Helllllo from soggy central Alabama!
![]() |
| Shall we? So, the weather people are calling this a Fake Spring. Judging from all the flooding and internet outages, however, I'm hoping for a good drought. So, what's happening in my neck of the woods? Not much. I've been ... Practicing ..... Remedial skin care.Like my father before me, the skin on my fingers tends to crack and bleed in cold weather. I've taken to dipping my hands in coconut oil then wearing mittens to bed ... so Macie Ann doesn't O.D. or wear out her little tongue. My goodness, but she loves that stuff! Loving This blast from the past.My friend recently shared on FB and since, I've been playing it over and over. And over. Honestly, it doesn't seem so long ago I (might have) called these fellows "dreamy." Don't forget the lyrics! Appreciating The Dollar Tree... eyeglasses, pen light and super strong magnet clips. Since last year's cataract surgery doesn't seem to have been worth a darn, I'm always having to find my glasses to read a label or grab a flashlight from the sunroom to fill the reservoir. Little things mean a lot! Reading/Listening to Sean Dietrich's Kinfolk Set in 1970's Alabama, it's a "... song-turned-story about found family, second chances, country music and the poignant power of love and forgiveness." I'm not half-way through, but like the author himself, I'm pretty sure this is a winner. Realizing This year's not even a month old, but. Good intentions aside, I've no sparkly clean closets, no unnecessary pounds lost ... not even a trip to see what really is Aldi's "aisle of shame." |




I had the lens replacement cataract surgery around 2012 or so. Mine really aren't worth a darn either. I still have to wear Readers or I can't see a cotton pickin' thing up close.
ReplyDeleteY'all watchin' the news? Wow about Texas vs The Puppet-in-chief, right?! It's gotten real. I'm proud that our State of Georgia Governor Kemp has taken a stand with Texas.
It's wet here too. I wouldn't mind a little "drought" myself.
Blessings xx
Color me Proud to stand with the State of Texas. Georgia, too!
DeleteLOLOLOL on the last thought...girl, the last 3 days have been so hot and humid here in central Florida, so unlike January. I'll take a redo please, LOL.
ReplyDeleteSomeone must have read our minds ... there's a wicked cold front coming this way and I think it's headed your direction next.
DeleteI agree about January and the same may be true for February... or I might just say the first quarter. Haha! I so love Sean Dietrich!! Wishing you a blessed Sunday, Myra! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear friend!
DeleteI think it is still 2023. January has not yet heralded this new year it seems. It's cold, damp, grey, wet, the garden is soggy, the dog brings in dirt on his feet into the house, the birds sit in a circle on the empty bird table eating strong mints to keep warm, the cats don't even bother climbing trees any more, the fish in the pond and the tortoise are still hibernating and January drags on.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
That almost sounds like a Dickens setting. The sort that makes me want to pull up my scarf.
DeleteLove that meme, Myra!
ReplyDeleteHusband, Danny, really needs your prayers. We are here in St. Simon's to attend my SIL's mother's memorial service when his pacemaker went nuts. I had to call 911. He is now at the local hospital here, stabilized, but may have to have the pacemaker replaced before we can return home. I thank you so much for those prayers for healing!
Praying boldly, Martha. Please keep us up to date, as you're able.
DeleteI think we are in for some rain storms tonight and colder temps again starting tomorrow for a few more days. I'll be happy for a few more cool days. Not ready for summer already. Oh, my hands and feet get really dry in the winter also. I try to keep lotion on them, but it doesn't always work. Never thought about wearing gloves , etc. Maybe I should try that. Although the past few days they've been fine because it got so warm and humid again! I hope you stay safe in the soggy weather, and enjoy whatever good things come your way. I think I am ready for February. January has been strange.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Sandra (Mad Snapper) actually PM'd me to recommend Chap Stick. Who'd have guessed?!
DeleteUgh! If January is a free trial month, I'm cancelling my subscription. I do not want any more months like it.
ReplyDeleteMe, too!
Deletethecontemplativecat here. Here in S.Calif. we have had days of rain. It is wonderful, since this is a desert environment. No snow, thankfully.
ReplyDelete👍
DeleteSuper idea to use those magnets. I wear my glasses as soon as I get out of bed, but flashlights are stashed all over the house. I have two on the kitchen counter by the phone, one bright one that could bring down a plane, for midnight adventures in the back yard with Beau, a small one to see the writing on on the scale, and the temp on the thermometer. walk 20 steps and there is a small one behind the tv, to see the thermostat. and that is with wearing trifocals.
ReplyDeleteI listened to the song and have not heard it before. it is really good. you have rain, we have none. and sadly lacking sunshine for almost two weeks until the last 2 days it went to high 80's and ac had to come on and now we are headed to 50 tomororw and the next few days.
I love those magnets -- so unlike the flimsy kind that used to regularly fall off the refrigerator face.
DeleteJanuary here has certainly seen some ups and downs. The temperature freezing cold one week and wet and soggy the next. The weather can't seam to settle down to one or the other. Rain pouring down today but colder over night so it will change to snow. I can hardly wait for Spring when I'll move to Texas! Keep safe and dry there! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for this new season in your life!
DeleteI smiled at the first photo - - I had a cup of Cafe Vienna this morning. Winter can really cause painful fingers (among.other skin problems). My fingers often crack and bleed.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great idea for January to be a trial month.....and perhaps February.....?
I tried something new and mixed the Cafe Vienna with my (mostly untouched) soy milk. Delish!
DeleteOh my goodness - my cataracts didn't make a big difference either in seeing.
ReplyDeleteI am starting my new year in February too!
I love, love, love the Dollar Tree or Dollar and a Quarter Tree.
It was so warm last week and today with the wind it is cold!
Stay warm.
You, too, Sandie! 🤗
DeleteI am so glad that January is a trial month! I love that!! I'm sorry your cataract surgery didn't work well. Did you have it done in Birmingham? I do like Dollar Tree glasses!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking, Lisa. No, I had it done here at ITEC.
DeleteI really like your idea of January being a trial month...Good intentions gone to "pot"...Ok, I have a few more days before I have to get down to business again.
ReplyDeleteHope your weather dries out a bit too. Today we have a crystal clear day with promises of the temps. going to 70F and then on Friday back down to 45F and rain. No wonder my throat gets scratchy this time of year.
I still have Sean Dietrich's book on my to order list. I sure like his style. Hopefully in the new month this will happen.
I Enjoy your blog a lot.
Have a great day.
Sue
I forgot to say that I love the Maxwell International coffees too. My favorite is the French Vanilla one, which I'm going to have as soon as I finish this comment. It is getting harder to find in my stores and when I do the cost has gone up a whole dollar.. Lots of money for a little "can". Last time I paid $3.98 for my guilty pleasure.
DeleteSue
I'm bad about monitoring the cost of goods, but nearly fainted this morning when I saw a package of rainbow peppers for $8.+. Plus, it's almost impossible to find sodium free goods. Glad I'm not a grocer ... lol.
DeleteI like that...January is just a trial month. lol Hope you have a good day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy. You, too!
DeleteWe have rain coming Friday and Saturday. Stay safe. Hope that helps your fingers. Thanks for sharing the song. Way to go Dollar Store! I'm all for February being a new start.
ReplyDeleteI like that free trial idea! Oh here comes February. Praying for no blizzards as we make out way to see that cutie patootie grandson of ours. We leave end of month and spend a few days in March. Hoping to return in the autumn too. God willing. Weather has been wicked everywhere. My sis lives in Pueblo West, Colorado where it is like a desert. Yet snow, blizzard like cold and conditions and schools closed. I know we have had wicked cold. I hope my photo came over for you earlier today. Take care and enjoy February maybe the Spring like weather will return without too much water.
ReplyDeleteI keep a flashlight and magnifying glass near at all times. AND yes, I've had cataract surgery too, still need the help of those items to see anything small. {{sigh}} We had a lot of rain last week, the past few days have been nice. Have a great weekend☺♥
ReplyDelete