Outside my window ... tiny, but optimistic!
Today, I'm
Pondering .....
![]() |
| (Stock image from web) |
The purchase of a 'twister pod' … engineered to withstand EF5 tornado winds. We'd need to have a concrete pad poured, but at least Tom's open to the idea.
Grateful …..
To have come to an agreement with our home owner's insurance company. They were more generous than we'd hoped!
One of my Favorite Things …..
My taste buds have fallen into a rut -- again.
This is (my) lunch -- almost every day now for a couple of weeks.
Imagining …..
Has anyone else ever begun seedlings or herbs using egg shells?
I've not tried growing anything since Girl Scouts, but it might not hurt.
Looking forward …..
The flooring folks have asked that we relocate for a few days while their work is being done. I'd hoped we might find something 'pet-friendly' along the Gulf beaches -- but hadn't counted on Spring break.
Cross fingers, this cabin on Lake Martin is still available!
A Thought to Share …..
Have a super weekend … be safe!
Hugs, Myra








That cabin on the lake looks like a peaceful place.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it, tho?
DeleteKeep us posted on that cabin for your little escape! Sometimes it's nice to be told you have to go!! Get that twister pod. So worth it for the peace of mind! I don't even eat lunch anymore. I eat breakfast before work, get home around 1:30 and figure out what we want for dinner, which we will eat around 4 to 5ish. I am losing a little weight since I started working again. Win, win!
ReplyDeleteYAY for the 'accidental' weight loss! I usually wait to eat until 11-ish; that's my 'big' meal for the day. Now, if I could just keep from snacking at night ...
Deletethat cabin looks perfect. it's nice you'll have somewhere to go.
ReplyDeleteYes, and thank goodness it's only an hour away.
DeleteWow, I could have used one of those "Twister Pods" when I lived in the Missouri Ozarks. The severe storms there scared the living jeeters out of me!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the home owner's insurance company was generous. That's a rare occurrence.
Egg shells for seedlings? Naw. Too much trouble. It sounds like something Martha Stewart would inflict upon us.
The cabin by the lake sounds wonderful....minus any of the Spring Break crowd...
For sure! Aside from our $1k deductible they paid all but $500 + change. Chuckling about Martha Stewart ... you're right!
DeleteThat cabin looks like a good place to spend a few days if not longer! Will the insurance pay for being away? That would be nice if they would.
ReplyDeleteI would get a tornado pod. After that last set of tornadoes, I would think anything to offer a little more element of safety would be a good thing!
betty
That would be nice, but unfortunately, no. They do not. Thanks for the thumb's up on the pod!
DeleteThe POD certainly sounds like an idea to look into.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid to try to grow anything from a seed. Someone has to get ME started. LOL
The bowl looks good to me. I could get stuck on that. (I'm still stuck on my miracle soup. LOL)
Love from over here.
Sherry & jack
I was wondering about your tomato soup! Y'all come on by and I'll make you a batch!
DeletePS; I KNEW Lake Martin rand a bell. A recent post of Mr. Sean. If you go, I know you will enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Wouldn't that be a thrill to bump into Sean and Jamie?
DeleteI LOVE THAT QUOTE. I is not what others are, and often try to be what I isn't... LOVE that quote and the message.
ReplyDeletei hope you get that place in the photo. it maked me smile, an abandoned drink can, a broom and a shoe.. so did that person jump overboard? it looks wonderful. why not have PHUN while you have to abandon your home. there is no way on this planet i would eat what is in that bowl. the only thing in the bowl i love is the burger, but not like that. but i do get stuck on things i like. i ate hummus every night for months and all of a sudden i could not swallow it... now i have not had any of it in about 6 months. maybe i am ready again. the thing I ponder is why don't i get sick of ice cream or cookies if i eat it every day???
Columbo, Jr. you are ... so observant. Bet you could weave an story from those remnants!
DeleteHaving an unexpected Spring break can't be a bad thing. Glad the insurance is paying off. A cabin by the lake sounds good to me. Be you who you are is always good advice. Not good at all to be a second rate version of someone else.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
'ma'
I've never done anything like this before … but I'm going to consider it lemonade (made from our recent spate of lemons)!
DeleteHope you are able to get that cabin, Myra. And I do love your "thought to share." So true! Honestly, I never knew there were those type of tornado shelters available, but living in Alabama, the tornado alley of the South, it might be a worthwhile investment.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
It looks like the cabin is a 'go'! The pods are not inexpensive, but neither can one put a price tag on peace of mind.
DeleteA week on Lake Martin will set you right.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rick. 'Wish we could afford a whole week!
DeleteWishing you well and safe in the hurricanes. How long can one stay in those pods? Are they easy to open from inside? Can you use a cell-phone inside?
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea to plant seeds in egg shells. As the seeds grow you can just re-plant the whole egg sell with its contents. The shell will degrade in time as the plant roots grow. In Easter you'd get chocolate eggs if you plant cocoa seedlings.
Have a nice holiday by the lake.
God bless.
All good questions, Victor! I think we'll be visiting a nearby Home Depot (dealer) and ask. I'm reminded of visiting 'model homes' outfitted with bunkers during the Cuban crisis -- I wanted one!
DeleteLove the sign of Spring! I think the twister pod is awesome. I'm glad things worked out with the insurance company. Well you rut looks yummy. No I haven't tried seedlings in egg shells. Crossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Debby!
DeleteSo happy for you that the insurance company came to agree. I hope you have a relaxing and wonderful time away!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteI have lived in Kansas (Tornado Alley) all my life. We do not have a basement. And I have only seen one tornado cloud in my life. My 'hidey-hole' is the closet in my master bedroom. Only been in it twice for a possible tornado. I guess I am just not afraid of them anymore. I used to be. When it is my time it will be my time. But that pod is interesting. And worth it if it gives you peace of mind. I rarely eat lunch. My breakfast comes almost at lunch time. I am not an early riser. Never have been. Bailey wakes me up at 7:30 to go outside but then we return to sleep pretty easily. I would love to spend time in that cabin area. Looks so peaceful. Hope the floor installation is peaceful as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Paula!
ReplyDelete