But first! ... a Thanksgiving epilogue.
That's okay, the company more than made up for it. Funny to reflect, much of the conversation centered around mutual health conditions and related technology designed to make living better. (Reminds one of a certain old commercial, doesn't it!)
Would y'all please help settle an argument.
🎄
So, in less than 24 hours I'll get my Christmas mojo in gear! The tree's lurking in the hallway, and while our decorations aren't grand, the anticipation feels delicious.
Thanks to the Etsy shops' arena, I've 99% of my shopping accomplished. In some cases, sure. I occasionally pay shipping but do so gladly to avoid mingling with crowds desperately seeking Christmas joy.
It's time to pen my annual Christmas Wish List!
I never grew up believing in Santa Claus, but that didn't stop my parents from travelling to Fedway each year for the obligatory photo op.
Blessedly, my needs are few, my wants small.
For instance? This year I'd love to see ...
Turn signals/blinkers for all the poor drivers who (I'm guessing) couldn't afford them. Why else wouldn't we see them?
One dose of Zero Guilt, during and after a tower of onion rings.
(Okay then, TWO doses of No Guilt while I consume a plate of gooey nachos.)
Gotta pick my battles!
Eyes that see to drive after dark. I never dreamed I'd wake up some day to be "that person." Whaddya know!
Please, bring back Bandaids with the little red pull thread. I'm not happy having to use one to begin with ... less so, trying to open the darn things they make nowadays.
ATM's that dispense currency in 5 and 10-dollar bills. These 20's are so annoying; I was more than a little embarrassed to give the medical center valet $5 in quarters.
I know you're not a "hit man" Santa. But seriously, isn't there something you can do about the malcontents and joy squashers in Blogland who hide behind the cloak of Anonymity? (Some of you will know exactly who I'm talking about.)
Most of all! Please let all the good dogs find their own forever homes. This I ask in Jesus name, amen.
🎄
Wishing everyone a perfectly lovely evening.
For now, however, it's almost time for the Iron Bowl ... War Eagle!!!
Hugs, Myra


Love it.
ReplyDeleteYou're probably telling Santa you know he's a fake! My youngest son never believed, and we didn't force it. This was disappointing to his two older brothers, who wanted to hold it over him about being "good."
Has Anonymous visited you, too?
As for the turkey, I remember as a child eating at 2 p.m. for Thanksgiving. The table would be cleaned and picked up, but mom would return all the food to the table, use Reynolds wrap individually, and then place a clean tablecloth over everything. By 6 or 7 in the evening, those who wanted more could help themselves.
Then she'd put everything away.
No one ever got sick. I never did that and wouldn't start now. My motto, when in doubt throw it out.
"A fake" -- good one!
DeleteKnock wood, Anon's not visited my blog -- but I'm plenty put off by some of the stuff she/he's said to my friends.
Wonderful post today, Mevely. Thanx. So much to comment about:
ReplyDeleteI'd be very wary of a turkey, or any meat, that has been standing on a table for that long. In the fridge, I guess it's OK; but not on a table, even covered. Bacteria can form so fast.
The reason some drivers don't use their car blinkers/signals is because it increases their electricity bill.
I agree with you about the old style BandAid with a red string to open the packet. The current design is annoying. By the time I open the packet I have fainted because of all the loss of blood. Besides, BandAids are no good to fix a hole in the garden hose.
I wonder how much cash people use in the US. Over here the use of plastic cards is increasing all the time.
I agree, there are a number of people on Blogland, (and elsewhere), hiding behind their anonymity. Right now, there's someone following me on another social media website leaving rude/blasphemous comments on my Christian articles. I ignore them. There's no point in giving them the satisfaction of a reply.
That's all for now. Sorry it's so long but I got a lot off my chest.
God bless always, Mevely.
No apologies, my friend! I love commenters who chat.
DeleteUnlike Tom, I rarely use cash ... which I suspect began during Covid. Now, however, restaurants are adding 3% to one's bill when they pay with plastic. Even the dogs' groomer. Grrrr!
Love this fun to read post!! First of all...I am so picky about foods sitting out for any length of time and for sure when it comes to chicken or turkey. I would throw it out. My Sam would not...he eats anything. Now for Anonymous....they are so annoying and I am just going to delete their comments. And for your Christmas list.....LOVE IT!!! this is a really good list....hope you get them for Christmas..
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shug! Ya, I'm throwing the turkey out; perhaps some random fur baby at the dump will appreciate it. (LOL)
DeleteMy husband's grandmother and mother and family always left the food sit out on the dining room table (except for maybe jello or something that would possibly melt), covered with a clean tablecloth, and then reheated food for supper hours later. When I first entered the family and saw that I basically could not eat anything for supper. I was brought up to put everything away in the fridge as soon as possible. However, my husband's family must've had cast iron stomachs. They were used to that kind of eating, probably because they grew up without electricity and had cooked on wood stoves, etc. (yes, even in Florida!). Please don't tell anyone, but our remaining leftovers just went in the trash pick up today. I spent last night running to and fro to the throne, (TMI), so I decided they had to go. Nevermind that I had eaten way too much for two days in a row and my body was retaliating. Tonight we started over with fresh food! Yes, I have been bugged by some anonymous commenters. Now, some do it by accident and then they identify themselves. But those who do not identify themselves and leave no clue as to who they are are usually deleted and relegated to the "spam" file. I enjoyed your post and hearing everything about everything. But sorry, I still believe in Santa Claus. He brings me gifts every year, so how can I not believe? If you don't believe, you will just get underwear, you know! LOL.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm sorry to hear your wonderful dinner didn't agree with your tummy! Hopefully by tomorrow 'everything' will have calmed down and you're able to enjoy the day.
DeleteGiggling about the underwear. I can use some, actually!
Myra, like many above, I remember holiday meals left on the table, covered in towels, and everyone picked at the leftovers later in the day. As a former Food Manager (certified), I seem to remember that most food is okay for four hours at room temperature. The turkey was hot, so it takes awhile to get to room temperature before you start counting the time for bacteria to form. Your turkey is probably okay but eating it is up to you. I enjoyed your list and agree with you on the ATM only giving $20 bills. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteGood to know, Terri! Nope, I'm not inclined to gamble ... Mr. Turkey's going to feed the wild animals (or whatever creatures habituate the dump).
DeleteWe would probably eat the Turkey, but I NEVER give health advice that goes against someone's thoughts. And I agree, with Deb's final thought, "If in doubt, throw it out!"
ReplyDeleteMost folks of our age here have eaten food left out too long, and fortunately did not get sick.
Love ya!
Yep, we came from heartier stock!
DeletePS We run into the same situation of bills, However I would not turn down a stack or two of $20 bills as a gift. LOL But we do miss having $5 & $10 bills to use.
ReplyDeleteI find one of the Food Outlet cashiers will usually ask how we want our cash back. That's customer service!
DeleteFor poultry two hours out would be our maximum. that's interesting about restaurants and dog groomers wanting to go back to cash. We don't use either and our supermarket is happy with credit cards. I'm glad your company was good even if Publix was a disappointment.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's not what's on the table but who's around it!
DeleteI hadn't thought about BandAids with a red string in a very long time! Thanks for the memory.
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteIf the room temperature was very warm and the turkey smells funny, it might worry me. I think it will still be edible. Perhaps reheating it might kill some bacteria.
ReplyDelete?? I'm no expert.
Hey, once I cooked a turkey that had been in my freezer for over three years. It didn't taste fresh but it was edible.
If my parents didn't tell me there was no Santa when I was six, I would still believe in him. I was a gullible child.
You made me remember the year my former mother-in-law was visiting and made turkey tetrazzini out of leftovers. We politely froze it then promptly forgot ... until the following year she was visiting and discovered it. She was not a happy camper!
DeleteI made it to 79 before the not see at night thing. Now i am ok if it a well traveled street light lit path. don't dare drive somewhere at night that is not familiar. boo hoo
ReplyDeleteTOSS The TURKEY, bob would eat it. I had ONE fully cooked turkey dinner and never had anoter. I buy two rotisserie chickens and go with that
dont even get me started on Bandaids and the opening thereof. Bob used 3 to 5 a day, and I put most of them on. the bigger the cut the worse it is to open it.You probable said to Santa, I know you are not real. ha ha
Good one! Were it up to me, I'd prefer rotisserie chickens anyway.
DeleteI am ok with eating turkey whenever. Honestly, when we were growing up food was left out so folks could get whatever whenever.
ReplyDeleteI sure like to know what Publix did or didn't do. My mind is def. nosy, LOL.
I think we all have been bothered by those rude commenters. sigh. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday my friend.
I believe the pre-cooked turkey had been frozen because parts were thaw and the wings had ice all over. No worries. The biggest disappointment was the Yukon mashed potatoes and creamed spinach -- both really thin and watery. Not at all like we've enjoyed in the past.
DeleteWe always ate the turkey after it had set out for awhile. I don't think we ever threw any away. Every scrap of leftovers were always used. My grandmother always covered leftovers on the table with a clean table cloth. No one ever got sick from eating it. You are safe to eat yours, don't throw it away. Good for you getting so much of your shopping done. I'm maybe half way through. Enjoy every moment getting ready for Christmas ! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma! I can't recall either my grandmother or mother ever making a turkey.
DeleteMy guess is that the turkey is okay. As was said above, our grandparents left things out on the table much longer than today's standard rush-to-the-fridge. Sorry that Publix didn't come through, but I'm not really surprised. We went to a special turkey day at Bahama Breeze that was NOT great. Lesson learned! We're getting our Christmas decorations out, too. Is December really here???
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Myra!
How can it be December ... right? Like it or not, every day comes with its own lessons. Chin up and onward Christian soldiers!
DeleteOh, dear, don't get me started about turn signals ... lol And also folks wandering all over the road instead of paying attention. We almost died twice heading to Church yesterday because someone was heading right for us crossing the center line ... yeah, true story!
ReplyDeleteI'm a nervous nelly about food sitting out. I would toss it but I might be over reacting.
This year has gone by so fast.
Sorry you're being harassed by Anon. If there's a hyperlink to their profile, click on it and report it to Blogger. I think they can also be blocked, if I remember correctly. Hope they just go away.
Love from frozen Georgia.
... and I'll bet they were texting (or reading). Scary stuff! Thanks for the tip -- I'm not the one being harassed (yet), but I frequently see their muddy footprint on other blogs.
DeleteFun post.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I want to say sorry I was missing last week in blogland - but I was in COLD Ohio for Thanksgiving with my son's family.
Don't worry about Thanksgiving - I would toss it out - sorry - but I don't want you to take the chance of getting you sick.
I don't like Anon - you can block them or not allow them.
You never believed in Santa?
I wish for smaller denominations too.
And I have a hard time seeing at night as well.
Love, sandie
Great minds think alike! Yep, the turkey's sitting out at the curb as we speak.
DeleteSorry about the dinner. ((Hugs) Sorry about the turkey, not sure what I would have done. I have so much to do and have an ankle issue. I may not get to decorate this year. Glad you've gotten shopping done. Cute picture. A tower of onion rings is so good. I can't drive after dark. That's a good point about the ATM.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your ankle, Debby! I wonder if the greatest gift you can receive is one you give yourself -- no rules, no expectations.
DeleteI guess we are all in the same boat..when in doubt, throw it out. I never really believed in Santa or Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy but loved the idea and just went along with it for the fun of it. Being an only child made the fun traditions more important.
ReplyDeleteSorry your meal was not so wonderful..that's sad.
I sure wish they gave small bills too. Trying to use more cash nowadays.
Great post as usual.
Sue
Yes, I was an only child, too. I wonder if the traditions meant as much, if not more, to my parents. Hmmmm.
Delete