G'morning, y'all!
I think Flora-the-Flu bug finally got the message she's not welcome and went back to h*** where she belongs. Gosh golly. I've not been sidelined like that in many years -- and this, even after having had the flu vax.
Anyway! The sun's shining brightly and I'm ready to carpe the heck out of the diem. Let's play The Hodgepodge!
🌞
This week Joyce asks --
What kind of thinker are you: Doer (concrete thinking), Analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), Orator (logical thinking), Inventor (imaginative thinking) or Original Thinking (creative)? What makes you say so?
You can try this little quiz (link HERE) to help with your answer.
Ha ... surprised myself!
Reading each choice, I guessed 'Analyst' -- but no.
Doer - 38%
Analyst - 13%
Orator - 63%
Inventor - 50%
Original Thinker - 75%
I'd love to hear yours!
Do you own a crock pot, air fryer and/or Instapot? Do you leave said small appliance(s) sitting out? How often do you use it/them? Favorite thing to make in one of these?
We've all 3, but a 'hard no' to sitting out.
Our kitchen counter space is pretty lame.
The crock pot and Instapot get used weekly. My go-to is a Mississippi Pot roast in the former, but I'm putting together a chicken chile chowder this evening.
I desperately wanted the air fryer, but now I'm not a fan. Cleaning and trying to de-grease the insides? Honestly it makes me want to kick it to the curb.
What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things?
.....Beans don't belong in chile
..... Regardless what the 'under 40' set say, 2 spaces still belong after a period
Describe the view from your window.
All this land belongs to the adjacent Chapman Christian Academy, so there's no immediate fear of development. Plus, the school itself is only open 1/2 days, 4 days a week.
You can see from the first photo above, there's still a large undeveloped parcel to our right. That used to scare me a bit in the long winter nights, but now I love the quiet.
Do you have a favorite brand? Explain.
There's many to which I'm loyal:
Bounty, Charmin, Duke's, JIF ...
... but for today I'm going with Volkswagen. Specifically, my little Taos. I love its maneuverability; and like the Jetta before, I can turn on a dime with only an index finger on the wheel. Wheeee!
Insert your own random thought here.






I think the cleaning is why I've hesitated to get an air fryer. Reading answers today it seems like people really enjoy and use theirs, but I'm not quite sold yet. Glad you're feeling better. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Joyce! 🤗
DeleteI enjoyed this today and your sense of humor! Did you test for Covid - I am just getting over it. A lot like the flu! I hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteYes, the Walgreens Pharmacy tech did a test for Covid + Flu A/B. It felt more like strep than anything else.
DeleteI love my air fryer and use it every day, though most of the time I use it as a small convection oven rather than ton "fry" anything. Mine never leaves the counter, but I do have a fairly large kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI took the test and am 0% analyst. Not surprising!
I wish we'd have held out for one of those combo ovens!
DeleteI am cracking up at your cartoons. I do believe someone is peeking into my life..haha... the elevator one especially. Its like the button to push when wanting to cross the street ..ONE time just isn't enough..HaHa...
ReplyDeleteI use my crock pot and instant pot on a regular basis. the instapot is on our counter in the corner because there is no room for it any place else.
Need to go and take the test too.
Sue
I was glad to see on that 'toon' I'm not the only one!
DeleteWell, I took the test..It was difficult to make the answer True or False..no in between...here are my results:
ReplyDeleteDoer 88%
Analyst 13%
Orator 38%
Inventor 88%
Original Thinker 38%
Not too surprising but I don't think I am as strong as they say in some of the questions.
Fun anyhow
Oh I forgot to say in my previous comment that I'm glad you are feeling better..The Flu is awful.
Sue
That was a fun test, wasn't it? At first I was trying to make the results add up to 100%, but I get what they mean (I think).
DeleteYikes, where did my first comment go? I guess it went to outer space.
ReplyDeleteSue
I found 'em! That happens to me more often than I'd like to admit.
DeleteHere's my results. Interesting!
ReplyDeleteHere is how much you scored for every type:
Doer: 88%
Analyst: 50%
Orator: 63%
Inventor: 75%
Original Thinker: 38%
Not sure what all that really means...at this stage in life what difference does it really make? I'm not going to do any of those things probably anyway! LOL. I love the view from your front window! thank you for sharing it with us! I had no idea you lived in such a lovely country setting! I am sorry to hear you had the flu! That is NO fun. We don't do flu vax's and thankfully we rarely if ever have gotten the "flu". We might get a cold or something of that nature, but (knock on wood, not that I'm superstitious, but just in case) we haven't had the flu in years. Thank the Lord! I pray you feel much stronger and stay well from now on! I don't have an air fryer and probably wouldn't know what to do with it, and now that I hear it has to be "degreased", I know I don't want one! LOL I do use my crock pot periodically but probably not as much as I should. I need to plan ahead better to have things ready to put in it on time! I loved your funny memes, esp. about turning over like a rotisserie chicken every few minutes...yep! That's me! LOL. Hip, shoulder, arm, neck, tummy, you name it, gotta keep on moving! When I get up the pain mostly goes away. I think I need a new mattress, but how do you know until you sleep on it if it will be any better? I enjoyed your post as always. I hope you have a great rest of your week!
Thanks, Pam! I've come really close to investing in a new bed -- but like you, I wonder if that's really a magic bullet and I might have saved $$$.
DeleteI like your answers and analysis about thinking. I did the test and was told I am not a thinker at all, I am easily distracted, and I stop thinking in mid ...
ReplyDeleteWhere was I? Oh yes ... glad you told me about the air-fryer. We were thinking of buying one but now have second thoughts.
And I so agree about your chilli con carne. Why do they put beans in it? I like baked beans but not beans in chilli.
I once stood by the elevator waiting for it to arrive. After a few minutes someone arrived and asked me, "Did you press the button?" I said, "No ... I am using mind control to call the elevator".
God bless, Mevely.
Like parlor games, these tests are fun but I'm too old to put much faith in the results. Please don't let my thoughts on the air fryer dissuade y'all; there's so many different kinds, we probably just picked the wrong one.
DeleteWe have limited counter space, too, Myra, so all our extras are stored elsewhere. I used to us my crockpot all the time, but with a smaller household to feed and Danny doing such awesome cooking, I rarely use it anymore. The exception will be this weekend when we take Danny's Brunswick stew to our church for our monthly lunch together. Such a great way to keep foods warm.
ReplyDeleteYes, the view from your window is so calm and peaceful . . .
Blessings!
Oh, I do love me some Brunswick stew (or, what they call it here, "Camp stew.") I've never tried making it at home, but I'll bet his is amazing.
DeleteAmen to two spaces after a period. Your post has the second mention of the Mississippi Pot Roast, I'm going to have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI finally did the test:
ReplyDeleteDoer: 100%
Analyst: 75%
Orator: 50%
Inventor: 88%
Original Thinker: 75%
I'm not verbose at all but I do get things done. I even get others work done. LOL
We have a very used crockpot but nothing else. Been meaning to get an Instapot or Deep Fryer. Don't know where I'd put it in our tiny kitchen but it would come in handy.
Glad you're feeling better. I stay away from all jabs now. I think they all make us sick. Just my 2 cents plus tax.
Blessings. xx
I need some of your get-r-done! 😉
DeleteHello Myra, So sorry to hear about that flu that got to you. Glad you are feeling better. Those trees out your window are a pretty sight. Chicken Chili chowder sounds real good. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ellen!
DeleteMy air fryer is fairly new. I got the parchment liners and haven't made anything that has caused it to be hard to clean. I agree with you on the two spaces after a period!! I can't do it any other way! LOL
ReplyDeleteI never heard of parchment liners! What model is your fryer, Terri?
DeleteWe haven't used our gas stove for years, we had them turn off the gas to it. For years we used a micro-convection oven, but they're too heavy for us to lift now so we use an Instant Pot and a microwave.
ReplyDeleteThat works, too!
DeleteOMG the 60's/70's I must have inhaled enough aqua net to cause my memory problems I am having now. Now I know why my brain is shot.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ho ho it is NOT chili if it is not full of light and dark kidney beans... and no hot stuff, mild only. love your view and what you said is why i don't have a instapot and the reason my crockpot is only used 6 times a year.
Tom might divorce me if he found a bean in his food. (lol) Shortly after moving in '68, I learned Texans don't/won't/shouldn't ever put beans in their chile.
DeleteI agree 100% on the 2 spaces after a period. If it were up to me there would be no beans in the chili either. However, hubby makes it and he likes the beans and as long as I'm not making it, I can take them. lol Love my crockpot, but I wish I hadn't bought the air fryer. We've used it like twice.
ReplyDeleteLove a man who cooks!
DeleteYes to two spaces!!! Makes it easier to read instead of the new way where it's all jumbled up. I am a dyed in the wool bean chili fan though.
ReplyDeleteDon't you wonder whoever came up with that silly new rule?
DeleteLove it, We have lots of kitchen helps but I now am a slow cooker kind of guy, I was for years the Pressure cooler cheer leader, BUT...
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your responses and my visits here....
jack with Love to you and bro Tom...