Thursday, September 30, 2021

It was a very Good Day

 


Sunrise over our state capitol, 9-29-21, courtesy WSFA.
Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of the closing scenes from Gone With the Wind?

Mr. God sure paints some pretty pictures!





Good morning friends!
... and thank you again for your prayers.  They were felt.

Thanks to some angels -- both in the V.A. and the business office -- Tom was finally released late Tuesday afternoon!   Ugh, on the finger-pointing between Medicare and VA.  

Not going there, but aging in America sure isn't what it used to be.

😒

Macie and Grace were beside themselves when they spotted their daddy.  Good thing they're small, or he might have thrown to the ground.  We were both exhausted and fell asleep early.


Had to be up early yesterday, to run his prescriptions to the VA in Montgomery.  On the way, the home healthcare lady phoned to say she'd be over at 5, so that left us time to run errands.


Wow.  So many shelves at PetSmart were empty ... I guess Chewy wasn't lying!  Had to choose 'weight management' -- but I won't be sharing that with the ladies.   Things are tough all over!


Tom was so cute while at Target.  Think, a little kid who's just been given his allowance.  Went to look for sports socks to protect his pic-lines, and wound up with a new jacket, fleece-lined pants ... and caramels.



Stopped at Publix for Genoa salami (him) and my cheese.  But like the mythical Lorelei, it sucked us further inside.  Seriously, I haven't seen him in a better mood in years -- not caring about the cost of goods or whether we need something.  Good thing we don't shop there more than once a month!

😁

The home health care lady came and quieted (most of) my fears about doing the infusions.  I actually got a sick stomach worrying about screwing something up -- and almost did this morning.  Thankfully, Tom caught it.  2x a day for 10 weeks -- yikes!

Face it, I'm not nurse material; certainly not one you want with you in the lifeboat.   My hat's off big-time to those who do!


🤗



Thankful to be home, yakking with my Best Bloggy Friends!

Stay safe out there!
Hugs, Myra



26 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I'm so glad he's home and that you all had so much fun running errands. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is all good news, yay for that!!! including the good news he caught your mistake before you were done. Negative is my middle name right now so here goes.
    I think i was about late teens when I saw Gone with the Wind. I can't remember with whom or even where, but I do remember as it progressed I got madder and madder and developed a hate relations ship with Scarlet and her seflish self, then i got mad at Shermand the them burning the south, by the end i was boiling. I may be the only person on the planet who doesn't like the movie. during 2020 they ran it on one of our channels. I recorded it to see it i could watch it in old age, 10 minutes in i deleted it. that sky in AL is stunning.
    Bob in 37 years has never bought one article of clothing, I have to bring it home and he either keeps or sends back. all the things you describe here he refuses to do. you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, was but a college freshman the last time I saw GWTW ... not a fan of Scarlett, either. Damn Yankees, lol.

      Delete
  3. The sunrise photo is beautiful - and it does evoke echos of GWTW.
    You got me with Genoa salami - I love it! And cheese.....and we might as well throw in some wine.

    I'm glad that Tom is back home and things are going well.
    Infusions??? Don't come to me for help. I'd be the first one to faint....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine sounds really good about now. What do you recommend?

      Delete
    2. I'm not particular. I just unscrew the cap and drink.
      ({'m trying to be funny....)

      Delete
  4. Praise the Lord all is well and Tom is back home. Prayers of thankfulness now.

    Take care of yourselves my friends. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. God does indeed paint beautiful pictures and I do get the Gone With The Wind reference! I am thrilled that Tom is home and doing so well. You can rock the infusion thing, dear friend. God's gotcha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to the comments. Also I know you can handle it, but it is tough and long, but the benefits will shine.
    So glad Tom is in a good mood. That makes life much better even with the infusions to do.
    On TOP is y'all working together and having the fur kids to back you up.
    Love from here and the best to Y'all.
    Prayers continue for both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I appreciate your encouragement! (As always.) Love y'all!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and magnificent sunrise. Scenes like that always make me just look up to heaven and say, Thank You, Jesus! And also hearing about your trip to Publix, etc., made me smile. I know you are thankful to have your honey home, and I am certain you will be the bestest nursemaid he ever had ever!! So relax and just pretend you are Florence Nightingale for a little while. Isn't that a lovely name? God bless you dear friend. So happy you are home with your honey, safe and sound. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hardly the best ... but I appreciate the compliment, Pam! Miss Florence was certainly a role model!

      Delete
  8. Yes, that photo does remind me of that glorious scene in Gone with the Wind, Myra. Stunning!
    And I'm so glad to hear that Tom is out of the hospital and doing so well. I'm not sure what type of infusions you're having to give him, but I had to do the same for Danny when he came home from an infected pacemaker. I didn't think I could give him those antibiotics, but it's amazing how God can help us get through anything to help someone we love. May Tom's healing continue!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! These antibiotic contraptions are something else, that's for sure -- they look for all the world like a clear softball. I'll have to take a picture!

      Delete
  9. That is terrific news. I bet he is glad to be home! i'm not nurse material either and am very grateful to those that are too!Time to celebrate for sure ! Things are starting to disappear everywhere from the shelves at stores. It make me glad I've got fully stocked pantry shelves here at my house. Take care and stay healthy! Be safe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, full-stocked pantry shelves are a real blessing. TYSM for your well wishes!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the many smiles...been wondering about Tom. P.S. since I work in the grocery business I can tell you, inflation and gas prices are the issue and not to mention goods are sitting on loading docks...well, its all a snowball affect, just saying.

    I am so glad to read Tom is home. Thanks for the giggles over the very fact your not nurse material. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your comment to Tom and he's nodding like, "I know." Then he made some no-so-nice comments about cause and effect ... I'm sure you can figure. LOL

      Delete
  11. I LOVE that pivture Goid painted for you. W O W ! I know I have been absent but for whatever reason God is always nudging me about things. Lying in bed unable to sleep he said time to pray for Tom and Myra. I do always pray but perhaps he woke me up so I would be praying more. Glad he is home. I sure love chewy.com saves my achy back from hauling 40 lb. bags of cat litter, 50 lbs. of Leo food and fat cats diet food. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've no idea how much your prayers mean, Anne. Thank you! 😘

      Delete
  12. That’s great news about Tom. Bless you both. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is an amazing photo. I'm glad Tom is home and that the dogs were so excited to see him. Sounds like he is feeling better. Sorry about those infusions. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am back to comment a second time. I am happy things are going well. Just breath and leave the hard stuff to the big guy upstairs. GOD will watch over you two kids. Much love to you kids today and always with prayers always too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!