Sunday, June 21, 2020

A few lines on Sunday


In Jordan.  Always up for an adventure!



Remembering ...
My father. (of course)
Not only on Father's Day, but a week prior to what would be his 108th birthday. Wow.

Let me ask y'all a question:
If you could go back and recapture one moment in time with your dad, what would that be?

As a child, I liked nothing more than exploring the rocks and ruins of northern New Mexico.  Accompanied by my best pal (dad), clad in P.F. Flyers and a shoe box, I loved discovering and adopting lizards and horny toads.
Crazy: I can't for the life of me recall his voice. But those reptilian hunts are engraved in my mind.



Thankful ...
For this morning's al fresco church services behind the sanctuary.
Our first in-person gathering since the first week of March!
There was communion, too.
Hard to see, but there were 2 peel-back tops -- the first contained a tiny wafer, the second juice.



Determined ...
To make this durned Dash ice cream maker produce!
Unfortunately, I missed the part about not over-filling the chilling core ... which, of course, meant the lid didn't seal. Which meant the base started spinning of its own accord, wrapping the cord 'round and 'round.

Had I not been laughing so hard, I might have taken a picture.  It wasn't pretty.  But like those Egglets, I'm going to persevere!



Prayer request ...
When Tom's son phoned this afternoon, we learned his wife has contracted the Corona virus.  Shaunna's an RN who works in a Phoenix ICU.  Thank goodness, she's young and in good health, so is self-isolating at home.  And thank goodness, he's still able to work from home and care for their 3 littles.



and Finally …..
While I appreciate those of you who said nice things about my hair in my last post, I cringe to look at that photo.
This is what it's supposed to look like … 
once in a blue moon!  LOL.
Cameo appearance by Macie Ann.





Have a sweet evening … stay safe!
Hugs, Myra













 



34 comments:

  1. Our church had that same communion package last week. It worked. We had our second in-person worship service today with about the same 75-80 people. Working well so far. Elbow bumps, face masks while singing/talking. Happy to see faces of fellow believers again! It is hard for me to conjure up the sound of my dad's voice (and my mom's) but I know if I actually heard either of them, I would know exactly who they were. You would too! Thanks for sharing your dad and your memories! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thought, Terri. Now I'm a believer!

      Delete
  2. So many good memories with my dad I don't think I could pick just one. Prayers on the way for Tom's son, his wife and their children. My nephew and his wife and daughter have it too and so does my best friend's son. Scary times we are living in. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Thank you so much for your prayers, Martha!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow about Tom's DIL! Will definitely pray for her and the family!! Great memories you shared about your time with your dad and great picture of him in Jordan! Somehow I didn't see you as a child liking lizards and toads LOL; bit squeamish I am about anything that slithers!

    Looked like a great church service!! We've done communion like that in a church we attended. Very convenient these days for sure!

    I do like your hair!

    As you know, my dad died when I was 17 months old so I don't have any memories of him other than what my mom would say. She did say that when my dad would come home from work I would run and get his slippers for him as he liked to get out of the work shoes he wore in the steel mill where he worked.

    Let us know how Shaunna is doing!

    And I bet you'll get the hang of that ice cream maker!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet story about you bringing your daddy his slippers! I can only imagine! Thank you for your prayers, Betty!

      Delete
  4. Many prayers for Shaunna and the rest of the family to stay well.
    There are so many moments I'd like to relive with my father, but I think I'd most like times spent talking about his family. I have so many questions! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your church service on the lawn. Our church will have our first in person gathering in July. Since mid-March and it will be indoors. We are in California, different rules for different locales. Hey, I rode a horse in Jordan too, as your dad did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I just Googled that book you've reviewed and will definitely be making one or more purchases.

      Delete
  6. I hope your DIL gets well quick.
    I think I would like to see my dad near the end - so I could ask him the questions I have now.
    Church looked nice. It is hot here.

    Love your haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Shaunna, believing she will fight this and have a great story and a good life.
    I just loved the picture of your dad, Imma thinking the man's man who loved his daughter!
    Like the church service and hope Shauna the best.
    Love from NC
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for Tom's DIL and your whole family.

    Let us trust in God and His love and mercy.

    God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Thank you for your continued prayers on my behalf, Victor.

      Delete
  9. So sorry to hear about the virus being in your extended family. You're the very first person that I know that has had someone in their family that had the virus. I know that Phoenix is on the uprise right now prayers going up for your daughter-in-law. I do love your hair in this picture and I also love the photo bomber! What a great way to have church I am afraid I might be distracted by the outside noises and birds and anything that moved. Also I would not have taken the communion in those little cups because who put those cups there. Love you sign me Killjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it wasn't entirely unexpected since she's been working on the front lines; we've faith she'll persevere! Gosh, is there anywhere safe we can go?

      Delete
  10. Prayers for Tom's DIL and the whole family, Myra! Sure hope she recovers soon. Thank you for sharing that precious memory of hunting lizards with your father. Oh, how I miss mine every day . . .
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. Blessings to you and Danny, too!

      Delete
  11. You're so fortunate to have golden memories of your father. Love the photo taken in Jordan.

    Unfortunately, the best memory I have of my father is the miracle that we didn't kill each other....
    sorry to sound bitter, but it's true.

    Prayers and positive thoughts for Tom's DIL - I hope her recovery will be quick.

    I like your hair in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir! :) Hopefully, the GOOD memories of time spent with your mother outweigh the bad.

      Delete
  12. Prayers are being said for Tom's son's wife. How scary to actually know someone in the family with it. So far here, I know of no one who has had it. What a clever way your church has choosen to do communion. Lovely outdoors space too. Hope you have a great week ahead. They always say a Sunday well spent means a week of content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! I like that saying! Content sounds mighty good right about now.

      Delete
  13. Keeping your dil in prayer (and family).

    Wow, your dad went to Jordan? How cool is that!

    There is nothing wrong with your photo, I love you just the way you are, my friend.

    I had words with my dad yesterday...and quite frankly...I am just a little angry and sad and can't think of a nice thing to say at the moment. I probably ought to leave it at that...

    Wishing Tom a very Happy Father's Day (belated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! So sorry to hear things are (still) contentious with your folks. I hope they'll wake up sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  14. So glad you have good memories of your father. I was blessed with a very good dad (not perfect of course, no one is) but he loved me and I loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have fond memories. ((Hugs)) I like the communion cups. Sorry about the ice cream fiasco. Praying for Shaunna. My dad's 97th birthday would have been this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those silent anniversaries of the heart. I will be thinking of you on Thursday.

      Delete
  16. Wonderful memories of your dad. I just would like to revisit all the conversations we had together. Also all the baseball games I shared with him on TV. You always look lovely. I did get that haircut, thanks for the prayerful support. The little gal was sweet and I asked for a simple bob. Next time I might go a tad shorter but felt good to shed my Cousin It image. I posted some Father's Day thoughts late last night, changed up my post today and added my Monday post too. I would love to have seen your ice cream chaos! It is just the kind of chaos this world needs. I am glad you survived it. When I first had my Kitchen Aid I turned up the speed too quickly and caught myself being surprised as batter flew around me and on me! I have learned to use that splatter guard. HaHaHa! We will pray for Tom's DIL. My heart goes out to all on those front lines. Glad you had a nice church service. Our church went off the deep end about all the world happenings. Blessed that my cousin Kenny's son Paul is a pastor and he calms me with h+is true pastor's spirit. The church he shepherds is in Pueblo West. Too far away for a SONday service for us. Sigh. Have a great week! HUGS xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cousin It" image? (RFLMAO!) And the Kitchen Aid episode? I've never owned a 'good' appliance … just as well, being Tom tells me all the time I'm dangerous in the kitchen.

      Delete
  17. Oh boy, prayers going up for your daughter-in-law! Northern NM...one of my favorite places in the world. The first wildlife I encountered there was a horny toad! My favorite memories of my dad? Either the times we spent fishing together or watching parades with him. He always seemed softer at those times and not so stern and controlling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that glimpse about your father. I'd forgotten how much my father LOVED a parade. (His daughter, not so much.)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!