled 80 people on Thursday alone!
🤎
Yesterday we took Tom's new script to the Montgomery VA. To a person, I love their customer service.
On the other hand!
Suddenly, I noticed my phone: It's little face read, "No service. Emergency calls only."
The last time it did that was the morning of 9/11. The only excuse we were given is (that) our Florida offices weren't far from the school where President Bush was reading to grade school children. Supposedly, cell phone towers went silent as he was being rushed to Macdill AFB and Air Force One.
It was an unsettling feeling -- especially when at 11:30AM (November 18) it read, "October 27, 5:15PM.
It was an unsettling feeling -- especially when at 11:30AM (November 18) it read, "October 27, 5:15PM.
Has anyone else experienced that sort of thing?
🍂
Sometimes, Real Life brings real discouragement, doesn't it?
Nice to know there's a safe place to land, right here in Blogland!
Here's a hand!
👋
👋
Hugs, Myra

Praying for yours and Tom's good health.
ReplyDeleteYes, sometimes life gives you on the one hand and then on the other hand ... ... ... Perhaps it is God's way of reminding us when things go wrong that He looked after us previously when things were not so good. This gives us renewed faith to go on trusting Him.
Every time I look back, He was there for me.
How about you?
God bless you and your family, Mevely.
Yes, He was! I'm going to remember your suggestion.
DeleteSo glad to see you here today, Myra, and to catch up on your news. I do like what Victor said in his comment, and totally agree. Y'all hang in there, knowing you're loved and appreciated!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much, dear friend!
DeleteOn one hand: It's amazing how many live with pain daily. I noticed that when I was suffering terribly with an undiagnosed Outlet Syndrome. I hope the first Neuroligist I went to is writhing in pain somewhere. Shame on him for being lazy and saying, "I have to learn to live with it."
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand: I pray for those who suffer so much. I get that. It's very frustrating to feel trapped in one's body in this mortal coil.
BTW, I watched one of my favorite YouTube's fellas that lives in Scotland this morning. Apparently "they" whom have deemed themselves The Elite have decided that we should stay in a permanent Covid lockdown with passports, forced jabs, shutdowns, etc. I pray everyone stay vigilant and don't give in to the fear mongering.
Source: Neil Oliver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqv2YMn0q2o
Blogland is a safe place. Usually. I'm glad we've managed to keep it that way.
Love in Christ.😊
Some physicians don't deserve their license! Thanks for this link, Pam; I'm going to check him out.
DeleteGreat new from the dermatologist. Glad you like Tom's new doctor. Sorry about the ride and your wipers. Glad his shot is working. I'm seeing pain management in January. Took me 3 months to get that appointment. No I have not experienced that with my phone. Have a great week.
ReplyDelete3 months?! I wonder if there's not a lack of specialists (like here). Like Sparky said, there's so many souls hurting.
DeleteI just love your posts. Don't pick at your ankles tho!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad Tom like his new doctor tho it is a bad ride.
My dermatologist's office sees like 135 people a day.
I like to see a doctor tho and not a PA or nurse. But it is getting that way.
Have a good day!
I used to feel that way, too. I guess this is the "new normal" and I'd better get used to it.
Deleteit was a PA who found Bob's first melanoma and his 2nd, I could see nothing, but she did. and after 2 of the big M, he sees the Dr every 6 months. I find the PA are better than the doctors. the only difference in training is they did not go through the years for surgery.
DeleteI love my Blogland friends and do feel safe.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, social media tends to be toxic. I still post but not as much.
Wow, 80 patients in one day..that's a lot of pricks and pokes.
On the other hand I'm really glad you like the new doctor. It does make life easier after the twisty ride to get there.
Love your post and the "on the Other Hand" topic.
Sue
Thank you so much! 🤗
DeleteI think the story of the cell towers is balderdash or even poppycock. everyone lies now, and as for the YouTube, don't believe a word they say. only believe what you can see for yourself. its only that persons opinions. if Bob knew how to use youtube he would be blasting the world with his opinions and boy does he have them. so happy you found a doc you like, and hope they can help tom
ReplyDeleteHi, I am back, I misread the post and did not realize the cell phone was on 9/11, totally missed the date and thought that happened at the VA. I need to slow down and not state things I know nothing about.. sorry
DeleteNo worries! It was just so odd, and a bit scary. 3 of us in the office each had 3 separate cell phone providers -- yet they all went black. Pray nothing like 9/11 will ever happen again.
DeleteNot sure what happened to your cell phone/no service issue. That's strange that it went back to October! Hmmm....you may have fallen into a wormhole and went back in time for a few minutes...were you in "Brigadoon"? LOL. Crazy stuff going on out there, but we just keep plugging along and trusting the Lord for every day. Glad you found a good doctor, and I pray the road there and back won't be an issue in the future. I always enjoy your posts and this was no exception. Praying and reflecting and rejoicing...
ReplyDeleteBrigadoon, yes! 😆. I hadn't thought about that. Always praying!
DeleteYou had a cell phone on 9/11? I an trying to remember if I did. Probably, but it seems so long ago. Now that think about it, I recall some people on the planes used them to call loved ones.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe that's been so long ago!
DeleteMy phone has never done that but I can imagine how unsettling it must have been. So glad Tom's pain management injection is working for him! And that he likes the new pulmonologist. I see my dermatologist tomorrow. Always so fun. Peace!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terri! Crossing fingers and lifting prayers for a good report tomorrow.
DeleteThank you for posting! I'm glad the pain management injection helped. Hurray for the support we get in blogland!
ReplyDeleteYes!!!
DeleteI've never had that happen on my phone before. First time I've heard of it as actually being a thing. I hope Tom continues to feel better through the holidays making them more enjoyable. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ma. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well!
Deletestrange thing with your cell phone. We don't like being without them do we...I certainly do not. Just this morning, I went to Target and took my phone out of my purse to look to check a price. I laid the phone down in. the seat of the buggy and went right out and left it in the buggy. Had to drive back about 5 miles to find it, but thank goodness someone had turned it in. That is a lot of people to schedule in one day. WOW. Busy doctor's office. Hope all is well for you two.
ReplyDeleteThank God for honest citizens! I'm finding it incredibly difficult to remember a time before cellular technology existed; it's practically my lifeline.
DeleteI am behind, this lap top just dies then comes back on and says there is no internet, this goes on for long periods.. Frustrating.
ReplyDeleteBUT that aside Glad the shot is working and I smiled, thinking I was the only one with crazy wipers. My problem is I cannot remember how the silly things work. no longer a button that says WIPERS! LOL Always great to stop by your house... Hugs all round
Exactly! We need a decoder ring to operate these 'smart' cars.
Delete