Taken outside the window yesterday morning ....
reminding me that beauty still exists, even in the winter of our lives.
Good morning, friends!
I hope no-one's still hungry? Excerpting a line from Facebook, "Don't count calories. To feast occasionally is to declare the supremacy of joy over body image."
And declare we did! I was so caught up (trying to) orchestrate everything in the kitchen, I failed to get many photos. But you know what? It was all good.
We yakked and Troy told funny stories. We so enjoyed getting to know Chloe's cute and charismatic fellow. (If she doesn't marry JB, I want to adopt him!)
Regrets? Sure!
The dogs were total brats .....
Evidenced by the photo below, we totally forgot to put out the croissant rolls. .....
Worst? I forgot to tell my son how handsome the new beard looks.
The candle that wouldn't stay lit!
"Do I get two wishes?"
More than once I remember hearing, "Well, it's a good thing we're family." There's no standing on ceremony here.
So, my mother's pretty relish trays have been returned to double-duty in my bathroom drawer.
More than usual this year, I dread putting away our Autumn decor. But you-know-what's banging on the door, waiting for its turn to shine.
Here's the rest of that quote/advice I borrowed from FB. Even tho' it says "Happy Thanksgiving" I think it's pretty good advice for the next few weeks








I agree about the handsome man in the beard. It looks nice he reminds me of my son. If I were there you would never have missed the crescent rolls because bread is my most favorite of the meal. I laughed and smiled all the way through even though I'm piled up in bed talking to a telephone which means there's no punctuation here. I did manage one. Haha still not able to come back I can't believe I injured my shoulder and my arm with an iPhone
ReplyDeleteOnly the one and only Mad Snapper! I think there should be some kind of a Purple Heart award for the blogger going above and beyond!
DeleteUh oh, Again to me Blogger says you must remain anon. I have signed into Google again and again, to no avail.
ReplyDeleteBUT I am hoping ANON will work. Love the pictures and the food looks delicious. Glad there was family stuff, ALWAYS GOOD!
Love from Florida....
Aw, you're so sweet!
DeletePS: I forgot Sherry & jack are ANON!! Love from here...
ReplyDelete😘
DeleteHave you tried going into 'Settings' and toggling all the choices, 'Off' then 'On' again? That worked for me once.
My stretch pants are out and ready to go! :)
ReplyDeleteMine, too!
DeleteStretch pants are the greatest invention ever!! Your son's beard does look very nice. It sounds like you had such a good time.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Cathy!
DeleteIt's so good to hear you had a wonderful time with the family. That's what Thanksgiving is all about. To give thanks to God for all He has done for us, and for our family around us.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all always, Mevely.
Indeed! God is so good.
DeleteI'm glad your had a great time!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGood advice, indeed! Loved the photos and I'm sure the meal was amazing!! I got a plate from my neighbor, from their daughter's house. It was good. I added cranberries and gravy and was so blessed to have turkey and all the usual trimmings. Not the Thanksgiving I was moving toward before covid, but there is always next year! And I can roast the turkey for Christmas instead of getting ham. Happy weekend, Myra!! xo
ReplyDeleteSounds like a winner!
DeleteMy former hubby was fond of quoting Burns, "The best laid plans of mice and men ...."
Smiling, thinking later after the above comment. I hope you don't have to adopt JB. Also I have spray, just never thought to carry it... THANKS Sherry & jack
ReplyDeleteMe, too! (*grin*)
DeleteThank Myra for the many smiles. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's families etc.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Linda!
Delete🙃
ReplyDeleteI'm all about the stretch pants. My family gathering is today and I'm going to enjoy the feast and all the family being together. Even though two of sons live too far away to join us today, we will still have quite a crowd. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving ! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteYour family celebration sounds really heartwarming! Like something out of a Hallmark movie.
DeleteLooks like you all had a great time together, laughing and enjoying family...that's what it's all about...And croissant rolls make great turkey sandwiches! Add some cranberry sauce and you've got a real treat! And yes, I do love stretch pants...esp. the waistline. I used to laugh at my MIL because that's all she wanted...no zippers or buttons or belts for her...and I didn't understand it then when I was still kind of slim and trim. But boy do I understand it now! LOL. Love to you dear Myra.
ReplyDeleteWe've no turkey, but Tom's sure enjoying his brisket croissant sandwiches! Funny about your MIL, Pam. I'm right there with you!
DeleteYou tell a wonderful story. I know you had a great time and that everyone had a great time. Sorry I didn't answer more posts last week I was in Ohio.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I love the photos and it looks like it was nice time. I love family gatherings.
ReplyDelete