Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday, Monday

 

"Angels we have heard on high ...."





G'morning ... how the heck are you?

In 'prep' for tomorrow's procedure, already I'm craving coffee ... solid food.   And it's not even 9 o'clock!  (*sigh*)   
Since there's little likelihood either one's going to magically appear, I can't think of a next best thing than visiting with y'all!


Saturday morning's tea was fun!   
When g'friend, Deborah, invited me to the BTS brunch I was more than a little apprehensive.   What do I have in common with ladies who create Beautiful Table Settings ... who know one china pattern from the next?    

And, if I'm being honest, I envisioned more than a few looking over the tops of their glasses.  (Know what I mean?)

Thankfully, nothing could be farther than the truth.  Most were regular fun-loving types ..... like one who saw me trying to decide what cookie to add on my plate:  "Take that over there; I marinated the nuts in bourbon for 32 hours."  

Deborah did a presentation on her capitol experience when, in 2017, she and 50-some others were chosen as volunteers to decorate the White House for Christmas.   Despite the fact that tree-decorating is one of my least-favorite activities in the world, I was hanging on every word.  

Fascinating to learn all the rules and regulations they had to adhere to.  Humorous stories too.  (Like the delegate from Colorado they were trying to hook up with a cute Secret Service agent.)

There were dozens of images, but here's a few.  You'll have to click on each one to see clearly.  Sorry!

Directed, they'd stand on ladders sprinkling 'snow' from little measuring cups.  "A little more to the middle." ... "No, that's too much."
Learning of all the work involved, I wouldn't have lasted a day.

Here's Deborah with the White House Chief Decorator and one of his employees.

... and the Lady herself, arriving at the volunteers' reception to say 'thank you.'


❄️



I could have cheerfully hung around the buffet, consuming the rest of those bourbon-y cookies, but no.

Mid-afternoon we met up with my favorite birthday people at our favorite Japanese grille.

(Grand-girl) Chloe and Robert

I'm kicking myself for not getting more photos, but was more consumed with getting to know Chloe's new beau and stuffing my mouth with yummy hibachi-grilled salmon and rice. 

Lois, Tom and Troy


Once home I planted myself on the love seat and fell fast asleep.  You've heard of a carbohydrate coma?
Old age ain't for sissies!
(But it beats the alternative.)

❄️




Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to be back online in a couple of days.
'Til then, please take care of yourself!

Hugs, Myra























 








    






22 comments:

  1. I agree 100%...getting old is definitely not for sissies! I've never had bourbon cookies before...and for that matter I've never had bourbon before. lol I would have loved to have been there for that talk about decorating the White House. I hope all goes well with the procedure and you will be totally back to normal on Wednesday. Take care my friend and I'll say a prayer for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy! Here's a link to HGTV's coverage of the 2017 experience. I haven't watched it yet, but it's on my list!
      https://www.hgtv.com/shows/white-house-christmas-2017/episodes/white-house-christmas-2017

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'll be brutally blunt - - I'll help decorate the White House tree when we have another President. The holidays would be more tolerable if bourbon was added to everything (food and drink).
    I'm in a humbug mood today.
    Take care, my positive thoughts are always with you.
    The angels are sweet. We need more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Jon -- this was back in 2017 when Trump was in office. Deborah even offered that more than one SS agent remarked what a 'nice change' their administration was.
      More bourbon for the masses!

      Delete
  3. I am praying all goes well for your procedure. I cannot imagine helping to decorate the White House. What a privilege that would be! Glad you had such wonderful company to go to lunch with. I can relate to that coma. It doesn't take a lot for me to sit in my chair and fall fast asleep! Blessings and joy to you my friend! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your good health, Mevely. Take care.

    Thank you for a lovely post today, I've never been good at decorations; especially the Christmas tree. I leave that joy to others whilst I sit back keeping company to a drink or two.

    God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, neither Tom nor I are fond of decorating ... and the girls are too short. Thus, a pre-lit tree with a rag-doll angel topper!

      Delete
  5. finally you have shown something with all the gals at church that i would have enjoyed, I did see a tv special in the past about the decorating of the white house. I could not do it but i like seeing/hearing about it. yum on the food and i would like to tr the habachi, they did not have them befoer Bob, and After Bob he refuses to go.
    Chloe is beautiful and good shot of Tom and his family. hurry back, watch out for another coma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved hearing the back stories; how nice the SS and Marine guards were. Deborah said, Melania (Trump) is even more beautiful in person.
      When I get back down there, let's you and I find a hibachi grill for lunch!

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a good weekend. Now get your procedure over so you can enjoy some holiday foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like someone saying "No" to make me hangry!

      Delete
  7. I know I would have enjoyed that session with the decorating geniuses, Myra, especially since it was Trump's Christmas. And I don't know how Melania could be more lovely in person; she's always beautiful and elegant!
    Sounds like you're prepping for surgery??? How can I pray?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I think Deborah was referring to those celebrities who look so different when they're spotted out in the 'real world.'

      Delete
  8. How interesting!! I would have enjoyed that "tea" as well. Thanks for sharing, Myra!! As for the nap, when you can sneak one in.... do it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thumb's up! I'm about to find a quilt and do just that.

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing that! It's fascinating. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!