Sunday, April 21, 2024

Currently in Coosada ...

 


Hi there!


Outside my Window ... 

It's 55*, wet and windy.
A few days ago I finally broke down and turned on the AC, but I have to admit, this brief cool spell is refreshing.



In the kitchen ...

More hits n' misses.

As we speak, Tom's making up a second batch of his (about to be) famous egg salad.  Yum!  While I didn't add any food coloring to the Egglettes this time, I did enjoy the earlier 'rainbow' salads!

Just add lettuce!


On the flip side ...

I normally love my InstantPot -- not so much when preparing chicken breasts.  In spite of every how-to, it came out bland and almost rubbery.

Still, I Butterfly'd them and added sauteed spinach and alfredo sauce (as seen on FB). 
When called to come plate his supper, Tom's remark said it all:  "What am I supposed to do?"    

I sure identify with a favorite author's blog post, "Better Late than Never."
(https://jajance.com/Blog/page/4/)




At the recliner ...

I just finished reading


Billed, "#1 Best Seller!!!", it was the opening line that sealed the deal:
"One thing about me: I HATE flying."

Not halfway through, however, I should have hit the 'dele' and went in search of tastier fodder.

Nope.
Despite the implausible plot and dotty characters, there was something in the narrative than kept me keeping on.
3-1/2 out of 5* 



Grateful

..... for a wonderful Friday night 'date' with Troy and Lois at Prattville's RT Jones Golf Trail.

3 of us enjoyed salmon and grouper, but Tom's enormous chicken-fried steak stole the show.
We were so busy yakking I forgot to take pictures, but we gave the Oak Tavern 2-thumbs up.




Excited! 

... not for the 3 doctors' appointments coming up next week, but ...
 
Jennifer Rothschild's appearing in Prattville and our Bible study ladies have tickets!
When we first heard she was coming, I blurted out, "I think I've got a girl crush on her."
Said another, "I think we all do."

It's not until August, but the way this year's flying, it will be here before I know it.





Makes me smile







OK then, it's back to the recliner!

Have yourselves a great new week ...
Stay safe!


Hugs, Myra




 












  


29 comments:

  1. I agree ... running for no purpose at all is a waste of time and energy. And when you get tired, you have to go all the way back home.

    I once ran after a bus, trying to catch it. By the time it stopped I had already got home. I'd run at least half a mile. Next time I'll chase a taxi and get home faster.

    Best wishes on your doctors' appointments. Praying for y'all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scrumptious. I really need to get an InstaPot.
    If I'm running ya better have your shootin' iron ready 'cause there's something BIGGER and meaner than my Sig behind me! lol
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are still without rain but maybe a little today. hope hope and our AC has been on for 2 weeks now, but might be turned off for tomorrow and wed a COLD front coming through tonight. that means 66 when we wake up, not 72. ha ha.. the humidity will drop and that makes it feel cool.
    I laughed hard at the t-shirt because I have never jogged or ran in my entire life. not even when a child. I make egg salad like mama did, chopped eggs, sweet pickle relish, a little mustard a lot mayo. I add a couple of spoons of it to my rice pasta and that is a lunch for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. One of my worst childhood memories was being made to run around the high school track, getting a stitch in my side and being yelled at by the gym teacher. Truth!

      Delete
  5. It is 56 here this morning, which is refreshing after the past week of mid sixties up to ninety every day. To day will only reach 76. Wish we could keep it there for a while longer. I do not have an instapot and wouldn't know what to do with it either. LOL. I find I am becoming more and more like my MIL, who always said she preferred the old fashioned ways of cooking best and would always reject any new fangled items we tried to give her for gifts. I finally gave up trying to bring her into the modern world, because her food was the best! LOL. I still have her mother's very old iron skillets and I am making myself use them more and more. That along with my mother's old Revere ware copper bottom pots and pans, and one modern enamel coated skillet that cooks like a dream, I'm all set! LOL. I just don't like to cook, but I do it to survive. LOL. I love the T-Shirt. I couldn't run if I had to. Walking is sometimes an effort, but I keep trying to keep going. Glad you had some time with your kiddos. That is always a blessing! And I am happy you and your friends get to go see your "girl-crush" in August. Sounds like a wonderful outing! Okay, that's about it for today! Have a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've often wondered what became of my mother's Revere ware. At the time I didn't realize what treasures they were.

      Delete
  6. We were in the 50's here too this weekend, It was cloudy too and a storm came in the Saturday night. I was chili and put a jacket on. I prefer to be warm not cold. I never used my instant much but like the slow cooker much better. Here's hoping you have a lovely week! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. On the slow cooker, that is.
      We're warming up big time -- which unfortunately means the grass is growing like crazy -- in competition with the weeds. (*sigh*)

      Delete
  7. We've had our AC on a couple of times this year, but right now we have the heat on again. It also appears we're going to be having a cooler week, so the heat may be on for a while (at least at night).
    I've got 2 doctor's appointments this we (oh the joy of getting old).
    I love the quote on the t-shirt. I need to get a hoodie with that on it. lol
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say anything about you going to see Jennifer Rothschild. I am so excited for you to hear her live and can hardly wait for you to tell us all about it.

      Delete
  8. I have been thinking about an instapot too. We have had our a/c on. Yesterday was cool though.
    Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with family! Chicken fried streak????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you know it better as "Country Fried Steak"? Heavenly!

      Delete
  9. I've certainly been enjoying the cooler temps over here in Georgia, too, and I'm dreading when the summer heat hits the South as it always does. I'm happy that you had time with Troy and Lois over the weekend - family is the best!
    In spite of the pesky doctors' appointments, I hope you enjoy a wonderful week ahead, Myra.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! What would we do without central A/C?!

      Delete
  10. I need that Tee shirt!
    I was enjoying the warm weather and the cooler temps did not have my approval! I was tired of wearing long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally love this post. You definitely have a way with words.
    Now I'm hungry for egg salad sandwiches..yummm
    Glad you had a great time over the weekend. All my big plans for things to do today..bombed..Wasn't feeling 100% so I just piddled around all day. Now its on to dinner and to get ready for our Zoom call Faith based photo club.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! Your Zoom calls sound like such fun.

      Delete
  12. Okay I had to smile, I love Brother Tom more and more, "What am I supposed to do?" ........

    A few times i have actually closed a book I wAS READING AND NEVER OPENED IT AGAIN. But many times, one character will keep me turning pages. LOL'
    Great GRaphic!! you done good!
    Love ya & him!
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever read any of Jonathan Kellerman's books? I think he has the best characters ... the way he 'fleshes them out' on the page.

      Delete
  13. So much going on. Glad the air helped. The egg salad looks yummy. Sorry about the chicken. Glad you had a nice evening out. Your dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that t-shirt!! Hope the doctor's appointments went well (or go well)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!