My goodness!
July 17 boasts lots of reasons to celebrate!
Pick one, or pick several.
If something piques your interest, just click here to learn more.
This week, Terri asks --
Do you enjoy fresh peaches? What is your favorite way to use them in a recipe?
Generally I'm not fond of fruit.
But one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth was a warm peach cobbler served at the Creekside Bistro in Sedona, Arizona.
Have you ever gone the wrong way on a one-way street?
While in Rome, we turned the wrong way onto a one-way street. So distraught, I now know what it feels like to speak in tongues. Literally, I could not form actual words.
What do you think about Mr. Corrigan's story? True or false?
I've no reason to doubt Mr. Corrigan's account. All the same, no call, no show? His wife must have been so cross.
Tell us about your life when you were 17.
Pretty darn dismal.
My boyfriend's family had moved to Idaho. Aside from MYF (Methodist Youth Fellowship) friends, I was basically rudderless. I looked forward to leaving state for college, but even that was merely an expectation.
Do you use emojis when you text, e-mail or FB messenger? Do you have a favorite?
I'm not a huge fan of emojis - but neither can I help myself.
Most of the time I'm in too much of a hurry to search for something creative.
It has been asked many times, but do you have a tattoo? Do you want to get a tattoo?
No, and noooo way.
"Why would anyone want to put a bumper sticker on a Bentley?"
Please tell us something about your week.
Well, this has nothing to do with my week, but I've been wondering how to incorporate it into a post.
And whad'ya know, along comes Yellow Pig Day!
I could care less about mathematics or numerology, but I am partial to the number 17. All odd numbers, actually.
So my friend and I were discussing her daughter's upcoming nuptials, and (daughter's) obsession with even numbers. Key dates - to include the actual proposal - had to occur on even days.
And so it goes....
By this time, I'm snickering. I had to admit my own obsession with odd numbers. Tom's all the time making fun of me for setting the microwave at 1:03 ... :41 ... or :27. I should probably be too embarrassed to admit, but I've even taken to counting the number of items in my cart before checking out.
Then Janet admits something I never heard of! All her life, when she sees numbers, they're gender specific. Because I'm a nosy so-and-so, we Q-and-A'd for a while. Yet there seems to be no rhyme or pattern. Has anyone heard of this?
* * *
Thanks so much for everyone's well-wishes on behalf of my granddaughter and her hubby!
We're looking forward to getting together next week to celebrate her master's degree and new job … oh, and a new car!
Me? I'm just happy to be here n' now!
You, too?
Life is good!
Be safe hugs, Myra










Congrats to your granddaughter! I am working on my bachelors at age 52! (smiles)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post.
Good for you, Linda! I was never that driven, or book-smart. (Welcome to the tribe!)
DeleteThat cute little girl has a master's? Congratulations! They are a nice looking couple. Your pic at 17 is similar to mine as we have very similar hairstyle!
ReplyDeleteWell, if all goes well she will next Friday morning. So excited!
DeleteI just found out the hard way that I cannot comment here and several blogs when using CHROME for some reason, so I am back. You were a knockout at 17 (still are as far as I can see!) But that aside at 17 I joined the USMC and married a 'knockout'(term from my 17s!). Trying to rush growing up I guess, not sure it worked. LOL.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics.
I'm a numbers person (I count a lot). I lean to the odd i.e. 11:11. LOL
In Pennsylvania for a few more days,
Sherry & jack.
Aw, shucks. Actually, I thought I was the ugliest creature on God's green earth. You know, "Ma" is no longer able to comment here; I wonder if that's something you hit upon?
DeletePraise God for the good news about your grand-daughter and her husband. Enjoy your time together.
ReplyDeleteI took the wrong turning once in the London Underground (underground trains). I did not know how to get out. I asked a railway guard, he pointed and said, "Escalator!" I walked where he pointed, took another wrong turn and still could not get out, I asked again. He said, "Escalator!" I got lost again ... "Escalator!" and again ... "Escalator!"
Eventually I got angry with him and said, "Why do I have to ask later! I want to get out now!"
God bless.
How rude of him! (LOL) I'll never regard an escalator in the same way again. :)
DeleteLove your 17 year old picture! Beautiful then and beautiful now! Congrats to your granddaughter for her master's and they both look great after their ordeal! That is interesting about numbers being gender specific. Should do some reading about that. I know numbers are really important to God, like 7, 40, 12, etc. I like when I see on the clock 12:34 or 11:11 :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks! I, too, need to do some research about numbers and patterns.
DeleteI am obsessed with odd numbers, too but they also have to be prime. It nearly got out of hand once but I have it under control now. Sort of. LOL
ReplyDeleteOh, I'd be interested in hearing more. Have you blogged about that?
DeleteI chose Yellow Pig day because I love pigs. It says tell me about your life on July 17 when you were 17.... I had graduated June 5th from high school
ReplyDeleteI was waiting for Sept 5th to turn 18, because I found a job at Aetna Finance as a credit checker and they agreed to wait until I turned 18. I am going to do a post on this one.
no comment on tattoos lest I hurt someone feelings.
How odd that the three of you do odd and even and I have never heard of this before. now I have. the odd thing I do with numbers, now that I am thinking about it. I count everything I do. I count steps going down or up, I count steps I take in the pool while walking my laps. no need to count I just do. I stop myself and start again. I count things as I put in a box, or take out. odd I did not know I do that and now I do... you were soooo cute at 17. Yay for Masters and new job and car and they look just like my son and his wife. Dan is 6'4'' and Michelle is 5"
… and I count while filling my gas tank! I'm looking forward to your post about that first job. Quite an accomplishment for only 18 y/o!
DeleteOkay - we have to get some plausible insight into your disdain for fruit. I'm assuming that it began somewhere in your childhood.
ReplyDeleteDid you inadvertently sit on a pineapple?
Did you bite into an apple that housed a worm?
IS a pineapple technically a fruit??
Anyway, you should definitely explore the delights of summer fruit and dare to indulge in them. How about strawberries with sponge cake and whipped cream?
Try to eat a new fruit every week. You might become addicted...
This is free advice. I don't expect you to pay
(but I do accept blank checks)
I love peach ice cream. I had a peach tree when I lived in Texas and occasionally made peach pies.
I don't know a thing about yellows pigs - - but I'm all for purple cows.
I agree with Sandra (above).
DeleteYou were cute at seventeen.
Hahahahaha! The only trauma I recall involved dropping a watermelon while at Girl Scout camp. No. While growing up my mother insisted that I eat all sorts of fruit … her favorite food group. Usually canned pears or peaches with dinner. Strawberries give me chills, just thinking about them.
DeleteMy mom used to inflict me with canned fruit, too - and it's not always appetizing. Fresh is better.
DeleteStrawberries are strange. Sometimes they're lousy - - under-ripe or over-ripe.
The ones I had in California when I was a kid were fantastic. Freshly grown by Japanese families.
....sorry for my typo on "yellow pigs"...
I feel the same way about tattoos. BTW....my copy of Hotflashes and Cold Lemonade has arrived! I will finish the book I am reading and I will read it next. I am so excited! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Thanks for letting me know, Lori … I'm excited to know what you think!
DeleteLove your senior picture!! Thanks for joining the Medley today, Myra! I have never heard of gender-specific numbers. Interesting. I tend to like odd numbers better than even too. I don't go quite as far as you and don't really give it much thought. It just always seems to come out odd numbers. Girl that cobbler looks SO good!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Terri!
DeleteI am very impressed about her getting her masters - a real go getter. I love peaches and that peach ice cream looked wonderful. I guess I like emoji's And I love your high school picture! sandie
ReplyDeleteI think the reason for Sarah's masters, the job she really, really wanted required that. And now it looks like she's found something better.
Deletesorry to hear you don't like fresh fruit. mangoes and watermelon are my favorites, though peach pie is delicious too. i too have a thing about numbers. i'm particularly fascinated with the number 237 or 9.
ReplyDeleteMy mother's favorite food group was fruit. We used to suspect I must have been adopted. Ha!
DeleteI got so caught up in the numbers thing that I don't even remember the rest of your answers...sorry! Anyway, it reminded me of something I've read and I went digging. This might be an explanation of your gendered numbers.
ReplyDeletehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia
How interesting! I'm going to forward this link to Janet. Thanks!
DeleteCongrats to your precious granddaughter, Myra! I do love your senior photo, too. Just came across mine several months ago, and instead of making me want to go back to that time, it reminded me of how far God has brought me on this journey called life. Made me grateful!
ReplyDeleteAs for the numbers? Whew! That's above my pay grade. :)
Blessings!
What a wonderful way of looking at it. I'm committing your words to memory!
DeleteFresh peach anything is good, but esp. peach cobbler.
ReplyDeleteSenior photos are either great, not so great, and downright awful. Yours is great.
Your gr-daughter is lovely.
You have some of the most beautiful photos from your memory tree. Love them all. I love fruit, as a kid we would go to the cemetery and pick Mulberries. My niece has a mulberry tree in her yard, my paternal grandparents home. It hangs over her front porch. Lucky Karla! Congrats to your grand girl.I love odd numbers, born on the 3rd, hubby the 23rd, all our kids but Nick (20), 13,9,13,3. We even married on the 3rd day of the fifth month. HUGS :-) been my signature emoji before emojis were a thing.
ReplyDelete