G'morning, all!
Our weekend was pretty enjoyable
(translation: low-key).
Generally, I don't like to be out and about on the weekend ... leaving the 9-to-5'ers ample elbow room. Since Tom was feeling well enough to accompany me, we headed for a favorite thrift shop. And another.
Not sure if I told you, but we gave son and Lois our fiberglass table and chairs that once belonged to my mother. (Lots of hours spent sitting there, sipping wine and nibbling while she and I tried solving all the world's problems.) So glad to keep it in the family!
It's not like Tom and I spend much time in the sunroom ..... but man, I've a mighty itch to find just the right something to occupy this space.
Honestly, I don't know what I want ... but I'll know it when I see it. (Know what I mean?)
♨️
We'd made plan to grill Italian sausages after church, but the heat and humidity was too much. "Disrespectful", so says the weather girl.
Tom slept while I had a nice long phone chat with Troy and Lois.
Next thing I know there came a big bang of thunder, it felt like the whole house trembled. (Thank goodness for a Kindle that entertains when TV and Internet go kaput!)
We lucked out, but nearby Jackson Lake Island not so much.
One of the homes at Lake Jackson Island (Big Fish movie set) was struck by lightning.







Happy 4th of July to you! I love this holiday! How nice you could help out your son and DIL with the gift of a table, especially one with warm memories.
ReplyDeleteGoing to the lake this time of year is delightful and usually a little cooler too! We've had a lot of thunder here too. More rain than we need too. Hope you enjoy a happy weekend ! Love, ma
Thanks, Ma ..... Happy 4th!
DeleteCute goats!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th. 🎇
Aren't they adorable?
DeleteGlad to hear you got to go Thrift Shopping together. Love the goat picture. Happy to hear you were okay through the storm and the Kindle in electric outages is wonderful. Take care my friend and hope you have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cathy ... y'all do the same!
DeleteThe storms have certainly been wild in the South this spring/summer, haven't they? The photos of the goats and the otter sure made me smile! Have a wonderful 4th, Myra, and celebrate our country!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely sobering! The resident goats are a huge draw; I think 35 were born already this Spring.
DeleteHappy 4th of July to you and yours, Mevely.
ReplyDeleteIt's good the goats hid in the church. They're often mentioned in the Bible you know.
Also, you mention putting the world problems right, sitting round the table with your Mom. Reminds me of our gatherings as a family round our table discussing this and that. I like my family. If it was not fro my family I'd be arguing with perfect strangers.
As for the table, for a while my wife did not know what table to pick for that special place. Just as you say. So for a few weeks, when we had guests, I used to go down on all fours on the floor and use my back as a serving table. I was glad when she found the right piece of furniture.
Women !!!
Keep smiling and God bless.
Hahahahaha! Wishing you a blessed day.
DeleteHappy 4th of July to you! Very nice you gave your table to the kids. We have been having storms here too. I agree it is so hot and it hard to grill outside. lol Glad the goats were okay there.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th! Yes, everyone was concerned about the resident goats. They're so cute. If you'd like to see more, here's a link to their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/JacksonLakeIsland/
DeleteI love that otter and her baby! Terrible fire!! I hope you find the perfect table!! Do please keep us posted!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteYou betcha! (Thanks for asking!)
DeleteI enjoy hearing about you and Tom's life in Alabama. I know exactly what you meant when you wished for that perfect find, coffee table. Happy Fourth to you both. Stay safe in the summer storms.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Mary!
DeleteWishing you luck finding the perfect table.
ReplyDeleteI almost wish I had not seen today's post because I never knew before today how much I need a Knight in armor on a horse. Tonight I will be looking all over my house for a proper place to display it!
LOLOLOL!
DeleteLove the otter picture, and the goats too! And the horse ride too. So glad the lightning strike didn't hurt any animals or people. I hope you find what you are looking for for that space. I am sure something will pop up that you will know is exactly right! Just take your time and you will be surprised. Have a blessed and wonderful 4th of July! Let Freedom Ring!!
ReplyDeleteI know, right? If only I can remain patient. *sigh*
DeleteI definitely listen to rooms and spaces when I am looking for decor. Of course, the nutty old bat in me also listens to cars, animals, and clothing, among other things. LoL...
ReplyDeleteCertainly good to hear Mr. Tom was feeling well enough to accompany you to the thrift stores. So sad that someone lost their home in the storms. We've had some "odd" weather around here as well.
Grace & Peace,
Pam
You know, that's exactly what our real estate agent said. Why, perhaps, when I was looking for a condo (years ago) and walked in what was probably the 100th look-see, I didn't get half-way before turning and saying, "This is it."
DeleteHave a great Fourth!
ReplyDeleteI hope you and Andy will, too!
DeleteStarting with a goat, ending with Otterm Mom and her baby made my day. I love furry creatures. I can't rememer seeing the table and chairs, it is the 60's look that I see in mymind? show us the whole room and we can all give you ideas for what to put there. I happen to LOVVVVVVVVVeeee telling people what to do!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you asked! I'm leaning towards a big overstuffed chair and side table, but we'll have to see.
Deleteforgot to say so sorry about the Big Fish house. ugh on the lightning strike and booms.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness none of the goats were harmed!
DeleteWe need to revise our wills as well. You know, since Liam passed on...there is no one left to pass anything too. Which is kind of sad if you think about it. sigh. ANYWAYS, wishing you a beautiful July 4.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and Dave will, too!
DeleteI read about the Big Fish house on al.com. How sad! I think our wills are in good shape but I'm sure they will need updating at some point. Were you able to get someone to check out your car?
ReplyDeleteNot yet, but it's on the List.
DeleteGlad the goats and I hope, everyone else did okay. I redid my will last year and now I'm thinking of changes to make again. I put it off for awhile, but it felt good to get it done.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it, tho'! Happy Birthday!
DeleteGlad the goats are ok. We willbe getting the heat starting next week. We have had 70-80 temps and rain nearly every day. Two of my 4 tomato plants are popping up with tomatoes. Cars woes, ugh....and we just heard car prices are on the rise. My car is runing, thanks to Jake installing a new ignition switch but Avery's car has a glitch that is slowing it down so eric our regular mechanic can;' get him in til next Thursday. So I am still without a car. But working around the house so I am ok with it. Prayers for both you and Tom take care.
ReplyDeleteYes, we were watching footage of your weather on last night's newscast. What a crazy year. Jake is a gem!
Delete