Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Water Cooler Wednesday

 



Hi there!

Since Joyce is taking a well-deserved break from hosting the Hodgepodge, what do you say we re-visit the Water Cooler?

Today's questions are taken from The Christmas Conversation Piece, a little book that's been part of my holiday collection for a while now.

You can choose to answer any one -- or all.   Perhaps you'd enjoying posing them to your family and friends! 





You're the author a new Christmas novel that you hope will one day become a classic.
What would you choose as the setting for your Christmas story?

How about, a funky old kitchen.  One with good bones.  Lined faces and flour sack aprons.

I like what Erin Napier (HGTV) said about their 'new to them' farmhouse kitchen.   Rather than the popular sleek and shiny look that's so popular nowadays, Erin said she wanted it to feel like 5,000 meals had been prepared there.




Someone has graciously offered to make you and your entire family a Christmas quilt.
It will be made up of many quilt squares, each one representing a different family member.
What specific design and image would you want on your square?

Gotta be my girls, Macie and Grace.





Which of the following three events would you most enjoy attending during the holiday season:
A stage production of Dickens' A Christmas Carol ...
a choral concert of Handel's Messiah ...
or a performance of Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker?

I'm going with Handel's Messiah.




If you won $5,000 the week before Christmas, where do you think you'd go for a Christmas vacation?

I'd adore renting a mountaintop cabin near Gatlinburg, Tennesse for a few days with son and DIL.  Since I refuse to entertain plane travel, it's close enough to drive.  I think there'd even be plenty of $ for a chauffeur!



If you were playing Name That Tune! which Christmas song do you think you could identify in the least number of notes?

Joy to the World!







It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
Myra





28 comments:

  1. My Christmas story. Here it is:

    https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2019/12/a-christmas-tale.html

    My caricature picture would be on my quilt square.

    I was once thrown out of the theatre at a performance of Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker. I took a mixture of walnuts, hazelnuts, pecan and Brazil nuts and a nut cracker with me to enjoy a snack. People said I interfered with the music.

    I've never been good at Name That Tune. I know the songs but can't remember the titles.

    Best wishes always and God bless, Mevely.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reacquainting me with Fr. I's Christmas tale, Victor. Still brings a glad tear to my eyes.

      Delete
    2. I was lost, now I am found.

      God bless Mevely. Thanx.

      Delete
  2. I would imagine my Christmas scene with my family all around the Christmas tree opening their gifts together. That would be my perfect Christmas, to have them all together. I think the classic Dickens Christmas Carol can't be beat. The Christmas music would come in 2nd. Jingles Bells is the easiest Christmas song to relate to so for that reason I'd choose that. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas there. Here we will have snow! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm singing Jingle Bells! We've no snow forecast, but bitter cold the likes Montgomery's not seen in decades!

      Delete
  3. These are fun questions. Do we get to hear your answers? I'll try to post this with answers on my blog. Maybe Friday. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Cathy! I'll probably publish my answers tomorrow or Friday ... thank you for asking.

      Delete
  4. I will choose my Christmas story and it will be titled Sandra Claus wins the mega Lottery $693 million. And ho ho that the fun begin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea ... someone's got to win it, right? You'd have blog fodder the rest of your life!

      Delete
  5. I could get 'Jingle Bells' in three notes! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read your answer my first thought was, "Name That Tune." Do you remember that TV show from years ago? :)

      Delete
  6. If I got a $5000 windfall, I'd fly to Raleigh to spend time with my daughter's family. A Christmas book? It would have to be set at The Glade. :)
    Blessings, Myra and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You're the author a new Christmas novel that you hope will one day become a classic.
    What would you choose as the setting for your Christmas story?"

    The area between Ukraine and Russia. A story of forgiveness and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would like a classic novel set in the Appalachian Mts about 1900.

    I think I would enjoy 'A Christmas Carol.'

    Probably the wrong time of year, but imma thinking I would head for Ireland.

    Hope you are warm and ready for Christmas.
    Love from a cool Florida

    Sherry & jack smiling at 62 degrees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing, Jack! Believe it or not, our temps are soon supposed to plummet into the teens -- Tom's NOT a happy camper. I should send him your direction?

      Delete
  9. My quilt square would definitely have cats included!! Song... Jingle Bells And I could use that $5,000 for a lot of things other than a vacation right now... Thanks for the fun, Myra. Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! $5,000 doesn't go very far these days, does it?

      Delete
  10. Haha I am with Sandra- I wish had won the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a lot to think about, so I guess I'd better think before I respond. The Christmas Novel might take place back in the late 1800's, in a little town in Pennsylvania. I may have already written something like it in the story of my Grandmother's birth and adoption. That could turn into a good novel. My quilt square would probably be a picture of a cabin beside a pond...the stage production...wow, A Christmas Carol would be great, but I'd love to see Handel's Messiah performed by a really good choir and orchestra...and I've never seen the Nutcracker performed either, so this is hard to choose. I'd love to see them all! I wonder if the $5,000. would take us to Maine/NH for Christmas, and to stay at a resort in the White Mountains of NH, take a sleigh ride, and have our grandson and his fiance' with us, as well as the rest of our immediate family. The only hard part would be that our son Matthew wouldn't be there, but I am sure he would be in spirit. Name that tune: Joy to the World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a Christmas novel I'd buy! I like the way you think!

      Delete
  12. I'm clearly a party pooper. I'm happy cozy here at home and don't want to go anywhere. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a Granny Square quilt with the names of each family member embroidered on each square. As for the money, maybe a weekend getaway for the family. Fun questions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family's considerably smaller in number, but I'd love a quilt like that, too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!