Well, hello again! Y'all doing good?
Apologies to my Facebook friends who've already seen some of these photos, heard my stories.
Outside my window?
… No-one else might notice, but the two big trees we had removed make my heart a little sad.
Is this a neat gizmo, or what?
Jacob (its owner/our neighbor) uses a remote the size of a cell-phone and it walks itself right off the truck and across the yard!
Oh, what an ordeal! Jacob came by late Wednesday afternoon, expecting to make short order of things.
Unfortunately, he was struck in the head by a rogue limb and had to go be checked out. Just imagine if he wasn't wearing his protective head gear! Now I understand why - before every job - he and his team form a circle, join hands and say a prayer.
I'm thankful!
Having had to miss #1 granddaughter's high school and college graduations, we were able to attend yesterday's ceremony!
When 500 souls are slated to graduate,
things tend to get b-o-r-i-n-g!
(Particularly if you're a 17 y/o newly arrived from Ukraine and don't understand English!)
We were pleasantly surprised by the speaker! In another part of the country, his religious and political innuendos might have prompted a 'boo' - or several. But his speech was short - and well received.
Lois pointed out, her own 3rd floor dorm room is visible, just over son's right shoulder!
Following the graduation, Troy and Lois had a small reception at their home.
See that cake on the back tier?
This is actually three Pepperidge Farms cakes, held together by straws down the center and adorned with artificial flowers. I love that idea!
Unfortunately -- having binged on Lois' banana pudding -- I was too full to try the cake. Or a slider. Even a cracker. Ha!
3 months and 2 days.
That's how long I've avoided consuming more than 7-8 grams of carbs a day. I only lost 11 pounds, but several inches. Aside from the last year, 'no/low carbs' has been my lifestyle for more than 40 years.
So! When I 'cheat' it has to be a conscientious decision … and man, that pudding was calling my name. Nope. No regrets!
Oh, my goodness!
This does it! :(
I've got to do something about this awful hair! I'm definitely going to shell out the $ for some low-lights.
In the kitchen ...
So, yesterday son was apologizing for not tasting my 'super' Pimento cheese spread: "I don't like pimentos." No worries!
Lois volunteered, she's substituted (real) bacon bits before. And what'ya know? Tom already went to the grocery and came back with the bacon bits. After he (Tom) said he liked what I made yesterday much better than the first time, I realized the only difference was using Duke's mayo (v. Hellman's). Thanks for the tip, Jack!
Makes me smile ...
Sister love.
Poor Chloe has the same 'crud' I struggled with a few weeks ago, but refuses to slow down.
Finally!
A quote to share:
* * *
Happy Saturday ….. Happy Sunday …..
Happy Everyday!
Hugs, Myra
PS - Stay safe! (Thought I forgot, didn't you?)












Love the quote. All the food mentions sound delicious. Now I am hungry.
ReplyDelete… and I was getting hungry all over again while typing this. It's a curse! :)
DeleteGreat quote! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. That equipment that runs on a remote app from the owner's phone is crazy! Interesting idea to put the Pepperidge Farms cakes together.
ReplyDeleteOops! My writing should have been more clear … it's a real remote about the same size as a phone. But who knows? There's probably an app for that!
DeleteThose are some really tall trees. It's a shame that Jacob got clobbered - - thank goodness for the protective head gear.
ReplyDeleteThe many trees around my house are ENORMOUS and I always find myself saying prayers whenever it gets windy. Perhaps I could entice that tree-cutting gizmo to make a journey into my neck of the woods?
Congratulations to your Granddaughter -
but...
just between you and me...
if I had to sit through a graduation ceremony for 500, I would eagerly flee to the Ukraine.
I haven't had a Pepperidge Farm cake in a long time. It looks good!!
Ha! Most of us were busy with Facebook and other cell apps. I hated to pay the $ for tree removal, but wouldn't want to chance one coming down like happened to my friend. Took out her chimney and the home's header beam!
DeleteCongratulations to your granddaughter. You must be really proud. Thanx for sharing the wonderful family photos.
ReplyDeleteI have one of those guismos that cuts trees. It is small; the size of a toy. But the remote control to use it is three times the size of our car!
Keep smiling, Meveley. Life is good.
God bless.
Ha! Talk about a mix-up at the Mattel factory!
DeleteThank you for your kind words, Victor!
That remote-controlled gizmo is definitely cool. I'd love to see it in action.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it to the graduation ceremony this time around. Just between you and me, I HATE those loooooooooong boring ceremonies. Both of our sons had outdoor HS graduation ceremonies, and they weren't just looooong... they were also bloody hot and buggy. At least our daughter's HS graduation took place inside. Much better. Just as long, but without the heat exhaustion and bug bites. Our kids all chose to skip their college graduations, and simply had their diplomas mailed to them. Their choice... but I didn't argue, either.
I love that closing quote. Beautiful.
Have a super weekend. Stay cool!
Darn, I wish I'd taken a video of the gizmo! I'll ask Tom to ask Jacob the next time they see one another.
DeleteI can't imagine having to endure an outside graduation ceremony. As it was we were practically freezing!
ok, we need a follow up post. what the heck is a low light in hair? and the recipe for pimento cheese. I buy mine already made and love it. have never made it. I wish I was still eating sugar because that cake is one of my all time favorites and what a super duper way to make it bigger for more people . so creative. I would have been in the buns and salad.. I really mean this when I say it. I rather be dead that not eat carbs. I tried Atkins and lost a ton of weight but I hate protein , that includes all except bacon which I adore and a hamburger but it must have a bun. I have been 2 years 5 months with no sugar except natural like fruit and I don't miss it at all. no cake no cookies no ice cream NO BANNANA PUDDING. I LOVE banana pudding and choose it over all of the other sugar. glad you got to attend the graduation this time and I want to watch that big red spider walk across the yard. remember the photos I took of construtionc guys in our yard? love those machines with treads.
ReplyDeleteYes, I remember your construction guys and their toys. (I'd love to operate... just once!) Funny, that the Atkins philosophy suits my cravings to a tee … I'd rather eat red meat than any other food group. Not just one, but THIS piggy had two BIG bowls of banana pudding. The first since I was a little girl. Now I pay the piper. I THINK 'low lighting' is basic brown underneath; not unlike the old frost effect. I don't want to get trapped into paying for a color touch-ups every 3-4 weeks! PM-ing you the recipe before this becomes a novella!
DeleteLove the machine but too bad about Jacob, OUCH! Thanks yourownself for the shout out!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway Yep I can imagine the ceremony is boring to someone who doesn't speak the language well and not there for family.
I love the end quote, to the POINT!
Sweet picture of you guys and the grad.
Love sent from NC,
Sherry & jack
PS Is your dude hugging that machine or helping it? LOL
Ha! I think Tom wanted one of his very own. Thanks so much for your visits, Jack; they mean a lot!
DeleteBest wishes for your grand-daughter! Exciting moment.
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea for a cake. Wow. I will try to remember that.
Thanks, Susan! Ya, when she brought out the cake I thought it was an $$$ bakery creation.
DeleteGood for you for the 11 pounds down but I didn't think you needed to lose anything with the recent pictures you shared. Congrats to your granddaughter! Such an achievement! Cute idea with the cake; I'll have to remember that one if in a bind for a quick dessert. Wow that was an ordeal with the tree, but I do like the prayer before the work!
ReplyDeletebetty
We don't eat many sweets, but yes. I thought her idea was brilliant. And Pepperidge Farm has so many varieties! I, too, love Jacob's custom of beginning every project with prayer.
DeleteCongrats to your granddaughter, Mevely! It's obvious that you are so very proud of her, as you should be. And that certainly is a cute idea for a cake. We've had several dead limbs removed over the years, and tree cutting is definitely not for sissies. Glad the guy is okay after getting bonked on the head.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much!
DeleteCongratulations to your granddaughter! Dukes is the only mayo we use. That cake idea is a good thing, smiles. I wish I had gumption to count carbs-I was aneorexic (sp) for years and after I got pregnant at 30, it was decided that no more...not that I eat junk, but I certainty realize eating somewhat healthy or food for that matter is much better...I don't ever want to go back to that way again....I'll just stay pleasantly plumped, thank you very much, lol...ANYWAYS TMI,LOLOL.
ReplyDeleteI like folks who pray before a job etc...glad he is ok. smiles--I hope you have a lovely Sunday, friend. smiles
You're right, of course. Of late, I've been playing Russian roulette with my health. Not TMI at all; I appreciate your sharing!
DeleteSorry about the trees. Glad you got to attend the ceremony. Nice party. Pepperidge Farm makes good cakes. Way to go on the carbs and the 11 pounds you lost. Sweet photo of the sisters love!
ReplyDeleteWow, congratulations to your granddaughter! How awesome for her!
ReplyDelete