Thanks to Bev Sykes for this week's posers. Please, join us, right HERE!
What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
WSFA Channel 12. The only time you'd find me watching TV in the middle of the night is in the event of a possible tornado.
Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
Definitely the 50's. Oftentimes I've wished I'd been born 10 years earlier, so I might enjoy those things that escaped me as a child.
Some might disagree, but I think the world was a safer, nicer place. The ugliest thing one might say to the another is, "You've got cooties." No school shootings or other senseless acts of violence.
What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Impossible to choose!
I favored all things the 'British Invasion' brought to the airways, but I'm going with something closer to home. (A grocery-store sing-along, I've had this stuck in my head for days!)
Left Banke, "Walk Away Renee"
What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I'm not familiar with Disney villains ..... but since I'm always up for a nice pork chop, let's go with this guy.
Have you ever been a Girl Scout/Boy Scout?
If you were traveling to another continent would your rather fly or take a boat?
A ship, please. (Fingers crossed, I hope to never fly again.)
What are 3 of your favorite dog names of all time?
Caraleigh, Macie Ann, Grace Evelyn
How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Sad. All my life; I've no idea why.
If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
There's no place like home!
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Conditioning
Meat: Steak
Different: Odd
Pink: Bazooka (bubble gum)
Deserve: Karma
White: Sale
Elvis: meh
Magic: Fake
Heart: Break
Clash: Metallic
Pulp: Egg Carton
Happy Sunday y'all!
Have a most blessed day.
Hugs, Myra




You were so cute as a Girl Scout, Myra! I'm with you. I am never flying again. It took me awhile to figure out why you thought of egg carton with pulp; good one! I have to agree with you that the world was much safer and kinder back in the 1950s. Not that I remember much of the 1950s, only being 3 at the time they ended, but knowing what we know about the 1960s, especially the later times, and then beyond, the world is indeed more scarier these days!
ReplyDeleteOn that "cheery" note, have a nice Sunday!
betty
Thank you, Betty! Have a great new week!
DeleteWhenever you play music here you take me back to my radio days. Yes, I played this song on my show. As well as the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Monkees, Beach Boys and so so many others.
ReplyDeleteI called a dog Shark once. Did not help when he ran away on the beach! I called another one Sit. He would not come to me when I called him. I got very angry. When he came to me I was much karma then.
The neighbour, an elderly chap in his late eighties, has a peculiar sense of humour. He called his dog Help. I heard him call it all day yesterday. Eventually he must have found him because he stopped calling. This morning there was an ambulance outside his house. I hope the dog did not get hurt when he ran away!
You caught me in one of my silly moods, Mevely. God bless.
Hahaha! 'Silly' is good.
DeleteSure wish I could have heard your radio show 'back when.'
I enjoyed all your answers, but especially "There's no place like home".
ReplyDeleteEvery time I say things were better long ago when I was a kid, some spoilsport will say "Things were always bad."
Not True!!! The world has gone completely insane nowadays. The incredibly negative things happening in our own country weren't even dreamed of long ago.
(that's my rant for the day).
I never heard of "Walk Away Renee".
The only Disney villain I can think of is Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians).
Plane or boat? I'm not thrilled with either one - - but I'll take a chance on the high seas...
Ya, 'be it ever so humble ...'
DeleteSometimes I'm happy my parents aren't alive to see what's happening to our Country.
I feel the same way.
DeleteI LOVED your picture and pork chop comment regarding the villian - I many have actually laughed out loud!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa!
DeleteI haven't thought about that song in forever!! I sure go along with you on your answer to #1, it was sure a different world back then. Hope you're enjoying this holiday weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat's probably why I like to grocery shop where I do ... they play all this good music.
DeleteThat song was one of my favorites to listen to back in the day, Myra. Now, you've got it running through my head! You did make a very cute Girl Scout, too. And I so miss the days when the biggest insult was to be accused of having cooties. What has this world become???
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I just don't know, Martha. Still praying, and reminding myself who's really in control.
DeleteI'm stuck in the '50s also. I guess my 50s song is Rock around the clock. LOL.... Rainbows make me smile....
ReplyDeleteDogs names: Ace, Barney and Charlie (I just noticed that is ABC!!! LOL I was never a Boy Scout but wish I had been. We moved too often.
Again, and as always, I like a fun visit.
A, B, C ... I love it! Is there, perhaps, a D in your future?
DeleteAs a white middle class child, I thought the 50s were great. Not everyone did. I was an adult before I was able to look at the decade realistically. Though for ME, the 50s was a good decade.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI have never seen Oz but i love home better than anywhere else. the happiest years of my life were during the 50's, and most of that came from where I lived and the people there. when we left KY and went back to Savannah in Dec 1959 i was never happy again until 1984 when I moved here.
ReplyDeleteI love 50's music and prefer all the ones with sweet harmony. the ones on the juke box in the late 50's. I agree you were a cute scout. KY didnot have scouts or brownies, but i would not have done it if they did, to shy
Do y'all ever watch those Doo-Wop specials on PBS? Love that music!
DeleteI think the 50s would have been a little too "traditional" for me...I think of my Mom waiting hand and foot on my Dad. I don't think I ever saw him do a lick of housework his entire life. Not that he wasn't a good man, but that kind of traditional male/female role thing is not for me!
ReplyDelete🤨
DeleteBazooka Bubblegum! Haven't thought of that in years.
ReplyDeleteA dentist's best friend.
DeleteGood answers! Fun questions again this week. Love you, my friend, and wish you a good week ahead! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I hope you do the same! xo
DeleteI'm sure the 50s were a kinder, gentler time. I was around for them but I believe the 60s and 70s and even the 80s were still kinder times. I don't think we really went off the deep end until after 2000. Ha! I picked the big, bad wolf, too, but I said it was because of bacon. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYou, too! 😀
DeleteYou and I were born in the beginning of the 50's, and yes, that was a happy, carefree time for us, because we had good homes and happy families. And yes, I remember "cooties"...sure didn't want to have those! But I liked the "cootie game"...did you ever play that? The early 60's were okay too, until Viet Nam happened and all the assassinations. After JFK was killed it seemed like nothing was ever the same. And we still don't know who did it for real. I love rainbows, the sign of God's Promise to His people. His rainbow in the clouds gives us great hope. I hate what a certain group has done to that symbol. Such a desecration of God's plan and purpose for mankind. Anyway, I loved your answers and always enjoy visiting you. Oh, yes, you were a cute Girl Scout. I was too! LOL. I will never take a cruise. I get motion sickness too badly, and I also feel claustrophobic not being able to step out on land for such a long time. Flying is much quicker and safer in my mind. I'd really like to take a nice road trip on the back roads and just go wherever they lead. But, there is 'no place like home.' Take care my friend. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I totally forgot about having played the Cooties game! Thank you for voicing suspicion about JFK's assination; glad I'm not the only one! Have a beautiful week! xo
DeleteThis is a very fun post. I love the dog names you mentioned. I have had two rescue dogs that were already named……it would be fun to name a dog on my own! I am enjoying slightly cooler temps here and I did hang a fall wreath this weekend, thank you for your sweet comments and prayers. Have a blessed night. Mildred
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mildred! I love that you chose rescue dogs.
Delete