Hi! Today I'm feeling...
Perplexed
Mother Nature's throwing numbers out here like the Powerball. The numbers we see ... but not the numbers we want!
Grateful
For a new kitchen faucet ... and a plumber/electrician with sharp eyes.
I don't pretend to understand it, but Tom's been annoyed about the hot water tank for a while now. While he was here, Wesley took a look and right away: "That's a code violation right there." A minute later, "This thing could flood your kitchen any minute ... then again, it could last another 15 years."
Bottom line, we've elected to have him come back after Christmas and install/rewire a new one properly.
I know it's killing Tom he's no longer able to do this work himself ..... but I appreciate him (finally!) acknowledging his limits.
Disappointed
While shopping for something to cover a blister, I realized manufacturers still haven't designed novelty BandAids for the mature audience. Instead of Disney Princesses or Paw Patrol characters, just once I'd like to see the Golden Girls' faces ... or Sam Elliot.
We old folks get boo-boo's too!
Thinking
I'm going to try and recreate yesterday's amazing lunch.
Keto King plate -- spiced fajita chicken, spinach, pimentos, portabella mushrooms -- grilled and served warm with feta cheese and walnuts.
Speaking of food!
We're trying to peacefully reconcile our Thanksgiving menu.
Tom's got it in his head he wants to do a prime rib ... but the cost nearly gave me vapors. I'm all for ordering smoked brisket from Fat Boys, even rotisserie chickens -- and be free to just enjoy the time together with family.
My DIL's offered to bring her yummy stuffing, yay! I'm going to Instant Pot a spicy corn casserole and, in an (uncharacteristic) nod to tradition, make a green bean casserole. Easy peasy!
(Stock image)
... Oh, in the spirit of 'you only live once' I'm ordering dessert from Cheesecake Factory for Grand-girl #2. Her 25th birthday's not until December 3, but C's a busy lady!
Hopeful!
After the holidays, Tom will feel up to a little getaway.
... or two.
Both his daughter and my friend Debbie volunteered, "You should really take a trip, spend the money while you're still healthy enough to do so."
Okay. I was thinking we could drive to Pensacola in a few days to see Casting Crowns in concert. Unfortunately, we're no longer that spontaneous -- or have eyes to navigate after dark.
So! Tom's strongly considering flying out to Phoenix to see his kids. Then come spring, either the two of us (or me) will "do" Florida.
God willing and the creek don't rise!
Okay, I'm about out of breath and need another cup of coffee.
If you've a moment, here's a CC video you might enjoy.
Have a wonderfully-blessed day, dear friends.
Love ya!
'm'
I have a drawer full of ugly bandaids, never even thought of a decorated one. when my kids were little they were no decorated bandaids.
ReplyDeleteIf you are in the slow lane, I must be dead and buried. No further from home than 10 miles in many years.
My idea of excitment is a used iphone to use as a camera. LOL. you know taking photos a a hole in our fence in the dark
Now for the good stuff.
About dinners. are you ready? today I bought fried chicken, beans and slaw for bob, will last two days, I will eat my rice elbows. TG dinner is GOLDEN Corral or Cracker Barrel.
the song is beautiful.
I've never been to Golden Corral, but the thought of Cracker Barrel's making my mouth water. Love anything prepared by someone ELSE!
DeleteOh that comment about the band aids - cracked me up! So true!
ReplyDelete😁
DeleteGood thing you had your faucet looked at, Myra, and are doing something about it in the near future. That could have ended up being a huge mess!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I'm so glad you will have family at Thanksgiving, and that you're planning to travel later in the year to see more of them. That's one of the reasons Danny and I took our long trip - we wanted to see family again while we still have the health to travel.
Blessings, my friend!
So glad you did, Martha. There are prompts out there ... I just need to pay attention and act on them.
DeleteMother Nature has definitely been playing havoc with November's temperatures. 75 degrees here in TN all week, but it will be dropping to freezing temps this weekend.
ReplyDeleteGreat news that you'll be getting a new water heater. Mine has several code violations and I'm trying to fix it myself. My (loud) groans and curses can probably be heard in Arkansas.....
Thanksgiving menu? I LOVE turkey but I'm assuming that they will be shockingly expensive this year. I think we should celebrate Thanksgiving by eating whatever pleases us......and what we can comfortably afford.
Amen to your last! That was my father's philosophy. I still smile when I remember him looking at a menu and saying, "This year I'm going to be thankful for ...." (Usually steak or lobster).
DeleteWe have had a hot water tank - the glass bottom rusted out - it was a MESS! Sooner better than later is the best.
ReplyDeleteRick and I appreciate it too - has learned some limits too - it has to be hard on them. Like taking the car away.
I love Casting Crowns!
I hope you pick two great vacations.
Also are you are a special keto diet?
Thanks, Sandie! I've been doing Atkins/Keto for years, but it's more a liftstyle than a diet.
DeleteYour slow lane is a lot faster than ours! 😊
ReplyDeleteI don't know about that. (*grin*) I remember how driving up the front hill road used to scare my little son to pieces.
DeleteIt is so tough to admit that there are things we cannot do now. Yay for Tom for realizing his limits. I actually had to ask someone to move boxes for me today at work - ugh!
ReplyDelete😁
DeleteIs the corn casserole cooked in a Bundt-shaped pan? I never would have thought of that.
ReplyDeleteYes! I put it on a trivet in the Instant Pot and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
DeleteAww, I'm sorry you got a boo-boo. I hope you found an appropriate bandage to cover it and that it feels better now. Oh, I hope you can get that hot water heater fixed before it does something naughty! And your Thanksgiving menu sounds delicious, whatever you end up with. I still have done NO planning whatsoever...guess I'd better, but I'm still waiting on this floor to get done before I can think straight. Is that picture of the corn casserole? Just wondering...may need the recipe. I do hope you can take those trips. If you do come to Florida we girls need to figure out a way to meet...That would be SO wonderful! Take care of yourselves and have a blessed week. We are waiting for "Nicole" to come and go.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding? Interlachen/Dixie Cottage is definitely on my itinerary. I know its a sin to wish away time, but I can't wait.
DeleteMyra-I loved catching up with you here. I do hope you can get a bit of traveling in while you are both fully able to travel. Some days are good here for hubby-others not so great.
ReplyDeleteNo matter what you have for Thanksgiving the family will relish every bite and every minute of togetherness. My son-in-law likes ham for their meal and also brisket. lol. I am pretty traditional and like turkey--but only at Thanksgiving. lol.
Have a wonderful night -xo Diana
What a delight to have you visit, Diana! Ya, same thing. When people ask about Tom I have to say, "There's good days and not so good." That's life!
DeleteAw, thanks! I'll probably share the corn recipe in my next post. This picture was one I lifted off the web, but suprisingly, ours looked similar.
ReplyDeleteLifting prayers that Nicole's bark is worse than her bite!
I love keeping Thanksgiving simple. Hope you guys get to do some traveling soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteIf you find those Sam Elliott band-aids, please grab a box for me, too!! I am excited about that trip to Florida in the spring!! Hoping Lakeland is on your list of places to stop!! xo
ReplyDeletePlease count on it! 🤗
DeleteYou are so funny, Myra, but wise too! I never thought of adult band-aids. You could have something there!! Design your own would go over really big I think! Your preliminary Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious! I think my favorite Casting Crowns song is "Praise You in the Rain." It is nice to hear that Tom is feeling good enough to consider traveling!
ReplyDeletebetty
Oh, that's a good one too!
DeleteOh my you do eat well. Love the sounds of your lunch. We do the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving, and that does include green bean casserole. So glad to hear you will have family with you. Hope you do get to travel. I have 2 sons out of state. I'm hoping to get to visit them this year.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Enjoy ! Love, ma
Indeed, no matter what's ON the table, having family around it is a real blessing.
DeleteI shall use those temperature numbers for my lottery ticket.
ReplyDeleteThe Thanksgiving meals you are planning sound so tempting. It is good to have family around, although I'll have to admit, in my case, when they are not around there's more cheesecake for me.
Now, I buy an extra one which I hide until they are gone.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. God bless you all.
Hiding an extra slice? There's a good idea! Good luck on the lottery!
DeleteThe food you shared sound and look delicious. Yes, definitely order the cheesecake! Those are warm temperatures. Sorry about the issue with the kitchen faucet. I think you should go to Phoenix. Take care.
ReplyDeleteUm, I don't think so. Someone has to stay home and watch our pups. (*grin*)
Delete....and while in Florida, do let me know, smiles. P.S. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS on Sam Elliot, lololol.
ReplyDeleteYou bet I will!
DeleteI like your band-aid idea. I found some little plain round ones for these icky moles I get everywhere. I decided to wqtch my grandsons instead of seeing the derm lady who was wicked mean to me last year. I will have to see someone new in the Springtime as she will not be going to the Arvada location any more. YAY! Jake is in the process of hopefully getting to take the job in Iowa so they would be 10-11 hours away instead of 22! All the prayer you can muster would be wonderful. Glad you will get your water heater fixed properly. Its awful the things people do that could be potentially harmful. UGH! I would love to take a trip to Florida. Always praying we might be able to do something fun, God willing. I appreciate your friendship. Aw... your grand girl's my birthday twin! I have hinted for a CHeesecake Factory cheesecake but so far no takers here hahaha.
ReplyDeleteJust don't order it from Harry & David's! 🤗
Delete