Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Just Because it's June!

 

June!  June!



Oops!   I woke up this morning channeling the score from Carousel.  Does that sort of thing happen to anyone else?  (Random lyrics, I mean.)

Anyway.  What you say we Hodgepodge?  Thanks, Joyce!


🎈


"A daughter's a daughter all her life, but a son's a son 'til he takes a wife"  What say you?  Elaborate.

I'm going to recuse myself on this one.  Our family has experienced both ends of the spectrum.

I feel so blessed my son chose a lady who I love like a daughter!



Something you've seen recently that was 'cuter than a June bug'?

Every single day Grace makes me smile!



'You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that's pretty much the same thing.'  Agree or disagree?  Last time you had a serving of happiness ice cream?   Dish-cone-milkshake-sundae ... which one do you choose?

I'm going to disagree; I may be the only soul on the planet who's not overly fond of ice cream.  It's okay, but I'd rather have a slice of cheesecake ... tapioca pudding ... even this.


For most of my life I seriously couldn't stand the taste of yogurt.  Then Betty posted about a new variety she'd found.  I tried ... I liked ... and then I discovered this Keto variety.  Two thumbs up! 



What is one way/area in which you're currently 'swimming against the tide'?

Sure hope I'm not going to lose any followers by this answer, but ...

I'm so put off by the content of what once were our favorite network dramas.  Here's a favorite quote from (stage play) Butterflies are Free:

Mrs. Baker: I do not intend to pay money to see nudity, obscenity and degeneracy.

Ralph: Mrs. Baker, these things are all part of life.

Mrs. Baker: I know, Mr. Santori.  So is diarrhea, but I wouldn't classify it as entertainment.



Three things you're looking forward to this summer?

Tom's daughter is flying out for Father's Day!

I get to have lunch with blog-buddy Terri when she travels to Alabama!

That Dr. Ahmed's (aka, McDreamy) proposed procedure will give Tom a 'new lease on life.'  He's fatigued much of the time and has no appetite.  Prayers are valued!



Insert your own random thought here.

First a home-grown tomato from Andy's garden ... then last evening Pastor Janet came tap-tap-tapping on the door with this!

She feeds my soul!

June is bustin' out all over!





Be good, y'all ... stay safe!
Hugs, Myra




 



 

35 comments:

  1. First of all, right on with your answer on against the tide. Absolutely love that quote. Gracie is a cutie. And that's okay that you don't like ice cream. That just leaves more for me. lol Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gladiolus or however it is spelled. So pretty...it makes me glad. Your Gracie is quite a cute little showoff. And I agree with the quote and your stand "against the tide". So very true. It's gotten where I can't even stand the content of many commercials. Certain agendas are being pushed down our faces from every direction when you least expect it. I may just go have to eat some ice-cream to cool down. LOL. I am not as big a fan of ice cream as I used to be because it doesn't always agree with my tummy. I do love some good yogurt, however. Praying for Tom's procedure to give him that "new lease on life' as promised. And Terri is coming to see you? Our Friend from Florida Terri? How blessed are you both! What a great blessing that will be. Make sure there are lots of pictures taken! Thanks for the wonderful post. Yes, I am thankful for my DIL too, actually, I have two of them. I just never get to see the other one anymore since she lives in Maine, and since our son passed away. But she's still our DIL no matter what. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the same Terri ... I'm so excited! I'm so old I remember being mortified if a commercial for a feminine hygiene product came on TV. So glad you, too, are blessed with wonderful DILs!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the content that comes across the screen so often now. I just want to shout, stop it! Saying a little prayer for Tom to get a new lease on life, and to guide the hands of the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we do some shouting at our television. Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete
  4. I have been singing Valarie for days now. LOL and yes it is wonderful when the DIL is like a daughter. WE HAVE ONE even if there was a divorce, she is STILL our daughter!
    And this quote is a fact, and thanks:
    Mrs. Baker: I know, Mr. Santori. So is diarrhea, but I wouldn't classify it as entertainment.
    OH YES!!!!
    Love from NC less sneezing today.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the relationship y'all have with your DIL; don't you wish every family was that fortunate?

      Delete
  5. Praying (some more) for Tom and you.

    When June was busting out all over I bought her a larger blouse.

    My tomato plants are still not growing. I planted them a week ago.

    Wishing you a wonderful month year after year after year and always.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larger blouse ... LOLOLOL! Thank you so much for your prayers; they are felt.

      Delete
  6. I stopped at AAA this week to get new maps for my road trip next month. I like to see the big picture before I leave and all I can see is that little screen telling me which way to go!! I love your answer to #4. I couldn't agree more! See you soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, we used to do that. Trip tiks weren't they called? Used to be planning for an excursion was half the fun!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shout out, Myra. I'll have to look for the Keto yogurt and see if I can find it here in Phoenix. So agree with your thought about swimming against the tide. I would add a few others myself. Will pray for Tom and his procedure! How fun to have lunch with a blogging buddy! Something definitely to look forward to!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I'm still looking for the salted caramel; maybe Alabama grocers don't think we need extra sugar in our diets. (lol)

      Delete
  8. Sending prayers that Tom's procedure works.

    Your statement about modern programming reminds me of Renoir, who was criticized because his paintings were so pretty. He said there was enough ugliness in the world without him adding to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not heard that before ... but I like it!

      Delete
  9. I have often thought if my mother and daddy were alive and saw what is on the TV screen, they would both be dead again from a stroke. agree 100 percent with the pay for the stuff we see.
    Yay for a much loved DIL, I have one out of 2. prayers for Tom. Yes, Grace is cuter than a june bug. Kisses to both your pups. I wish I had tomatoes and a flower from a neighbor. both are good in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's sad, I'm no longer shocked by some of 'those' scenes. Family viewing hour sure isn't what it used to be. BTW, you were right about the homegrown tomato being good. Tom loved it!

      Delete
  10. Will definitely be praying for Tom and hoping he gets that new lease on life. I look forward to the fresh veggies and fruits in the summer. Can't beat a homegrown tomato. This flowers look wonderful. That's another thing I love about summer. So nice to have some colorful and not look out to see snow and ice. It was a long winter, that seemed like it was never going away. It's chilly start here today but we're to warm up to the low 70's. Not feeling like summer here today but next week is looking better. I love those old songs that hang in our minds and never seem to fade. I'll be singing You are my Sunshine today. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cheery song. Okay, I'll sing along! We're bracing for the mid-90's next week -- but it's far better than yesterday's 110* in Phoenix! Perspective!
      Thank you so much for your prayers.

      Delete
  11. Miss Grace is a cutie petutie! Isn't that the truth about network shows? Many of them are just plugging the liberal agenda these days. Boo! Keep politics out of my entertainment! Exciting news for Tom with the procedure and a visit from his daughter. Lunch with Terri? SWEET! Have a fun and blessed time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! I sure hope y'all make it here to Alabama some day!

      Delete
    2. Well, Tim has at least progressed to saying we SHOULD visit his sister in Haleyville someday.

      Delete
  12. I will definitely keep Tom and you in my prayers, Myra! And since you don't like ice cream, can I have your portion? :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course; I'm happy to share with my friends. What flavor?

      Delete
  13. I am laughing about diarrhea! It is definitely not entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I often have song in my head. I wonder what you were dreaming about. I'm with you on your answer for #1. That photo is adorable with Grace. I like ice cream but would definitely choose cheesecake if I had a choice. I'll have to check out that yogurt. I like Fage in which I put PB in. I love your answer for going against the tide. I loved the movie Butterflies are Free. I love the three things you are looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I never thought about putting peanut butter in Fage ... yummmm!

      Delete
  15. AWESOME news in regarding to meet Terri, you will love her, smiles. Keeping you both in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just passing...
    A daughter is a daughter....
    "A woman is like a tea bag..you can't
    tell how strong she is..until you put her
    in hot water" Eleanor Roosevelt..!

    What's grey with a BIG trunk...???
    A mouse going on holiday...!!! :O).
    🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a joyful post. Woke up at 2:30 this morning. Prayed for you and Tom among others. I was up til 3:30 but slept in a bit this A.M. I am trying to get a few posts up. Lost two bloggers who I thought were good blog buddies. I was feeling sorry for myself but had to get over it. Life is much to short to chase people who want nothing to do with you. Nick's illness hit me like a train off the tracks. He is better these days, praying he can get strength enough to work. Your post today reminded me of Marsha who does the 30 days of joy for June. I have missed a few of her joyful days but she understands still dealing with her own health and her sweet husband Mike's too. It is good to have a good DIL. Our Brittany is very close to her mom but she never denies us the chance to be with the kids and Addy is probably one of the kindest humans I know for a girl of 14. She went with her grandparents to pick up her grammie's dad in Grand Junction. He is 90 something and was not doing well so away they went. I think they brought him here for now. She would rather be with the great grandpa then her friends. What a great kid! I better wind this up. Have a blessed week, we willbe praying . Take care HUGS & LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing, your Addy! Not only kind, but she sounds darn wise beyond her years. I'm so glad to hear Nick's recovery. Baby steps. Your prayers are felt; thank you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!