Thank you, Joyce, for allowing us to socialize in a fun, virus-free arena. Ready Freddy?
In Monday's post, Joyce mentioned she would incorporate the word she was given for letter K into this week's questions. That word was karaoke.
On a scale of 1-10, how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? #10 = gimme that microphone!, and #1 = I suddenly remembered there's somewhere else I need to be? Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke, what would be your 'go-to' song?
Are there adult beverages involved? (lol)
I'll go with a cautiously optimistic '7'.
I've never tried karaoke, but depending on who's there and everyone's participating … why not?
Song selection?
Let's go with something old-but-upbeat.
How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app, or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?.....
Yes, we still have CD players in the house and in our vehicles.
But. Aside from the occasional holiday CD, our only music 'player' is Alexa. I think it's only $4.99/mo. we pay for an unlimited music selection. Tom's tried, but he hasn't been able to stump her yet!
The HP lands on U.S. tax day this year. Or, what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was canceled, delayed, postponed or extended. (FYI - filing your taxes has not ben canceled; only delayed for a bit.) Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately.
Trying to communicate with Tom.
Because we can't get to the VA (or any audiologist) to have Tom's hearing aids fixed, I've had more satisfying conversations with these two!
You're without power -- so no oven, and you can't open your frig or freezer in order to keep what's in there from spoiling. And you don't have access to take-out. What will you make us for dinner? …..
How do you feel about pistachio-crusted, honey-glazed Vienna Sausages?
No? Well then, based on what's in our cabinets --
While Tom's firing up the BBQ, I'd offer you a glass of wine, a lemon-drop martini, or if you prefer, a Shirley Temple.
There's yummy Bagel Chips and salsa for my fellow nibblers.
Once the grill's good and hot I'll put on pots of chicken-noodle soup and Hormel (no bean) chili.
Don't forget!
I've lot of Hershey kisses and a brand-new jar of JIF for desert.
Joyce has seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP. What are 5 things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don't care for?
Sushi
Hip-hop
Tiger King
Strawberries
John Legend
Insert your own random thought here.
Seems like a good idea.
* * *
If anyone hasn't participated but think you'd like to, click right here and com'on down!






I'll take a Shirley Temple, please, grin...no Vienna sausages, ick. Hey, have a beautiful day friend. smiles
ReplyDeleteWere it not for Vienna sausages and Waldorf crackers my college roommate and me might have starved. LOL!
DeleteDD used to have a karaoke machine and i loved to sing along with her.That was a lot of fun. Alexa fulfills all my music needs these days. If I couldn't cook anything, I'd make a peanut butter sandwich. Laughter and prayer are two good ways to spend our days.Hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma! I never knew anyone who had their own karaoke machine; that sounds like great family fun.
DeleteI have never done karaoke. I would do Side by side ifn I was to do it.
ReplyDeleteI hope the VA can get to Tom's aids. I was very fortunate in that area (Knock on wood).
Imma Vienna sausage guy. Sardines are in with me but out with my girl, methinks it is the smell!
Go ahead talk with the girls at least they might listen also. Sometimes we men are a little daft where hearing is concerned.
BUT we hearing impaired have had some interesting conversations when no one says anything. My son used to say: Dad hears great when no one is talking.
Love from here. Always enjoy the visit.
Your son (JJ?) is a funny fellow! I'll be sharing that with Tom. I didn't think I knew "Side by Side' but just asked Alexa to play it and a little light bulb went off. Now I'm singing it, too!
Delete;-)
Deletesince the power is out, it will have to be a can of bush baked beans, cold from the can, saltines spread with peanut butter and or jelly.. or spread with deviled ham. I bought two cans yesterday because they had them and needed something for IF THE POWER goes off. they will be there for hurricane season. canned tuna on crackers and 12 grain bread... we have no grill and no way to cook but I guess bob could dig ahole in the dirt and we could make a fire with pine straw to heat water or soup... I have never and will never done karoke and we have nothing that plays music but the TV and computer. I can talk to the firestick and get the music you get from Alexa, it works well, but we don't listen to music. if the TV every goes off as in bob is not watching it, I want total quiet. the music we never miss is our favorite show Songland which just started season 2 last night. our favorite show. we are watchin Idol and the voice. that is it for music. I understand the conversation, mine is one-sided. me talk, he no talk
ReplyDeleteI'm not fond of ham, but Tom loves it. Hmmmm...I wonder if he's ever had that deviled spread stuff. We watched Songland for the first time, and liked it a lot.
DeleteSince my mother has hearing aids, I know how frustrating this must be for Tom NOT to be hearing well, and for you not being heard, Myra. Hope this stupid virus passes from us sooner than later! I must say, though, that meme about the 2020 planner gave me a good laugh, as Victor's humor books always do.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Because I'm naturally chatty, these days are particularly frustrating. But I need to remember to put myself in HIS shoes. Just happy the feature that connects to the TV's audio signal is still working!
DeleteHow very kind of you Mevely to advertise my book "Laugh N Pray". You, and Martha, are my very loyal supporters and encouragers and are always in my prayers. Thank you so much to both of you.
ReplyDeletePerhaps your readers may like to know that some of my humourous books can be downloaded FREE from my website: www.holyvisions.co.uk
God bless you.
You're most welcome! Your prayers have been most valued -- and felt.
DeleteRemind me to come to your house if there is no power :) All that food sounds so yummy! When we were down in Tuscon sometime last year the motel we stayed at had a bar and we got 2 for 1 coupons for wine; who could resist that, right? The night we were there was karokee night. First time we watched it; it was fun to see but since I sing terrible I won't participate ever in one, LOL. Cute story about my nephew who is 40 years old now and has Down syndrome. In the "old" days when you could still go on cruises, he and his parents went on several. He loved to go and do karokee and was quite popular doing so :) We saw some that his parents video taped and they were fantastic performances.
ReplyDeleteStay safe and sane :)
betty
Y'all are welcome anytime! I love how those with Down seem naturally unaffected and friendly. Do you suppose those videotapes might be found on YouTube?
DeleteOhhhh, can I have a lemon drop martini please? I'll take the chips and dip too! Sounds like my kind of meal!! Oh, and your calendar meme was too funny! LOL!
ReplyDeleteWhy, of course! Power outages not withstanding, I'm all about casual dining.
DeleteConversations with your pups made me chuckle. I know exactly of what you speak! ;) We lost our doggy last summer (he was 15) and I miss our 'conversations.' :)
ReplyDeleteStay safe!
I'm so sorry about your furbaby, Carrie! My 'heart dog' left us at age 12, way back in 2013. I still miss her terribly.
DeleteChips and salsa would be good. I have that on hand all the time. Didn't think of it. Have you ever had Walmart's peach/pineapple chipotle? I could live on that stuff. I love it on eggs wrapped in a tortilla for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI feel for you communicating with Tom. Tim's not quite that bad yet, but there are days... It was pretty tough with my dad toward the end. I guess the thinking was why get new hearing aids when the cancer was terminal. Still, it would have been nice to talk without having to scream during that time.
I've not heard of/tried that chipotle … but that sounds like the kind of thing Tom would love. Maybe it's the boredom, but I'm inventing all sorts of food combinations.
DeleteSushi is on my list, too. No pass over that lemon drop and no one will get hurt! Happy hodgepodge to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ellen! I suspect everyone listed sushi on his/her blog. I've been known to call it, "Hiroshima's revenge."
DeleteNo karaoke for me unless I have A LOT of drinks and I really don't drink too much! lol
ReplyDeleteYou just made me laugh out loud … thanks!
DeleteTwo things I dislike intensely - karaoke and sushi. But I like Georgy Girl. Great choice - it brings back good memories.
ReplyDeleteMusic source? Lately I listen to a lot of things on YouTube, which offers wide variety.
I'm getting used to power outages (unfortunately). When unable to cook, I rely on sandwiches and snacks (yes, and peanut butter!).
Soooo many songs came to mind; I was second-guessing myself to pieces. Thanks for the YouTube nudge; I should go there more often. (At least more so than Facebook.)
DeleteStrawberries and John Legend? Interesting! It is so fun having the Hodgepodge back!! Stay well!
ReplyDeleteYa, I've never been fond of most fruit. Weird. No question, John Legend is an amazing talent, but I find him kind of annoying.
DeleteEnjoyed your Hodgepodge answers. And that picture at the end of the little curl and the comment on the 2020 planner is hysterical! Her face cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Cathy. Have a blessed day!
DeleteVienna Sausage!!! That's what I'm serving too!! Enjoyed visiting with you today.
ReplyDeleteGreat minds, LOL!
DeleteI still play CD's in my car and definitely at Christmas in the house. I never thought about the grill. I don't care for Sushi either. Like your random about the 2020 calendar!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby!
DeleteThis is just what I needed today. You had me smiling ear to ear with every answer. i love The Seekers. great selection. Alexa is my DJ too.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks for saying that!
DeleteI was just at Mad snapper (Sandra) and read your comment about missing Arizona Sunrises...may I ask what part of Arizona? I lived in Tucson for over a decade.
ReplyDeleteI play CDs, (today's version of old school). And those chips & dio sounds great, thank you.
Had to lol on buying a 2020 calendar.
dio = dip
DeleteThanks for asking, Anni. Back in '02 we started in Scottsdale … moved to Phoenix … then Goodyear. I grew to hate the heat and Big City environment before moving to Alabama 2 years ago.
Delete