Good morning, inmates!
I'm thinking ...
It's a waste of time to fret.
But. Thoughts of Covid-19 aside, our Chief Meteorologist writes,
"Easter Sunday will usher in one of the largest threats of significant tornados we've seen in the past several years."
Then again...
I'm thankful ...
To sit outside in those exquisite pre-dawn moments and listen to the birds greeting one another. They've not a care in the world; and frankly, seem delighted just to be. Here. Now.
I'm reading …
(Jessica Shaw Book 2)
When, at the bottom of pg. 127 I had to pause and mouth, "Whaaat in the heck!?!" ... I'm thinking this is going to be 5-star worthy.
I'm remembering ...
![]() |
Easter Sunday 1954
With my mother and Grandmother Willer
Los Alamos, N.M.
|
![]() |
Troy's baptism, Easter Sunday
with my father and mother
Sarasota, FL
|
![]() |
A few years later ...
Easter Sunrise Services
-- Troy, my mother, aunt and uncle --
Sarasota Racetrack
|










thank you from the bottom of my depressed inmate heart for the hearty laugh out loud not once but three times as I read this pos.. just think, with the mask you can go out with makeup. except of course if you fall down, get hit by a car, have a wreck they will have to remove the mask. isn't that better than being told to wear clean underwear? loved your fond memories. and the odd thing is, I have the same hobbies.
ReplyDeleteYa, but I forgot my eyeliner! I wonder if first responders ever get to thinking about clean underwear and crack themselves up?
DeleteWhat sweet memories Myra. I love Jif and always have it in my cabinet.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter
Thanks, Cathy. Happy Easter to you and yours!
DeleteThat is a sweet trip down memory lane of past Easters. Those hobbies are funny ones, shared by me too. And, yes, He is risen indeed, a cause for joy.
ReplyDeleteThere will be joy in the morning! Happy Easter, Terra.
DeleteIt is so nice, Mevely, to look back at old photos and remember happy times. When we make good memories, we not only make them for ourselves but also for all those whom we love.
ReplyDeleteI particularly like your 1983 memory of peanut butter. Was it crunchy or smooth?
Wishing you well in the forthcoming storm. Keep safe my friend.
As for the lock-down ... I was told that to go to the grocery store only a mask and gloves would suffice. Not true. Everyone else except me was wearing clothes.
God bless.
Hahaha! Always crunchy … extra-crunchy, in fact. (Although I've discovered it doesn't lend itself nicely to an omelet.)
DeleteGreat post today, loved all the family Easter photos. My hubby loves peanut butter and you'll always find a jar in our pantry. Hope you stay well.
ReplyDeleteGreat minds! I think PB should be one of the major food groups.
DeleteHe is risen indeed! Love your picture with your mask, Myra!! How funny the 3 things you like to do! Funny, hubby was mentioning last night we need to plan beyond Covid 19. He said we need to start planning things we want to do when we can do them again. The first thing that popped into my head was eating out at a restaurant, LOL.
ReplyDeleteOh wow with the tornadoes! Praying for safety for you all!
Great pictures of previous Easters and celebrations. They will happen again; we just have to patiently endure!
Sounds like an interesting book(s). Will have to check them out.
Oh gosh now I want peanut butter!! I've been known to eat it straight out of the jar.........
Happy Easter!!!
betty
Thank you for your prayers, Betty! Ya, it's always good having something to look forward to.
DeleteThat's a spiffy-looking mask you've got there. I considered making us a couple out of some neat crabby fabric swatches I have, but I waited a little while, and the feeling passed. :) The ones we already have are working just fine, especially since we rarely leave the house. Once every other week to the grocery store suits me just fine.
ReplyDeleteYour "three favorite hobbies" cracked me up. Me, I can barely keep my hands away from my face. My nose always itches, especially this time of year, when we need a snow shovel to get the pollen off of our porch. (only a slight exaggeration)
Well, you take care. I hope you and Tom have a fabulous Easter, and hopefully, things will be back to normal again before we know it.
Me, too! With the itchy nose, that is. The mask pix is a joke really -- I found an old Crown Royal bag, but feared the yarn would burst as soon as I wore it out in public.
DeleteWonderful memories - although I do prefer Skippy. I hope you don't get those tornadoes.
ReplyDelete'Skippy Sandie' ... I won't hold that against you. (*smile*)
DeleteInmates...yes, beginning to feel that way. Just how many true crime, mafia, and Hitler shows can there possibly be???
ReplyDeleteLove all the old photos! I sort of miss when we all dressed up for Easter, but then again, I sort of don't.
Wishing you a blessed and happy Easter!
Thanks! Tom asked me if we were going to dress up for (FB) church tomorrow. Suspect he's getting weary of seeing me in leggings and oversize hoodies ...
DeleteTornadoes! Noooooo! The life of birds, so innocent, not a care in the world. I am a Peter Pan Peanut Butter gal. I Like both smooth and crunchy. I also smear it on graham cracker s with chocolate and marshmallow cream. I never left childhood I guess but can not do that too often. You made me laugh out loud more than once here. Love your photos. Still looking for my high school photo to do that at FB. HAHaHa! Take care, stay safe and healthy. HUGS to you across these miles. HAPPY EASTER!
ReplyDeleteOooooh, I'd totally forgotten about graham crackers. I used to love dunking them in sweet milk. Heck, life is short - be like Peter Pan!
DeleteHA, gurlllllllll you don't need to wear a mask when your in your own home just saying, grin.
ReplyDeleteNo thank you for the tornadoes, we have been getting snow, yep. You can keep those tornadoes down there, smiles.
Sigh, your hobbies mirror mine, lol.
I hope you have a beautiful Easter, my friend.
Naw, not really. I was just goofing -- playing dress-up with inanimate pieces of fabric. Happy Easter to you and your family!
DeleteI'm saying look at this on Myra's entry. Oh IO have already read that and enjoyed the pictures, just wait to see the grand son then and later. Okay I did smile at that kids height, but I loved your mom, grandma and you. What a great picture.
ReplyDeleteBUT my favorite is the cute in Abilene.
Have a great Easter. WE did enjoy this entry so very much, and love you and wish you and the MAN a great Easter together.
Sherry & jack secluded in NC
You two are so cute! And your comments never fail to make me feel warm all over. Love y'all right back … Easter blessings!
DeleteWhat a blessing to have those photos!! I know pictures were taken each Easter but I sure don't have them. I think I need to have my sister copy some for me!! Easter blessings to you and yours! xoxox
ReplyDeleteI hope you will, Terri … and perhaps share on your blog. A return to "Black and White Memories", if you will? Air hugs!
DeleteNice mask photo. Love your photo collection. I've been going through pictures, too, and found so many sweet memories. I've also found a host of blurry pictures of places I can't remember. So good memories and good decluttering!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of something Flavia wrote: "Thoughts can take us anywhere. Blessed are we who remember."
DeleteUnfortunately, the Easter forecast here in TN is the same as yours - - severe storms and possible tornadoes. As if we didn't have enough worries.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your photo trip down memory lane.....and I'm wondering - how the heck did I miss National Peanut Butter Day??
And, NO - I absolutely refuse to wear a mask, but we might need our tornado helmets.
Have a blessed Easter and stay safe!
Why you old rebel! (*JK*) I remember your refusal to change your clocks, as well. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face!
DeleteLoved walking down memory lane with you here, Myra. And yes, here we go again with the promise of hideous weather! We have the warning here in Georgia, too, and I'm already praying it won't be any near as bad as predicted. By the way, I love peanut butter, too!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
There's only One who can control the weather, so your prayers are appreciated -- and lifted for y'all, too. Thank you, Martha!
DeleteEyes to the skies tomorrow Myra. We’re north west of you and I’ll be pushing all those bad clouds aloft so they skip over us all and head to the ocean
ReplyDeleteStay safe.
Why, thank you kind sir! Someone needs to invent a supersonic fan.
DeleteSurprisingly we had a tornado not far from where I live here in Ohio a few days ago. I was sound asleep and woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling on and on forever.The winds were terrible but no damage here. It took out a barn about 10 miles from me. I loved seeing those phots of your past Easters and happier times. I think we're all looking back these days. I don't seem to have many photos going back as far as yours, but there were lots of good times to remember.
ReplyDeleteOh my word! Wind and rain always seems more ominous at night, doesn't it? So glad you were spared any damages. Wishing you a blessed weekend, chock-full of happy memories!
Delete