Friday, December 1, 2023

Free Range Friday

 

...  which is just another way of saying my mind's all over the place!



Outside my window

Not an hour ago I peeked out back and may have uttered an HBO word.  Night before last our girls were giving chase to a little armadillo out back and now I'm wondering ...

It's mighty pretty, but still gives me the creeps.  Scat!



In the kitchen

https:www.maebells.com/cheesy-Rotel-chicken-soup/

If it were up to me, I'd be making this tonight
... but I did something similar yesterday and Tom prefers more variety.


Bummed


Ever get to feeling this way?
I woke up believing our new clothes dryer was being delivered today.  When the salesman said, "Is Friday good?" we nodded enthusiastically.   According to Lowe's robot, it's next Friday.




Intrigued

Most times I enjoy being asked for my opinion ... don't you?

So when I saw on Kathy's blog I could participate in surveys -- and perhaps get paid for doing so -- I jumped to sign up with Esearch.com


I'm pretty sure it's not entirely Family Feud specific ... but Tom and I often watch and ask outloud, "Where on earth do they find these 100 people? (... who gave that #?#* response?)"




One more!

Do you Spotify?

My son sometimes tells us about podcasts he's found of interest -- most recently on that platform.

I signed up for the 'free' portion of that platform -- and while I've not checked out any of the podcasts, it's neat to identify singers/songs I enjoy, then stream them at will.

Like having a miniaturized Alexa (a juke box, even!) in the palm of my hand wherever I go!



💛


Well, my Autumn decor's not going to put itself away.
It makes me so sad, but it's time for copper to make way for crimson, and all things Jolly and Bright! 


Thanks so much for visiting!

Hugs, Myra




PS -
That dang owl is back and giving me an Evil Eye.  Aren't they supposed to hunt at night?   Is this an omen do you suppose?







31 comments:

  1. don't worry too much about the owl. Maybe he liked armidillo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks good. I'm in the mood for soup...tis the season. I love Spotify and just recently started using it again. Only the free stuff for me too. Is the bird on the fence and owl? Is that what you're talking about? I think it looks like a hawk. Whatever, it has beautiful feathers. I've got my fall down and am in slow process of putting up the Christmas. Have a great day Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm grateful for sharp-eyed blog pals! Today's 'tree' day, but I'm going to procrastinate a little while longer.

      Delete
  3. That is a red shouldered hawk, and he usually hunts in the daytime. I don't know that he would hurt your doggies, as they are probably too big for him to manage. He's got his eye on things like moles and mice and snakes and little birds. I wouldn't worry about him. We have some here who fly in and out all day long, looking for the perfect snack. I love that soup dish...that really looks good to me! Oh, I am SO sorry you have to wait another week for your dryer! Do you have a clothesline in the meantime? I know from recent experience with our washing machine issues that it's no fun to get our regular washing routine messed up! (which, btw, I've finally figured out the new machine and I am actually enjoying it! Hooray!). I hope you have a blessed and wonderful weekend in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good info, Pam! So glad your new washer's behaving and you're spare any more stress. I've no clothesline out back, but make do with smaller loads and a big wooden drying rack out in the sun room.

      Delete
  4. the bird at the top, looks like a hawk, not and owl or armadillo. do you have all three? did you wear your glasses? now my mind is all over the place. hawks and owls can and will pick up your girls and fly away, if its dusk for dawn, go out with them. Hawks fly anytime. Love from your
    doomsday gal pal.

    I can not watch or listen to books or anything other than a few TV shows, no pod casts or youtube, I have troubled listening to sermons in church, always have. I have often wondered who does those questions also.. i think the writers make it all up and there is no real people answering. TV makes me crazy, so now after we watch The Voice, Dancing with the Stars we are watching old Seinfeld series. we are halfway through season 3, with 7 seasons. some nights we laugh until I cry. I don't do history, documentaries, nothing but FICTION, pure fiction. I do like Historical fiction, true crime fiction, some of it. of course bob loves what i hate and i hate what he loves... always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I 'borrowed' one of Tom's old lengths of pipe to use just in case; our girls never go out without Tom or I watching them.

      Delete
  5. Armadillos? In Alabama?? I never knew. But, of course, I never knew there are lizards in Tennessee. Yup, right in my back yard.
    I've never seen an owl in daylight.
    Daylight Savings Time must have screwed him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds plausible! I never considered myself a 'city girl' until moving to Alabama.

      Delete
  6. MadSnapper is right. It looks like a hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Armadillos have been expanding their range, and are even in Missouri now. Thanks for the mention. I hope you eventually get one of the 'Feud' surveys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That soup looks good!! I'm so silly... I bought a 10 pound turkey and just roasted it today so I can have turkey leftovers!! I giggled at your HBO word reference!! I'll be using it!! Happy weekend! I'm removing fall and putting up Christmas too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I much prefer turkey leftovers to the main event -- cold with lots of mayo on dark bread.

      Delete
  9. Yes, that soup looks good! I love soups this time of year. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. That creature on your fence is definitely not an armadillo. It looks like some kind of bird to me ... ... ... ooops, yes it is. You said it's an owl. Where's the armadillo?

    It's good you joined the Family Feud panel. Now you can really upset the program by giving strange and weird answers.

    "What is the best present you've ever had?"

    "A combine-harvester!"

    That would really confuse the people setting the questions for the program.

    Is it me, or are all the days blending into one? It is Saturday morning here. What day is it where you are?

    God bless a;ways, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way your mind works, Victor! Presently it's 8:27 Saturday morning in Alabama, USA. Time for more coffee!

      Delete
  11. If it's a Barred Owl, Myra, they are known for moving around in the daytime, too. We see them around here quite often. I used to watch Family Feud back in the day, and I do wonder where and how they interview the folks who give the answers to be tallied up. And I often forget what day of the week it is. Should I be worried?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, that would scare me with the armadillo. That soup sounds delicious. Darn, you have to wait until next Friday on the dryer. I do not
    Spotify. I'm lucky to read posts, facebook and do things around the house. All I know about owls is that I would always have Skye on a leash outside at night. I do hear them hooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I'd fall atop my pups before I'd let them come to any harm!

      Delete
  13. Enjoyed the visit I don't think I spotify, I don;t know what I do most of the time. ;-) Lately for sure.
    ;-O

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol on the owl...no...actually I think it's rather a good thing. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, it is that time of year again to decorate. Good luck with the critters in your back yard, Good to keep an eye out on the dogs. I always did with mine when I had them too. One of my son's and his son helped me with that this year. I'm so thankful for all the help I get. I can't do much on my own anymore. You seem to be much better than I am. Enjoy your Christmas there ! Love, ma.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The owl is cool!! I don't think he will bother you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!