... it must be time for the Hodgepodge. As ever, thanks to Joyce for hosting this cyber part-ay!
🍁
What about your upbringing are you most grateful for?
I grew up in a very small community, noted for its natural beauty but little else in the way of shopping or entertainment.
1960's Los Alamos was the kind of community that kids hate and their parents love -- a suburbia without an urban core. How I longed to graduate and move far away to a big city. (Note: Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!)
On the bright side, my parents instilled in me a solid work ethic, patriotism and love of travel.
What are two or three things that bring you comfort?
My little home, thin-crust pizza, good wine ... and of course, our 'lady girls' (Macie and Grace).
Something beautiful that you say today? (or yesterday, depending on when it is you've answering this question.)
I actually saw this a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't say anything until Sarah (Grand #1) shared their news on Facebook.
Have you ever used a typewriter? Tell us a memory associated with that.
Hahaha! I still remember trying to convince my father (that) my 'hunt-and-peck' method was perfectly fine; I didn't need no stinking Typing class.
Little could I envision I'd go on to excel at State; later, as the means to a paycheck. Laughing at another *dumb* scenario when I tried (in vain) to convince my boss I didn't need this thing called a computer. Yep, I'm old!
Something you are grateful for today.
My favorite month has finally arrived ..... and my name was on Mr. God's wake-up list!
Insert your own random thought here.
(Stock image)I hope your coffee tastes like magic and you fall in love with being alive!
Hugs, Myra




Odd how I get a good feeling just reading. You are one example. An insight into lives makes one appreciate them. Honesty even more so. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am grateful when I remember tough Gunny Sergeants like Gunny Bell. He beat this 18 yr old kid in a midnight swimming race in the Mediterranean, he taught me that 37 was NOT an old man!. And it was okay to break some rules like the late night swim, if you had someone above to blame, him.
He stood tall the next day and said, "Yes Sir" to the Major, "The men needed the release, I made sure the way was clear, so I took 'em out for a swim." We would have followed him anywhere. LOL (especially in the blue water of the Med!)
What a great memory!
DeleteCongrats on the new little one in your family!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteHow exciting - a new baby! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI used to be a good typist, but I'm not as good as I used to be.
Me, either!
DeleteWill this be your first great grandbaby? Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you!
DeleteIt takes a hard person who doesn't smile when they see a baby in a store or restaurant. Typewriter: Santa gave me a typewriter for my senior year, and I gave it a workout in college.
ReplyDeleteMe, too! That was a popular gift in the 60's.
DeleteCongratulations on the new grandbaby! They are such a blessing and I'm wishing you lots of joy and happy memory making with yours!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteThat picture of the expecting couple was just beautiful - and you kept the secret! Why is this your happy month - your birthday?
ReplyDeleteNope; mine's in March. I just love the cooler temps, comfort food -- and no stress 'til next month!
DeleteCongratulations on the new baby due in February. What happy news.
ReplyDeleteCoffee - it's not everyone's cup of tea. I like mine very milky with a bit of whisky.
I too like home, pizza and well ... beer or Guinness. I don't drink wine often. Here's a secret ... years ago at a business conference a group of us stayed at a posh hotel/restaurant. The wine was flowing. The waitresses came out every so often and topped everyone's glasses. I excused myself for a few seconds and left the table and went to the kitchen. I asked the waitresses if they had blackcurrant juice - they said yes. I asked them to fill a bottle of wine with the juice and serve me juice when filling glasses at table. They thought it was odd and said usually people hide they are drinking by pretending it is juice; not the other way round. But they did as I asked and served me juice all night.
I remained sober and listened carefully at loose tongues of those at the table.
God bless you and your family. Praying for y'all.
Now that's a wise decision!
DeleteOH, a new baby coming to your family! How wonderful! What a joyous blessing!! So happy for all of you. Typing was okay, except before the kind that you make corrections on...I hated carbon copies and having to make corrections on them...I was SO happy when we finally got a real computer...no turning back for me!! I enjoyed your post so much. Of course, I always do...LOL. Have a great and wonderful rest of your week.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteMr. God's wake-up list!! Laughed out loud, Myra!! Love you, dear friend! Let's both stay on the list for awhile yet!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'd love to take credit, but stole that line from FB. 😘
DeleteOh Myra! How exciting with a great grandbaby! What a pretty name too!! February will be here before you know it!! I think a lot of our parents instilled the same values yours did (except you got the added bonus of travel). It was a more kinder time for growing up I do believe than it is now! I loved typing. Taught myself to type the summer between 8th and 9th grade and then was bored in beginning typing at school (but got an A lol because I always excelled on the time tests) :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Gosh, you're the only person I know who taught herself to type!
DeleteCongratulations on the little one!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteI love shared memories and yours and Jacks today make me smile and feel good. I took business typing 2 years in high school and have always been greatful, most of the jobs I had required typing. I was so happy when the computer came along because there was no inky nasty ribbon to replace.
ReplyDeletethe job I retired from being able to touch type was a necessity to do the job.
I was raised in a sheltered community, in Savannah, but our address was Rural Route something or other. in a city but lived like in the country.
That sounds like the best of both worlds!
DeleteDue to the fact that my mom and dad both came from large families I had lots of cousin, aunts and uncles and fell in love with large families. I always wanted one and ended up with 7 children of my own. I'm am thankful for every day I wake up and am in love with life. I want to enjoy each day to the fullest. It's a wonderful time of year to enjoy the beauty of Fall. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteIsn't it tho! I love your attitude, Ma.
DeleteSo thrilled for Sarah and her husband, Myra! Now you can add great-grandma to your list of official titles. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved your thoughts at the end, too.
Blessings!
🤗 Thanks!
DeleteIt's always good to be on the wake up list!
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!! and it's always a good thing to be on God's list, just saying. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, smiles.
ReplyDelete😃
DeleteHappy to hear that your parents did instilled you with work ethics, patriotism and your love for travel. Love the things that bring you comfort. Congratulations on the baby coming in February. I loved using a typewriter. I love that about God's wake up list.
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteLoved your answers this week and congratulations on the family addition.
ReplyDeleteThank you! 🙂
Delete