Hello friends!
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who inwardly groans when invited to a friend's 'product party'? At one time or another I owned cupboards-full of Tupperware. Decor by Home Interiors.
Then last month, an invite to attend an on-line Pampered Chef party hosted by a dear lady from church. What to do but smile and say "Yes, I'd love to participate."
Going in, I knew Pampered Chef products aren't inexpensive. Still, I found this microwave popcorn maker -- rationalizing the $ I'd be saving by not buying those bags containing gosh-knows what, masquerading as butter.
Ta-dah!
😋
Dear Tom,
You knew, didn't you, I'd be clamoring to check-out Buc-ee's when they recently opened in Auburn.
Except! Despite the promise on their webpage: "Potty like a Rock Star" you informed me "I'm not driving an hour to go look at a toilet."
"OK, then. I'll just drive myself."
It wasn't a couple days later you allowed (that) a little road trip might be fun.
The web refers to Buc-ees as a convenience store. Well, ya. But that's like calling the Grand Canyon a hole in the ground.
We did save 19-cents a gallon on gas, but. Along with hordes of fellow curiosity-seekers, I found myself cheerfully throwing money at over-priced food and merchandise.
We indulged in giant brisket and pulled pork sandwiches; Tom couldn't resist their freshly made 'real' potato chips. Truth be told, I could have filled my cart.
Complimentary coffee flavoring. Nice touch, don't you think?
Besides the fudge-making ladies there were rows upon rows of salt-water taffy ... wax bottles ... honey ...
.... and more kinds of jerky than I knew existed!
And yes, their claim to fame is right. I've never seen so many individual 'potty suites', nor a cleaner restroom.
I doubt we'll be taking time to come back, but oh what fun experience! (#7 of 52's in the book - whoop!)
😘
All's not sunshine and pixie dust.
Please stay safe!








Sloopy! That's a great name for that limb as it "hangs on". LOL. Takes me back to our youth for sure! Now, Pampered Chef...Haven't been to one of those parties online or otherwise in a long time. Not really wanting to either. I know they have great stuff, but I just can't add anything else at this point no matter how great it is. Whatever happened to Tupperware parties? Do they even sell Tupperware anywhere anymore? I could use a new lettuce corer, which was a freebie for attending the party many moons ago. Mine is still intact, but getting to the point where I am afraid it will break everytime I use it. Now Buc-ees...I had that experience on our last trip north with the kids to GA. Frankly, I was a bit overwhelmed. Too much stuff to see for a pit stop while traveling. And no place to sit down and eat that lovely brisket/pork/whatever sandwich. Had to take it back to the car. And I thought I'd lost my hubby when he never came back out the same door he went in to go find the restroom. I waited and waited outside that door and just about called for help when I discovered he'd been back in the car waiting for me! He went out a different door!!! I was not a happy camper. So that was my experience. I probably won't go back. LOL.
ReplyDeleteOkay, that was fun. I enjoyed your post. Especially hang on Sloopy. Sloopy Hang On!! Good night! Happy Friday!
I remember you writing about your Buc-ee's experience! Tom also thought it odd they didn't have seating, either indoors or out. No motorized carts, either. But given the crowds, one of those might present a hazard. I doubt either of these things will keep people away; if it was closer, I'd be temped to go shop.
DeleteWhat a creative name for a broken tree limb, Myra! Now, of course, you have me singing the song - lol. Buc-ees looks as great as I've heard tell about it. We don't have one near us, I don't think, but now you've got my curiosity up, so I'll do a map search.
ReplyDeleteI love popcorn, too, and I think that container is quite clever.
Have a great weekend!
Isn't it? I'm enjoying popcorn-for-supper more and more!
DeleteOh my goodness I loved Buc cees too! You can't help but buy - it is addictive.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your tree.
I know! Whoever invented Buc-ees is a genius.
DeleteThat sounds like a fun place. I checked their website and sadly they do not have one here in California. Can you blame them? They'd have to (by Gavin law) have 81 gender affirming pottys. And I am sure there would be some thing in the company that California would ban.
ReplyDeleteI have some family in Alabama - next time I go down, I'll have to request that we go there.
I no longer want to go to those home parties - I remember when they start giving their spiel about hostessing a party, I would look away making absolutely no eye contact.
Enjoyed your post!
Can you imagine, a convenience store turning out to be such a draw? Like Stucky's ... on steroids!
DeleteWe don't have Buc-ees over here either. Our staple diet over here in the UK is fish and chips (French fries). Prices have gone up recently ranging from £9 to £12 per portion. ($11.38 to $15.17).
ReplyDeleteThere's a shop in Northern Scotland which charges £5 ($6.32) a portion. But it is too far to drive there from London and by the time we got back home the food was cold.
That tree could be called Limbo! (Catholic joke).
I like product parties. We held one recently at our home. We were selling/advertising door security locks. We locked the front door and the guests could not get in.
Did you know I was a door-to-door salesman selling doors? Did not do much business because most houses already had a front door.
Sorry, Mevely ... I am in a silly mood right now.
God bless.
LOLOLOL. I love your levity, Victor.
DeleteBut now I'm curious -- is the fish (in fish and chips) always the same; do you ever tire of it?
There are a variety of fish available. Cod, haddock, plaice, fish cakes and so on. Some people have the chips and sausages or a pie instead. Fish is usually deep fried in a batter covering. Personally, we don't go for fish and chips that often, preferring to cook at home.
DeleteGod bless.
We do popcorn many nights. Maybe we should invest in a popper. Gonna check into that...
ReplyDeleteBuc-ees? heard of it a week or so ago from one of our sons. I think he made the mistake of going to a 'grand opening' liked it but was bummed by the crowds.
Enjoyed the visit......
Sherry & jack thinking of you ..... Hug old whats his name for us!
Do that! Tom's really impressed that it doesn't leave so many unpopped kernels and 'residue.'
DeleteDid you see Linda (below) said they're building another Buc-ees in Ocala.
That sounds like a fun trip. We don't have anything like that here. I'm glad you had a great time. 👍😊❤️
ReplyDelete---Cheerful Monk
Thanks! 😘
DeleteIf Y'all visit Dollywood, you'll be just in time for our brand new Buccees. I think it's set to open next month... and I've never been to one. It's about 10 minutes from our house. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLet us know how you like it!
Deletehaving never heard of Buc-ees I checked to see if we have one, and the only two in FL are Daytona and St Augustine, 3 hours away. it would be fun to wander in and see all they have on display. I know the month/year of the last pampered chef party I went to. I still use the giant mixing bow/measuring cup to mix things in. Glass and has a lid.
ReplyDeletethe year was 1990, April and my cousin invited and since I had just listed and sold her house, I felt i must attend and buy something. I went with the 12.99 giant cup because it was the cheapest thing they had that I could use. two days later, I found the same thing in Old America for 7.99. I nearly fainted because 3 weeks before that I bought a jingle bell Santa 2 feet tall from our pastors wife, and found the Santa in Old America for half the price.
after that I turned down any and all party invites. I did not know they still have Pampered chef parties.
enjoy your popcorn and let us know how it works.
I hate when that happens! Ya, one of these days I'm going to have to grow a spine and learn to say 'no.'
DeleteBuc-ees is an experience. We have been to a couple of them and I will agree it is the best potty break ever.
ReplyDeleteThat brisket is not bad either, nor is the gigantic coffee you can refill for $.99 anytime after you purchase said gigantic mug. It is an early morning travel dream!
I missed seeing that about the coffee; and I love to collect mugs. Hmmm.
DeleteWe are getting a Buc-ees here in Ocala soon...well. they are breaking ground. We love the one over in Daytona...anyways---their bathrooms are really nice, grin. Overprice? Nah, I don't think so...plus that is the only place to get Ham Salad--Publix is hit or miss, I can't wait, grin.
ReplyDeleteYa, I should have clarified about the $ -- I was thinking merchandise.
DeleteJoe was so excited when Lakeland got our first WaWa!! He was like a kid in a candy store. I hope I will get to see a Buc-ees one of these days when I am traveling again. Fun stuff!! I went to so many Tupperware and Pampered Chef parties way back when. Good golly! I still have my Pampered Chef microwave rice cooker and use it whenever I need rice. It is SO easy and the rice is always perfect. I might need to look at that popcorn popper!! Have a great Sunday and blessed week ahead! xo
ReplyDeleteIm embarrassed to admit, I didn't know what a WaWa was/is. (Must put that on my list!) I need to check out the rice cooker!
DeleteI think Buc-ees is so much fun! I'm glad you got to go. I have some Pampered Chef stuff too that I've had forever! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cathy! Y'all do the same!
DeleteI enjoy a trip to Buc-ees! The jerky case amazes me every time!
ReplyDeleteI know, right?!
DeletePopcorn maker sounds like a great purchase. Oh my, I want that brisket and pulled pork. What an amazing place. Definitely work a road trip.
ReplyDeleteNow I am listening to Sloopy! You are making that song play in my head. But than I did not have to play it on my iphone right? hahahaha Oh God willing, in 2024, there will be a Bucees in Colorado about one hour from us. We will go once. Although my son-in-law Zach is in love with the brand spanking new KIng soopers ner Jeremy's home. You can get bath towels, incense, essential oils, groceries, gas, you name it, it is there, oh wine too, lots of wine.
ReplyDelete