Thursday, June 25, 2020

Water Cooler Wednesday ... on Thursday






G'morning!

While I'm not a 'bling-ie' sort of gal and don't wear much jewelry ... I do have a couple favorites.  One in particular, my wedding ring (below).  Because it symbolizes so much more--



After my father passed, mother took both their wedding rings and had this made.  The diamonds are those from both her and my grandmother's engagement rings.


So ...
Have you a favorite piece of jewelry?
It's story?  
I'd love to hear what you remember when you see it!




Have a great day ... stay safe!

Hugs, Myra

24 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My husband likes to buy me jewelry. Hey, what a great post idea, Myra! Maybe tomorrow I shall post on it. Are you gonna post a photo of our wedding ring?

    I'm not a wearer of all my jewelry, I do pick and choose what I wear with whatever outfit. I do like bling though, duh, LOLOL.

    Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK … I STILL like you, bling and all. *smile*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Should've said … that's it in the photo above.

      Delete
  3. So pretty. I have dad’s wedding ring and my brother’s watch which mean a lot to me. Then if course my wedding ring and engagement are so special. I wouldn’t trade these for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...I really don't. I wear my wedding ring all the time, but other than that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ring is so unique, Myra, with so much family history attached to it! I used to wear jewelry when I was working, but all I wear now is my wedding/engagement rings. Wish I had a reason to get all gussied up and wear more jewelry.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Having a reason to get gussied up, I mean.

      Delete
  6. So very pretty and I love that you have a part of your mom and grandmother with you on that ring!

    I don't wear much jewelry if any (not even a wedding ring) so I don't have a favorite piece of jewelry. I think I have 5 pieces of things around that I might or might not wear over the years LOL.

    Happy Thursday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I never noticed your not wearing a ring; neither does my son and DIL.

      Delete
  7. This is a very romantic post and ring, Mevely. It is so nice to have a ring made of both your parents' gold, and your Mom and Grandma's diamonds. They must have loved you very much and they are so precious to you, as you are and were to them.

    I have a ring of special significance. You can see it in the link below; and also its significance is in my response to your comment:
    https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2019/09/musical-me.html

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that now! Very attractive -- and looks like one of a kind!

      Delete
  8. That is so special, I just love it. My wedding ring is my favorite piece of jewelry but no story behind it, just what my hubby picked out and I've always treasured it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband chose your ring? That sounds wonderfully romantic, Martha!

      Delete
  9. That is so unusual and so COOL! You mean to tell me they took both of their rings and put it together for you? That is the nicest thing I have ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly, Sandie. After my father passed in 1981, my mother had this ring made for herself and wore it until she passed in 2004. Later that year when Tom and I married I chose to wear it, as a constant reminder of my parents (and grandmother).

      Delete
  10. That is a beautiful ring and so is the story behind it. I gave my daughter both my mothers ring and mine wish I had thought to blend the two toeether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful gesture, Ma! I'll bet your daughter treasures them.

      Delete
  11. That ring is beautiful! My mom had her ring and my dad's melted down and made necklaces for my sisters and me. My grandma had hers melted down from her first husband (mom's dad) and had my birthstone put in it. I need to dig them out and do a post on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A necklace is a splendid idea! I look forward to seeing them, Terri!

      Delete
  12. What a sweet thing, just to think about combining the rings, but another to actually do it. WOW is is beautiful. I am amazed at the info in the comment, good stuff.
    Sherry is not much for jewelry either.
    Again we loved this.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Since this "C" word started, I've not been wearing my rings so much because I'm constantly washing my hands.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!